Freedom of Bureaucracy

Black Mamba smiled at Frost, chuckling at Elizabeth's...well...the White Lioness' words and shook his head,"You better hope the Hyena's don't hear about this, your Father won't hear the end of the 'we need to tighten security' claptrap in an attempt to get one of their guys in charge of it." Looking back at Frost he smiled under his helmet,"I'm not sure it is a vote, but thank you for it. What do I actually have to do to become an Auxillary member.....Ms. Elizabeth might not be able to get me the access I had thought she could."

One metal hand reached out to pat the young lady's shoulder,"I'm sure you won't be in too much trouble."

Edited by Tarrakhash

White Lioness

"I plan to cause someone some trouble!" there was a twinkle in her eye and a cheeky grin as spoke. 

The effect was to make her seem as far as her previous act than was possible, it was difficult to believe she was pretending to be Elizabeth earlier. 

"If I'm not grounded forever I am planning to come to Freedom City to study for a couple of years. As you can see I've been practicing the accent, what do you think?" she again dropped into her more than passable East Coast American accent.

She reminded him a lot of his own daughter, no less because they were likely related in someway. Shaking his head he smiled,"Your accent is excellent! The education here is very good, but not sure they teach everything that you could learn in Dakani." Not that it would be bad for her not to grow up among the political issues of the Hyena clan and all they brought with them.

Looking to Frost he frowned, his reason for being here returning,"So what else do I need to do to become one of the Auxiliary? I really do just want to try and help."

Their tour got as far as the library, a substantial collection of tomes that reminded Black Mamba of a small college library, before the whooping of alarms - and the vibrating of Comrade Frost's phone, told them the situation outside had changed. "Well damn," said Frost, checking the latter device. "Come on, there's a crisis. You too," he said, gesturing to the White Lioness. "Maybe this can keep you from a hiding once we speak to your schoolmaster, eh?" 

Frost led them to the League's watchroom, one that had only a skeleton support staff since the League's on-duty agent had wandered off to harass the human resources staff. The emergency in question turned out to be a house fire in Lincoln, a small disaster (on a city's scale, anyway) that could rapidly spill out of control if nobody attended to it in time. One row house burning could very easily lead to many more row houses burning. "Well damn, we need to move," commented Frost. "I hope none of you dislike magic..." 

A hastily drawn chalk circle on the floor of the watchroom soon transported them all across the city in a blast of chilling cold, where Frost took a moment to collect himself as they studied the scene before them. The middle of three homes on this side of the street was on fire, smoke billowing from the windows and a small crowd forming outside. 

Mamba was trying really hard not to look bored as he was shown the library, having his whole face inside of a mask was really helpful  in that regard, he was almost relieved when the alarms started to go off. He watched with interest, aware that both the magic and the library would have made Akhona giddy with excitement he focused his sensors on it long enough to have it stored for later on.

And then suddenly he was somewhere else, magic and technology that Akhona played with always amazed him and he shook his head just long enough to register what was going on, frowning he started scanning the building with his radar looking for people in the blaze,"We need to get the fire out, Frost...you able to do anything about that?"

White Lioness

Luckily Àjàṣorò had her costume under her Elizabeth disguise, just in case things didn't go well, being lightweight but super tough meant she'd hardly noticed that she'd been wearing it. All she needed was to deploy the White Lioness and she was ready to go. As she did she physically adjusted herself mentally and physically so that when she arrived she looked to be as much a seasoned veteran as the other two heroes.

"I will try and keep the crowd out of danger whilst you deal with the fire."

Striding forward her arms raised she called out in a Dakani accented voice full of her regal bearing.

"If you could all move back please, we don't want anyone to get hurt now."

Frost was already on the move, heading straight for the house with some alacrity. "Fire is easy, but if I put it out too fast, anyone in the building dies," which he knew to be literally true and not just hyperbole, but what was the point of dwelling on that now? "- if it burns too long, it spreads beyond my reach. Black Mamba," he suggested, "if you can scout the building, I can get in position to take it out." He had no idea what White Lioness's powers were as such, but if she was anything like her father she was not his first choice to send into an open flame. 

"Those kids are in there!" called one of the onlookers, a tall woman with dark, curly hair who'd come running as soon as superheroes had arrived on the scene. "And that cop! The lady down the street called the cops on those kids, the ones from down the block, and the fire started the minute he went inside!" The crowd seemed decidedly uneasy at the mention of the neighborhood police; keeping their distance from the small police presence already on the scene. The fire brigade, just now setting up, didn't seem to be attracting the same kind of unease. White Lioness was able to keep the crowd under control, but it was clear that there's something else going on here. 

Black Mamba found that the fire proper was in the lower story of the house; it looked strange. He didn''t see any sign of where the fire started; it was as if it just sort of appeared all at once - but he'd 'd have to do some more intense forensic investigation to figure that out. Hard to do when the place is in flames! He could hear noises from upstairs, so far shielded from everything but the smoke. But that's not really shielding at all! And there were people upstairs! He could detect one group, huddled together, and one individual near the group, circling them. 

The house doesn't look very damaged at all, actually, which is also weird - a fire that has actually spread as far as this one should have done more damage to the house over time. It was as if the whole first floor went up at once. 

The people were the main concern, the difficulties with the fire getting there and the various other factors not adding up made him frown but for right now they were not his concern. His armor would keep him safe from all normal fires, the repulsors in his feet set off as he shifted the settings in his suit waves of golden energy shimmered out of the soles of his boots pushing him into the air, there was a part of him that wanted to smash through the roof right into where the people were but he suspected that would just provide more air for the fire and make it worse...like a big chimney.

Frowning he spotted a window in the upper floor that lead into the master bedroom, that would have to do! Pulling a Centurion he put both arms above his head as he flew off, flying so his body was horizontal to the earth and making his cross section small enough to smash through the window and onto the other side. From there he should be able to figure out the best way to extract the people, the single person circling the group still seemed weird and then it hit him as he hurtled towards the window.

Just like a group of hostages with a captor....was this something more sinister than it appeared? It was too late to worry now, but he had the weapons systems fired up as he smashed through the glass and into the building itself, scanning as he went ready to fight or rescue as the situation required.

Upstairs Black Mamba was confronted by a grim scene - a figure sheathed in flame and fire, and a half-dozen kids in the casual dress of Lincoln kids on a warm summer afternoon, the half-dozen in a tight circle ringed by fire. His sensors could detect the smoke in the room, but it wasn't enough to choke humans - yet. This crisis was about to get much worse. 

"YOU SEE!?" demanded the figure wreathed in fire. "YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE?

"He's crazy! He's crazy!" yelled one of the kids. "Please, you've got to help us!" 

Shattered glass raining down off of the black and gold armor the flying man hovered above the floor, taking in the scene with almost dispassionate eyes, these kids were almost the same age as his and he was going to make sure they were safe. Over the communicator channel the three heroes had shared earlier he transmitted what he was seeing.

++We have a flaming psycho, six kids, the kids are surrounded by fire and the smoke level is rising...taking out the psycho.++

Golden energy burst out of his boots as he hurtled through the air around the kids and towards the flaming mad man, the servos in his arm whining as he drew back a black and gold gauntlet smashing towards the flaming foe ready to end this as quick as he could so he could save the kids. Even as he thought it ports on his arm, silver mechanical snakes slithered out crackling with electricity ready to wrap themselves around the mad man and take him down as Black Mamba's fist shot forward only as it did was the small voice in his head ready to say that perhaps he should have tried to talk the bad guy down...too late now.

White Lion

Her first instinct was to rush in and help, to be the hero like she'd seen on so many forms of American media, but she'd learned from her father that there were often others ways to fight a battle. She looked at the crowd, the people who knew this area as there home, maybe they knew something that they could use?

"People are in danger inside that building if you know anything that can help us save them please tell me."

She hoped the fact that she wasn't local might help them open up and tell them what was happening.