Emerald City Team-up: Danger, danger...

Christian turned his his head, averting his eyes at the brilliant flare, squaring his shoulders he braced for the jolt.  He felt it course over his body, exhaled, and took two steps forward towards the young woman.  He shook his head, his almost almost sad, filled with regret, "I hoped that you would listen to reason Electron, surrendered peacefully.  Instead it comes to this," his eyes hardened as he moved forward, reaching out with his left hand, she ducked to his right, and he moved swiftly forward his arm wrapping around the villain, attempting to pull her into his vice like grip, an amateurish, but effective bear hug.

GM Post
Against the superhuman strength of Pinnacle very few could have withstood, especially someone like Electron and after a few seconds of struggling she went limp not fighting the hold.

However she must have had something up her sleeves as electricity crackled around her, though not enough to harm Pinnacle, and there was quite a wicked looking smile on her face. Then the electricity sparked suddenly and was gone, but where had it gone exactly? Very quickly it was apparent exactly what she had done...

Emerald Spider
Before Emerald Spider had time for even a quip she was very much aware that something was wrong. Sparks arched across the belt, the very important belt that gave her the powers to manipulate the very fabric of space-time. the very important thing right now was that said quantum force was keeping her up in the air, a good distance above the sidewalk, one that was quite rapidly coming towards her.

"You have a choice hero, keep me held or save your friend!"

Peri hadn't the time to answer either way as she was very much focused on trying to land without damaging anything too serious.

Time slowed as Electron shorted out Spider's gear and he watched his ally & mentor plummet towards the pavement.  He considered shifting his grip into a one armed carry, he had more than enough strength to do so, but the sudden acceleration and deceleration needed to get him to Spider could very likely injure the criminal's neck and spine.  There wasn't an option, even still it frustrated him, he released his grip on Electron.

"Your powers, abilities are a gift, but you abuse them out of greed.  I'll tell you this, if you get away keep your head down.  If I ever hear of you using them for personal gain, I'll be there.  That's a promise."

With that he blew through the door, flying up to Spider's falling form, matching her downward velocity before bringing his arms out to slow her fall, allowing her to avoid a sudden stop on the street below.  "I've got you Spider," he paused, "sorry, she's gone.  I let you down."  His first outing into the world of super hero'ing, an actual villain, and he'd let her rob not one, but two different locations and make her escape, clean.

GM Post
Even with the little time they had, it was relatively easy to match speed to cushion the landing, helped by Emerald Spider herself who even without the belt was a relatively skilled acrobat. They'd touched down gentle on the sidewalk of Emerald City.

The one thing missing from this scene was, as Pinnacle had suspected, was Electron who had taken the opportunity to flee the scene, with only a few stray sparks of electricity. At least, apart from the window, the shop was more or less intact and still in possession of all its property.

Emerald Spider

Whilst she had done this kind of fall before, it had been in the suit and she couldn't help but feel how slow and sluggish she was without its assistance. She'd wasn't concerned with the actual fall yet, the landing was the last thing on her mind. And she hoped it wasn't the literal last thought. Luckily Pinnacle came in at the last minute and caught her before things got really serious.

"Never apologise, lives are more important than justice, that's why we do this after all."

She checked the belt and swore loudly in Korean.

"I'm not going to be able to use this for a bit... and oh thanks for the catch."

Pinnacle beamed the Spider a broad smile, "Would you believe I wanted to fly so bad as a kid I jumped off a fire escape, broke my ankle."  He nodded towards the pavement as Spider tumbled gracefully to the ground, "Wouldn't want you laid out for six to eight weeks while it healed.  You do good work."  He sighed, landed, looked back at the shattered glass frame of the door to the Jewelers shop, "We should go give Officer Kowalski our statement, it stings losing the suspect on my first outing, but at least I got to partner with one of Emerald City's finest." 

He looked at the charred belt which seemed to be occupying the young woman, "I know you've got some work to do, but if you ever need back up," he let his voice trail off, what was he going to do give her his cell number, that wouldn't work.  "Maybe we can set something up." 

Emerald Spider

Even though she was worried about repairing her belt right now, she managed to give the other hero a smile at his enthusiastic telling of his past.

"I've never been troubled with heights, which is quite helpful considering! But I'm probably going to be grounded for a little while."

She looked over at the jewels on display many of which could probably easily pay for the exotic materials she'd need for repairs. Still, who said it was easy being a hero.

"Let's go tell the cops about what we've found, I'm sure we can track her down later."

She went to raise a hand to fire off a quantum thread before remembering and sheepishly walking towards the bank.

GM Post
The detective it turned out was very interested in what they'd found, especially as they'd been one of the few to have a good look at Electron herself. Carefully planned out they found there was no telling how many places she could have robbed without being found out. Even now Emerald Cities rush hour traffic had only begun to settle down to it's more normal flow.

Slowly the police began to disperse, finishing there work at the bank and going on to the jewellers until only the two heroes remained with nothing left to melt back into the hustle and bustle of the city.

Pinnacle beamed the Spider a broad smile, "Well, Electron got away, but we were able to stop her from stealing the shop owner's inventory, so there's that, I guess," he ran a hand through his short cropped hair, "Not bad for my first team up."  He watched as Kowalski and the police officers finished their canvassing of the witnesses, shrugged. 

"I'll try to stay in touch with Kowalski, she seems like she's a workhorse, you know?"  A brief pause, "So if you ever need a hand, check in with her and I'd be ready to assist."  He extended his hand, "It was a pleasure working with one of the city's first and finest Spider."  Even as he shook her hand, he knew that he'd have some explaining to do with Phan, for bailing on their study session, thankfully the whole situation had been able to be contained and resolved in short order, though it still frustrated him that they hadn't been able to apprehend Electron and that she was still out there ... somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Emerald Spider

"You make me sound sooo old!" Emerald Spider, however, had a twinkle in her eyes and warmly shook the other heroes hands.

"But yeah if anything comes up I let you know..."

She got out a cheap burner phone and looked at it rather mournfully it had unfortunately suffered from the electrical attack that had affected her self.

"Alas the spider cell is offline at the moment, I'll have to get the number to you later I guess?" she looked a little sheepish before adding "This is embarrassing but could you maybe give me a lift to the roof of that building?" she pointed to a rather nondescript building "Be a little while before I swing from the rooftops again"

GM Post

From the crowd watched one Mindy Chin as the two heroes departed the scene. No one would expect that she was the villain Electron that the two heroes had thwarted, at least partially, from her attempted crimes.

She was a realist so couldn't blame the heroes for doing there "job", and she'd be the first to admit that she'd been too ambitious this time around, after a more calculated series of robberies. Still now they were aware of her and she'd have to be more careful to make sure that they didn't foil her planes.

But if they did she'd be more than ready to deal with them...

~Fin~