Terminal, Eternity, What up?(IC)

Ari

GM

April 1st, 12.02AM, 2018

Club Infinity, on the Waterfront, Freedom City, New Jersey, USA, Earth-Prime

The music had hit its fever pitch, the pulsing beat was in its stride. Bodies had become moderately-active bodies propelled around a world full of smoke machine exhaust, lasers, strobe lights and sweat.

Then-

With roar and a crash the ceiling collapsed! Four figures landed among the shocked and frozen crowd and then split up, two racing for a corner of the club where a young woman was seated. The other two headed for a small crowd surrounding a lithe young man. Both were grabbed, with a light flaring before their eyes and their vision abruptly cutting out.

Before anyone could raise a proper protest at such behavior both were gone, the quartet vanishing back out through the roof into the waiting nigh-silent and invisible aircraft waiting for them.

With a whisper and a sigh, the craft was gone. Below it, hundreds of shocked eyes, blinking phones and belated yells began to overcome the still-throbbing music.

The bartender had already pressed the silent alarm. She made double-sure she'd pressed the one about supercrime.

---------------------------------

Elsewhere

On the plane, the two captives had been tied together at the knees and elbows. It was shockingly uncomfortable. Since their sight was gone, all they could make out of their captors were their voices.

A sulky, faintly-accented voice spoke first "You sure this will wear off, Wallflower?" 

"Of course! In a few hours or when I flash the reverse signal to their brain!" that one was lighter and bubblier, with a bit of electronic distorition.

"Hey!" a growl sounded right next to the captives' ears "I'm watching you, don't even try anything and you won't get hurt." The last was punctuated with a sharp, painful kick to Cherish's shin.

A fourth snapped imperiously "Jawbreaker! That is no way to treat a client. Toy, take over flight to HQ."

"Affirmative" a robot's voice, oddly friendly-sounding.

Cherish felt a warm hand on her shoulder "I hope you won't hold that against Jawbreaker, Miss? We're only keeping you for a short time and, I promise, you will be treated with the utmost respect. Here..." Cherish felt an energy emanate from the hand, flowing through her veins, easing the pain from her throbbing shin. More worryingly, she could feel something slip between her and her powers...

Meanwhile, Luther felt someone crouch next to him. "Hey, Luther! You can call me Wallflower, I'm a huge fan!"

"Your grasp of the dark universes conjured from his music is like a child's." the sulky voice said

"Aw, don't be like that, Pixie! Anyway, Mr. Sorrow, I just want you to know I won't let anyone hurt you and we're going to be best friends!"

"It's a good thing he can't see you. You sound ridiculous talking like that at your age."

Edited by Ari

Lament

"I do love a fan"

Luther had been DJing some jazz-trance spooky tunes, complete with a few magic tricks and all the props. The Great Zombo! Master of Voodoo! he had been, and was actually enjoying it. A change of scene. Abigail and Billie had done a great dance routine dressed up like zombies, much to the titillation of the crowd. 

And the Void had been feeding ever so slightly, insidiously, and was feeling rather bloated. Thank goodness. The show would have gone even better if he had reigned in the psychic parasite, but he was satisfied with a good performance, and a crowd that felt generally good about the show, albeit a few unfortunates who had been dined on and whom would feel uncharacteristically miserable the next few days. 

If things continued heading south, perhaps the Void would have something new to sate itself on. 

"They tend not to tie me up, though" he added. "So I'm guessing you aren't counting on a cup of tea and my goodwill?"

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Cherish definitely needed to get a new costume before summer. Black bodysuit during the day would kill her in more ways than one. But it was night time. She worked the hero scene until dusk and then made her way to where ever Jason and Tommy had set up. This time? Club Infinity. There were definitely better and worse places. Still, the three siblings could get things going no matter what.

The three met inside the club, Cherish didn't get too dressed up; black bandana cloth tank and black pants with a bunch of zippers, straps, and pockets. Tommy, try as he might to keep his thoughts to himself, was hitting up this girl. Jason and Cherish didn't help much by imitating their brother mentally and snickering.

But that was only part of the night. What REALLY stepped it up was when some 90s girl group raided the place. Freedom City never slept. Though she got a few mental pot shots, it didn't help that she had to stay civilian. And lucky her, she was one of the captives. If not THE captive.

ELSEWHERE

Little did pop music know that she could sense them mentally and accurately, even without sight or sound. But something happened, her mental power ceded. SHe could hear them talking about flashing her brain. WHat were they doing, she struggled a bit, not knowing where they were going with this.

The sharp kick made her shout out, the first noise she had made ever since being kidnapped. The warm voice seeped into her ears and while calming, did not... well, it did heal her for some reason? "No, just get me down from here."  The usual natter from her brothers ceased. "If you know who I am, and why wouldn't you if you stole me, you know what I'm worth."

GM

"We're aware, yes." One of the other voices, the cold and silky one that had been berating "Wallflower" and named "Pixie" , was speaking. There was a whisper-soft movement and Cherish felt someone beside her. "In fact, that is why we've taken you. Someone does not approve of your work. I don't approve of them, but that doesn't matter. How you feel about it is immaterial as well. What matters is we keep you safe until the process is complete. Then you go back to your family, we get payed the other half of our fee, this gets passed off as a ransoming, everyone is happy." 

Pixie stood up. "You have a few hours to come to terms with this."

Meanwhile, Wallflower was hastening to reassure Luther. 

"Nonononono, we just have to do all this for appearances! If the client sees us treating you like our friend, they'll get suspicious and start asking questions we can't easily answer! This way, we just need to say somethng about how you "got in the way" and they'll figure we knew what we were doing!"

There was a very sudden, very powerful silence. Neither Cherish or Luther could see for sure, but they could FEEL the other kidnappers staring at Wallflower.

"I mean...it's not like we don't, just, um..." She trailed off and skittered somewherre inconspicuous. 

The flight was mostly silent from then on out, until they arrived somewhere cold and dank. Someone big and brawny marched Cherish and Luther into a room, someone smaller hurrying behind. Without much preamble, their carrier secured them by Luther's right arm and leg and Cherish's left arm and leg to a bar on the wall.

"Flower, the pulse." Jawbreaker's voice said.

"R-right!" Wallflower fumbled for something, her next words followed by a rising hum of building energy "Reverse signal...now!"

Luther and Cherish found themselves in a windowless concrete cell, a pale flourescent light flickering in the ceiling. 

Wallflower turned out to be a short and chunky girl with springy brown hair in bright and puffy clothes, a backpack bulging with various gadgets on her back and more peeking out from the hems and sleeves of her clothes. Jawbreaker was six foot five of sleek dark pink muscles, flourescent blue hair coiled into a bun, wearing a blue and yellow uniform that matched her solid yellow eyes.

Jawbreaker glared at Sixiang "Just two more hours, Cherish. Then your mother gets here. DJ, I don't know how long you have. Relax I guess." Wheeling around, Jawbreaker stomped into the hallway, Wallflower darting an apologetic look as she followed suit, whispering "Call if you need the bathroom" before Jawbreaker slammed the steel cell door shut.