Mr. Fix-it - PL 11 - Companyman

As per the refs - I started a new thread for the new version.

I opted for a strong energy projector based on magnetism instead of a fragile-brick. All of his powers are linked to his "enhanced" cyborg body, being "in tune" with machinery, and his ability to project/control magnetic energy.

Mr. Fix-it

PL: 11 (154 pp)

Unspent PPs: 4

Concept: Cyborg/Energy Projector

Name: Timothy Box

Race: White

Sex: Male

Height: 6'

Weight: 350 lbs

Hair Color: Bald

Eye Color: Blue

Abilities:

STR: 14 (+2)

DEX: 14 (+2)

CON: 10 [34](+12)

INT: 18 (+4)

WIS: 16 (+3)

CHA: 12 (+1)

Skills:

Computers 9 (+13),

Craft [Electronic] 11 (+15)

Craft [Mechanical] 11 (+15)

Disable Device 9 (+13)

Knowledge [Technology] 9 (+13)

Notice 7 (+10)

56 levels

Feats:

Inventor

Powers:

Enhanced Constitution 24 (24pp)

Enhanced Feats 7 (Dodge Focus 4, Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools)(7pp)

Magnetic Control 12 (50 tons; PF: Precise; AP: Blast 12, Corrosion 12 [linked +0, Limited: metal only -1], Repel 12, Machine Animation 12, Shape Metal 4) (30pp)

Flight 4 (100 mph, Flaw: Platform (requires a metal object)) (4pp)

Datalink 7 (Mental, 200 miles, 500 ft radius, AP: Deflect Weapons 7, Machine Control 7) (9pp)

Super Senses 8 (Extended Sight, Analytical (Normal Sight), Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultra Hearing)( 8pp)

Combat:

Attack +8 (16pp) (+12 DC Strike, +12 DC Blast)

Defense 18 (+4 Dodge Focus, 12 flat-footed) (8pp)

Init +6

Saves:

Toughness +12 (from Con)

Fortitude +12 (0pp)

Reflex +5 (3pp)

Will +5 (2pp)

Abilities 24 + Skills 14 (56 Ranks) + Feats 1 + Powers 82 + Combat 24 + Saves 5 – Drawbacks 0 = 150pp

Background: Timothy Box was always fascinated with technology and he earned several doctorates in various engineering fields before he was 25. That’s why, when his body became ravaged by an incurable disease he turned to technology for survival. As parts of his body began to fail, he replaced them with mechanical and electronic counterparts eventually replacing a significant portion of his flesh-and-blood before the disease was halted. Having finally stopped the disease, he took stock of what he had done and realized for the first time that not only had the mechanical parts saved your life, they actually made him superhuman! Box also found that the more of his body he replaced the more “in tune†he came with machines. Soon he could communicate and even animate them with just his mind. The same systems he used to “control†his mechanical parts could be extended beyond his body to affect other metal objects and machines, literally bending them to his will. Box is learning to master his abilities and continues to make improvements to his cybernetic parts. He is considering replacing more of his organic ones. However, he is growing concerned that he will completely lose touch with his humanity. In an attempt to re-connect with society, Box has decided to use his new “gifts†to help Freedom City. Taking on the mantle of “Mr. Fix-it,†Box has joined the rest of the heroes and now fights crime.

As Timothy Box, he teaches Engineering at Freedom City University but it is impossible to hide his true identity. More than 60% of his Box’s body has been replaced by mechanical and electronic devices. Almost all of Box’s skeletal, musculature, and nervous systems have been replaced and improved. This has made him faster and significantly more resilient than a normal human. Box’s memory has been enhanced with an integrated solid state memory capable of total recall.

Appearance: Most of Box's skin has been replaced with flexible micro-mail giving his skin the appearance of smooth silver (His head and face look like Destro from GI JOE). Box wears a set of dark coverall that covers most of his body and is dotted with pockets. Over top of that he wears a white lab coat bearing the name tag “Mr. Fix-itâ€Â. The sleeves have been removed from both garments to show his arms and enhancements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Destro.jpg

(But without the funky jewelry)

I opted for a strong energy projector based on magnetism instead of a fragile-brick. All of his powers are linked to his "enhanced" cyborg body, being "in tune" with machinery, and his ability to project/control magnetic energy.

Mr. Fix-it

Abilities:

Skills:

Computers 9 (+13),

Disable Device 9 (+13)

Notice 7 (+10)

56 levels

Feats:

Inventor

Powers:

Enhanced Feats 7 (Dodge Focus 4, Eidetic Memory, Improved Initiative, Improvised Tools)(7pp)

Magnetic Control 12 (50 tons; PF: Precise; AP: Blast 12, Corrosion 12 [linked +0, Limited: metal only -1], Repel 12, Machine Animation 12, Shape Metal 4) (30pp)

Datalink 7 (Mental, 200 miles, 500 ft radius, AP: Deflect Weapons 7, Machine Control 7) (9pp)

Super Senses 8 (Extended Sight, Analytical (Normal Sight), Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Radio, Time Sense, Ultra Hearing)( 8pp)

Combat:

Init +6

Saves:

Toughness +12 (from Con)

Fortitude +12 (0pp)

Reflex +5 (3pp)

Will +5 (2pp)

Abilities 24 + Skills 14 (56 Ranks) + Feats 1 + Powers 82 + Combat 24 + Saves 5 – Drawbacks 0 = 150pp

Background: Timothy Box was always fascinated with technology and he earned several doctorates in various engineering fields before he was 25. That’s why, when his body became ravaged by an incurable disease he turned to technology for survival. As parts of his body began to fail, he replaced them with mechanical and electronic counterparts eventually replacing a significant portion of his flesh-and-blood before the disease was halted. Having finally stopped the disease, he took stock of what he had done and realized for the first time that not only had the mechanical parts saved your life, they actually made him superhuman! Box also found that the more of his body he replaced the more “in tune†he came with machines. Soon he could communicate and even animate them with just his mind. The same systems he used to “control†his mechanical parts could be extended beyond his body to affect other metal objects and machines, literally bending them to his will. Box is learning to master his abilities and continues to make improvements to his cybernetic parts. He is considering replacing more of his organic ones. However, he is growing concerned that he will completely lose touch with his humanity. In an attempt to re-connect with society, Box has decided to use his new “gifts†to help Freedom City. Taking on the mantle of “Mr. Fix-it,†Box has joined the rest of the heroes and now fights crime.

As Timothy Box, he teaches Engineering at Freedom City University but it is impossible to hide his true identity. More than 60% of his Box’s body has been replaced by mechanical and electronic devices. Almost all of Box’s skeletal, musculature, and nervous systems have been replaced and improved. This has made him faster and significantly more resilient than a normal human. Box’s memory has been enhanced with an integrated solid state memory capable of total recall.

Appearance: Most of Box's skin has been replaced with flexible micro-mail giving his skin the appearance of smooth silver (His head and face look like Destro from GI JOE). Box wears a set of dark coverall that covers most of his body and is dotted with pockets. Over top of that he wears a white lab coat bearing the name tag “Mr. Fix-itâ€Â. The sleeves have been removed from both garments to show his arms and enhancements.

Mr. Fix-it

Abilities:

Skills:

Computers 9 (+13),

Disable Device 9 (+13)

Notice 7 (+10)

56 levels

Feats:

Inventor

Powers:

Combat:

Init +6

Saves:

Toughness +12 (from Con)

Fortitude +12 (0pp)

Reflex +5 (3pp)

Will +5 (2pp)

Cost: Ability 24 + Combat 24 + Saves 5 + Skills 14 + Feats 1 + Powers (24 + 7 + 30 + 4 + 9 + 8) 82 – Drawback 0 = 150 PPs

Combat:

Attack +8 (16pp) (+12 Strike, +12 Blast)

Init +6

. . . should read:

Combat:

Init +6

Magnetic Control 12 (50 tons; PF: Precise; AP: Blast, Strike, Repel, Machine Animation, Shape Metal) (30pp)

Is Repel the same as “Deflect� Also, your Strike AP is underpowered (only using 12 of the 24 available PPs). You can, if you want, beef it up with an extra (e.g. penetrating).

Other than those two small details, you’re all ready to go. As soon as another Ref takes a look, I’ll move you to the “active character†forum.

Cost: Ability 24 + Combat 24 + Saves 5 + Skills 14 + Feats 1 + Powers (24 + 7 + 30 + 4 + 9 + 8) 82 – Drawback 0 = 150 PPs

Combat:

Init +6

. . . should read:

Combat:

Init +6

Magnetic Control 12 (50 tons; PF: Precise; AP: Blast, Strike, Repel, Machine Animation, Shape Metal) (30pp)

Is Repel the same as “Deflect� Also, your Strike AP is underpowered (only using 12 of the 24 available PPs). You can, if you want, beef it up with an extra (e.g. penetrating).

Other than those two small details, you’re all ready to go. As soon as another Ref takes a look, I’ll move you to the “active character†forum.

Combat:

Init +6

. . . should read:

Combat:

Init +6

I fixed the typo on the combat total (it now shows 24)

You're right Strike is under powered.... Hmmm.... Penetrating is not a bad idea but I don't know how I would justify it as "magnetic powered punch". I saw the Strike power in the array as using his magnetic control to augment his "metal fist" to superhuman levels. How about this instead:

Strike (linked +0, Corrosion (metal only -1))(2pp per rank total)

So if he punches something non-metal, like a person, it does more damage because it is a "metal fist" being driven by 50 tons of force (his magnetic control level). However, if the object is also metal (like a tank, robot, or reinforced door) than he can apply the Corrosion effect too (lowering the Toughness and then apply the damage). It would make him incredibly effective verses metal objects with would fit perfectly. Obviously, I'm going to need a ruling from a Ref on this one.

Repel is a sub-power of Magnetic control in Ultimate Power. It allows the user to "repel" all metal objects away from him. It might be very useful against thugs with guns.

You're right Strike is under powered.... Hmmm.... Penetrating is not a bad idea but I don't know how I would justify it as "magnetic powered punch". I saw the Strike power in the array as using his magnetic control to augment his "metal fist" to superhuman levels. How about this instead:

So if he punches something non-metal, like a person, it does more damage because it is a "metal fist" being driven by 50 tons of force (his magnetic control level). However, if the object is also metal (like a tank, robot, or reinforced door) than he can apply the Corrosion effect too (lowering the Toughness and then apply the damage). It would make him incredibly effective verses metal objects with would fit perfectly. Obviously, I'm going to need a ruling from a Ref on this one.

Repel is a sub-power of Magnetic control in Ultimate Power. It allows the user to "repel" all metal objects away from him. It might be very useful against thugs with guns.

I don't mind the concept at all, but it would be:

Corrosion 12 [linked +0, Limited: metal only -1] - 24 PPs (or 1 AP).

Since Corrosion already includes the Strike effect (it is Strike linked to Drain (Toughness Save) bought with the "affects objects" extra). This way you could add the drain effect to "living" metal too (like heroes with an alternate form for example).

Got it. I was looking right over it.

I'll poke another ref to get you approved ASAP.

Since Corrosion already includes the Strike effect (it is Strike linked to Drain (Toughness Save) bought with the "affects objects" extra). This way you could add the drain effect to "living" metal too (like heroes with an alternate form for example).

The mechanics all look good, and the story is also good to go. The one edit I made on the sheet is a listing of the rank of each of your alternate powers. I know most of them are the same level as the main power, but Shape Metal isn't, so I wanted to make sure that got remembered.

You are approved.

The mechanics all look good, and the story is also good to go. The one edit I made on the sheet is a listing of the rank of each of your alternate powers. I know most of them are the same level as the main power, but Shape Metal isn't, so I wanted to make sure that got remembered.

You are approved.

You are approved.

• 5 months later...