Crimebusting Monthly: Pillage and Plunder [OOC]

Are you talking about contacting the detective? No roll needed, he's eager to get outside help. If you're talking about the knowledge checks, they'd be for learning more about lycanthropy, or learning more about the robberies, or maybe about what was stolen. It's up to you really, if and where you want to direct your energies before arriving.

All right, how many rolls is that, and with which skills? Is there a limit? Things like this are Terrifica's bread and butter. She can sub Computers for Gather Information, due to a feat.

Side note: The Chameleonic Projector is from her Gadgets. Concealment (Normal Vision)

Edited by EternalPhoenix

Just limit yourself to one or two for the time being. There will be ample opportunity for these kinds of checks in the future. You can make a gather information check to do something like learn eyewitness testimonies, or even just a precise number of bikers. Or make a check using any knowledge skill you think may be appropriate. Something like Arcane Lore to study lycanthropy, but if you can make a case for another knowledge check, you can use that. An example would be using Tactics to derive information about the thieves based on any strategy (or lack thereof) that they use when raiding stores. 

I suppose a better way of putting it is that the only details you know so far is what is in the original IC thread. If you are dying to learn a detail that has not been mentioned, or want to extrapolate more from a known detail, make a case for a skill and roll the dice. :)

That would be up to you lovely folks. Terrifica has already arrived in costume. Would Replica show up in superhero attire as well? Showing up out of costume would not risk your identity except to the other heroes, but bear in mind that a detective will arrive. Showing up in costume would draw attention from patrons, but not in any adverse sort of way. After all, heroes gotta eat, too.

Terrifica manages to get a hold of the security camera footage of a couple of locations that were hit. In it, she discovers that there are seven gang members in total. From the footage you find that the gang members eschew firearms entirely, or at the very least, refrain from drawing them. At first glance they appear to use mindless smash-and-grab tactics, but closer inspection reveals that they are employing tactics to minimize any injuries. They not only freely allow customers and clerks to flee, but encourage it by driving them out the door. While three bikers deal with that, three more take whatever they can get their hands on. They seem to focus on speed rather than monetary value when selecting what to take, smashing display cases rather than trying to break into the back. One biker always stands outside the shop, both as lookout and extra "encouragement" to keep the runners running. The gang never stays more than one or two minutes, often leaving behind plenty of valuables for the sake of speed. As a result, the only law enforcement the gang has had to deal with are guards within the shops themselves, all of whom were simply rushed and pinned to the floor before they could react.

Because witnesses are sent running immediately as the robbery begins, eyewitness accounts tell little not apparent in camera footage. However, a few witnesses described the bikers as having yellow eyes and as behaving in a feral manner, such as growling and snarling at them. One eyewitness reveals the information that the bikers all have claws on the ends of their fingers. As far as Terrifica can ascertain, none of the gang members have actually slashed anyone with them, or even injured anyone beyond some nasty bruises.

Edited by NotAHoneyBadger

Since EP already got some pretty sweet rolls on Gather Info and Tactics, Replica spent the night trying to figure if these bikers really fit the description of werewolves and whether that means they got exploitable weaknesses. Also, rolling for Streetwise to see if these guys have a reputation in the underworld. Replica's Eidetic Memory lets me roll for these untrained. 

Knowledge (Arcane Lore): 1d20+6 9

Knowledge (Streetwise): 1d20+6 7

Ouch.

Edited by Cubismo

All right, let's try doing this from my phone. Sorry for the wait, people. I'm thinking about moving the IC thread forward a little by having the detective show up, and letting heritage join when he is ready, as he hasn't shown up yet. I'm not particularly familiar with the average post rate on this site, so if that's normal, let me know.

Replica only manages to do the most cursory amount of research before she is called in to work on an emergency. Some careless researcher forgotten to turn off some running computers, overheating and alarms occurred, and people panicked. It was brutal (slightly hilarious). Regardless, all Replica learned is that werewolves are weak to silver, and that she couldn't find any evidence that the bikers were particularly infamous in the underworld.

Temperance finds a plethora of "imaginary friends" with a lot of insight on lycanthropy. Classical werewolves (those that transform) are usually tied to the moon, although not necessarily. These are the only lycanthropes weak to silver. However, because the attacks happen in daylight, Temperance confirms LittleMissTerrific's assumption that these aren't the types of werewolves they are dealing with. No, it is more likely that the bikers are men imprinted with an animal soul. The imprinting can be natural, something from birth, or the result of a ritual that "forces" the spirit of an animal into a human body. Neither have any particular elemental weaknesses, but neither are particularly resistant to damage either. Punching them into submission or unconsciousness would work just fine. That said, both types are skittish towards loud noises and fire. They are difficult to intimidate... but not to frighten into fleeing or confusion. The main benefit of an animal soul seems to be enhanced physical strength and speed, enhanced senses like hearing and smell, and sometimes the ability to aqcuire natural weapons like fangs and claws. The latter type, those that have had a spirit forced into a human via ritual, can have the magic undone by another ritual. It would take Temperance some more time to research this ritual, however. The final piece of information that Temperance learns is that those with wolf souls can form packs, making them unwaveringly loyal to each other, and also allowing them to communicate silently, using visual cues or noises not audible to normal humans.

Phone is hard to use. I'll edit this to give you your Gather Information results, but they overlap with Terrifica's anyway.

Temperances Gather Info Check:

A few eyewitness reports detail that the robbers are surprisingly non-violent. They not only refrain from pulling out firearms or any kind of melee weapons, they also allow shoppers and staff to flee. The robbers rarely, if ever, try to break into any safes or vaults on the premises, but rather make do with whatever is on display and leave, long before police can arrive.

A few witnesses described the bikers as having yellow eyes and as behaving in a feral manner, such as growling and snarling at them. One eyewitness reveals the information that the bikers all have claws on the ends of their fingers. As far as Temperance can ascertain, none of the gang members have actually slashed anyone with them, or even injured anyone beyond some nasty bruises. (Which is immediately rendered obsolete with the newest DM post. One person has been injured.)

The next few days I should be around often, and can answer questions for Fantoni in (hopefully) rapid succession. After that I am planning on posting a new DM post roughly once a week, give or take a day. I hope that is enough time to avoid rushing anyone. And of course, if everyone has replied to a post and seems to be ready to move on, I will update sooner than one week if I am able. :)

As to the question of yours that went unanswered...we don't have a set schedule, really. We live in different places with differing work schedules and personal lives. So...it should only take about a week (unless you're Tiff :P [? you, Auntie.]) for everyone to get in. Still, if it's been a few days and you're feeling impatient, go bother the person about it. Discord, PMs, whatever. Don't do it all the time, or you'll probably irritate them, but I'll have faith in your social skills on that one. :D

Edited by EternalPhoenix