How Much Further to Fall [OOC]

All right, here we go, right in the thick of it. The "Angel" will be based on AA's Harrier build - for some reason - with the following modifications:

-There is no "No More Holding Back" Container. This thing is strictly PL12. 

-The "Angel" is currently under the effects of an Illusion 8 (visual, audio, olfactory) that makes it look like some horrible specter. You'll need to make a DC18 Will save to disbelieve and see what's under it.

So, in keeping with speeding this up, let's do three rounds of actions each. Right now, Jette is floating above the ruined building and can see the stranded civilians who may need to get out - and can also see the row starting on the street. Lady Horus is on the first floor, under the crumbling corridors, and can see desperate people right above her - but she's also likely heard the noise outside and can turn to see the "angel" in the street. And Arrowhawk... well, is right in front of the horrid thing. 

And, to speed it up further, the first 10 d20 rolls from the "Angel":

9, 13, 7, 4, 19, 7, 5, 1, 5, 11

Given that the first one will likely be Initiative, the "Angel" is going on 20. Let's resolve Initiative first. For each round, you can post a "primary" action - what you'd do if nothing else cropped up/an opportunity does not present itself - and some "auxiliary" actions, for if something comes up. Like, "First round, I am rescuing civilians; second round, I am attacking the 'angel,' UNLESS further damage is inflicted on the building and someone else is in danger..." I can tap you in Discord to see if you want to alter the order of operations, if need be.

OK, let's kick some goddamn ass. Osla is going to prioritize taking the thing down over rescuing people, because she's got no ability to mass move people out of here.

Roll will to disbelieve: 1d20+9 16 Arrowhawk doesn't actually know what an Omegadrone is.

Arrownitiative: 1d20+8 10 Arrowhawk did not do well for initiative.

Right, her primary move in this fight is to just beat the living hell out of the angel of death. If it keeps distant, she's going to shoot it in the face with incendiary arrows (+11 to hit, DC 22 Damage, with Secondary Effect). If it closes, she's going to Quick Draw her axe and start wailing on it with that (+10 to hit, DC23 Damage, no secondary effect, but it has Improved Critical). If it really comes down to protecting civilians, she'll try to grapple the Omegadrone to keep it from attacking people.

I'll just throw you a load of dice: 10#1d20 15 15 2 7 4 19 17 3 15 7 Hit me up if it's going to KO her.

Edited by Ecalsneerg

2 [1d20=2]

19 [1d20=19]

18 [1d20=18]

20 [1d20=20]

11 [1d20=11]

9 [1d20=9]

1 [1d20=1]

13 [1d20=13]

16 [1d20=16]

17 [1d20=17]

http://orokos.com/roll/631438

So...with the first one Init will be 3. Yay. Plan A is to use Move Object to pull people out of the ruined building. Plan B is fighting the Horrible Death Monster. Plan B only goes into effect if Arrowhawk is doing poorly in the fight, or the Horrible Death Monster starts targeting someone other than Arrowhawk, or it starts attacking JETTE herself. I will keep an eye on things just in case, though.

Lady Horus: 5, 12, 15, 13, 12, 15, 16, 5, 14, 18, 5, 15, 1, 13, 16, 8, 7, 1, 11, 11

Wadjet: 8, 19, 15, 7, 9, 8, 10, 20, 17, 19, 8, 13, 5, 10, 1, 5, 12, 14, 18, 4

Okay, let's make some assignments - 

Lady Horus is going to spend the first round rescuing civilians inside the building. 

From her fire escape perch outside, Wadjet is going to shoot the Damned Thing outside - she's not going to alert Lady Horus to the illusion until she knows what's happening. 

Lady Horus Init:5 + 22=27

Wadjet Init: 8+5=13

Lady Horus Will Save: 12+5=17

Wadjet Will Save: 19+6=25

Wadjet Ranged Attack: 15+8=23 

Wadjet's Stealth (if it matters): 7+12=19

That's a DC 23 Toughness acid attack from an exploding paintball.

So, let's see if I can put this together: 

Lady Horus: 27, Unharmed

Angel of Death: 20, Unharmed

Wadjet: 13, Unharmed

Arrowhawk II: 10, Unharmed

JETTE: 3, Unharmed

Lady Horus is first and will be rescuing civilians. She manages to get the guy above her, as well as others - feel free to describe that. 

The Angel of Death tries to go for the old woman... and going by the 9 + 12, he succeeds. However, she's not dead, but she's not happy, either. Wadjet manages to beat the Angel's Defense DC and hits, but with the 13 + 12, the Angel manages to withstand the attack. She also beats the illusion and sees beyond the spookshow to see an armored monstrosity. How familiar is Esperanza with Omegadrones?

Arrowhawk, meanwhile, hits on her first attack (using the Axe, by assumption that the Omegadrone charges with its pike). As that's a 7 + 12, the Angel takes its first Bruised. 

EP,  before I move the scene forward - the Angel went for the old woman instead of Arrowhawk. Will you intervene to attack it? 

After talking it out with EP, he has decided to keep JETTE on rescue duty. There are still a few people trapped in the building, but you've managed to get quite a few out already. 

So, that's Round 1 down. 

Angel of Death: 20, Bruised x1

I believe Lady Horus is up next. 

All right, let's process the next string of actions. AA has told me that Lady Horus is going to hit the Omegadrone with her ankh. As her next roll is a 15 - and I'm assuming that's what she wants to use, so feel free to correct me, AA - that will be a 27, which hits. DC27 versus a 4 + 11 for the Omegadrone, meaning that it is Dazed and Staggered. 

Angel of Death: 20, Bruised x1, Dazed, Staggered

On its turn, the Omegadrone shakes off the Dazed - Hero Point for everyone - but it's still Staggered, so its actions are limited. It focuses on channeling energy into its Force Field, activating its Impervious Toughness. In response to the Force Field going online, AA said Wadjet will be using the 20 she rolled to crit on an attack with the explosive paintballs, which will take the DC up to 28. The Omegadrone will be using its 11 for 11 + 11, which will give another Bruised and refresh the Dazed. 

Angel of Death: 20, Bruised x2, Dazed, Staggered

Arrowhawk will, I assume, be using the second 15 for her Grapple, which will make it a 32 on an Opposed Grapple check. The Omegadrone will use its 7, so with a +22, it gets a 29 on Opposed Grapple, meaning it is Pinned. 

Angel of Death: 20, Bruised x2, Dazed, Pinned

According to EP, JETTE, meanwhile, is using her 18 and Power Attacking for +2, which means a 22 to-hit (and it does) and a DC25, which will beat the Impervious. The Omegadrone, having few good options left, uses its 19, meaning it rolls a 29 on TOU and fends off the attack.

If anyone has any actions they would like to alter for Round 3, let me know now. In the meantime, this will be a good time to get IC posts up. 

EDIT: And in the meantime, yes, the building is pretty much clear of civilians. There's still a gas leak, though, but that may be secondary to the big hulking death monster. 

If it manages to get back to me once more, than I'll take that natural 20 and unload with full +5 Power Attack. Assuming it's still grappled. If not, peel off 1 from that Power Attack to reach 22 again.

Edited by EternalPhoenix
20s not autohit crits, alas

All right. The most the Omegadrone can do at this time is use a 7, which will take it to 17, which means it is Dazed and Staggered.

Angel of Death: 20, Bruised x2, Dazed, Pinned, Staggered

Realizing that this may be a lot harder than expected, the Omegadrone surges... and escapes, but not before doing some collateral damage. Everyone takes a Hero Point for the bad guy escaping, and there's some happy fun time chaos to interact with.