Iron Works

Supercape

Okay, Lady Horus will Accurate Attack for +1, raising her Attack to +7 at the cost of dropping her damage (IIRC). She'll hang back near Wadjet and take out any robots going after her, taking 10 and inflicting a Tou save of DC 28. 

If Wadjet's in a position to start taking 20, she'll do so!

If not, she'll roll - and get an 18. 

Let me know how that goes and I'll post. 

I think its taking 10 rather than 20 but either way, its a hit from both of them. 

THe monkey bot that LH is aiming for cannot make that save, so it is smashed. 

COuld you post your move actions too if any?

I am on holiday next week so may ask you to make some rolls on my behalf in Oro (I will have spotty internet; enough probably for a few IC posts but might be a stretch with Oro!)

8 hours ago, Avenger Assembled said:

I keep signing on when I'm too exhausted to think straight

I know the feeling...

I can manage non combat stuff when my brain is  fuzzy but the combat stuff feels like sludge when Im tired no matter how well I know the rules. 

Ill sort out some half-baked handwave today to keep it going! :D

OK, so hopefully this is ok!

1 Scuttlebot down. 

3 Scuttlebots will turn their attention to LH, crawling up the metal framework 20' to gain partial cover and then...

Limbs extending to punch LH! Punches Lady Horus: 3#1d20+7 18 11 20 all missing!

(Option: as extending their limbs is an unusual action, ill give you an HP to say to are flat footed and get two punches, DC 20 Toughness saves each)

The other 2 bots will try and trip Wadjet, who is indeed flat footed: Attack Wadjet: 2#1d20+7 9 13, one of those hits: 

Opposed Trip Roll: 1d20+5 24 nasty! opposed with STR/DEX/Acrobatics. If fail, you are tripped off Barrelhouse. You can make a DC 20 Reflex Save to grab onto something just before hitting the molten metal, or DC 15 to grab on saving yourself but dropping the gun into the molten metal in the attempt. If you fail that, Damage 12 (DC 27) Tough heat effect (and feel free to add any Bedlamite flavoured burn scars for the future). If this happens, the Paintball Gun probably needs a tough save to (+14 bonus I think as Device 4). Again, feel free to add any suitable complicatoins to any of that for an HP (such as the Paintball gun being dropped into the molten metal, or the heat frying the suits commlink, or the paintball gun exploding its balls as it heats up in the molten metal)./ 

Edited by Supercape

Wadjet: 

Resisting the Trip: She can't make a 24, so not going to bother to roll. 

Reflex save: 19 I'll take the falling into molten metal thing. 

Tou vs DC 27 on the gun: 17

Alas! 

Lady Horus goes to save her sidekick, as that is the heroic thing to do! She'll spend her turn grabbing Wadjet and pulling her out of harm's way. 

As for the gun going off, I do like the idea of that complication. I will post to that effect ASAP and hopefully earn some Complication HP, or at least burn the place down. =D

ok! an IC post of that drama would be great. 

+1 HP for Lady H pulling Wadjet Out

+1 HP for the Gun going off - I think its pretty hard to burn a steel smelting factory down but we can have some sprinklers going off, a Damage 3 effect on Wadjet Lady Horus from the explosion (And blobs of molten metal) and all sorts of tomfoolery

The metal does hit the scuttlebots, but they are immune to heat!

Round 2

32 Lady H - Unharmed - 3 HP

24 Wadjet - Unharmed (NB: Flat footed / Climbing)

5 Scuttle Bots [6]

Lady Horus is immune to damage at that rank with her Impervious - her sidekick is not! 

Tou vs 20: 

http://orokos.com/roll/644256

Well not going to take that 9! 

http://orokos.com/roll/644257 = with the HP that's a 23, and Wadjet is okay. 

Lady Horus is getting frustrated - she's going to blast the damn giant robot to pieces. 

As I believe it's an inanimate object, the DC to hit is quite low even at range - do you want a roll to hit it, Cape? The roll I did wasn't so great. 

Wadjet is out of options since she's out of melee range of the robots for the moment and she's lost her gun - but she will activate her Master Plan! 

http://orokos.com/roll/644259 = a nat 20 on that roll! 

Okay, she'll add the bonus from that roll to all of her ally's subsequent actions.

Bad News: Ill let that mastermind fly, but split the difference of opinion :) cutting the bonus by 1, for a +2 bonus next round, +1 bonus the round after. ?

Good News: Mastermind bonus applies to allies, and the masterminder (so both LH and Wadjet)! ?

YOu cant realistically miss Barrelhouse, as it is immobile (possibly at range but it would still be a terrible roll to miss) so skiping straight to toughness: Tough Save vs LH: 1d20+15 28 Barrelhouse is a tough one and rolls well ?

To finish off this round we have five scuttle bots. One will be dashing off. 

Two will try and grapple LH (one attack, aided), and the same for Wadjet

Grapple Attacks: 2#1d20+9 18 24 meaning Wadjet is grappled. 

Opposed Grapple: 1d20+10 21 for grapple. 

Whilst the Scuttlebots bodies are a dozen feet above (incidentally, in range of a metal pole swipe if you want to wrench one out of the scaffolding), the arms are in melee range (albeit at slight penalty to hit as per elongation rules, so a +8 def). 

On that note, either LH or Wadjet can pick up a metal bar (or something similar according to your fancy like a chain or hammer) as a move action round here, as an improvised weapon. 

Could you throw me an opposed grapple for Wadjet as above and then...

Round 3 (+2 MP Bonus!)

32 Lady H - Unharmed - 2 HP

24 Wadjet - Unharmed (NB: Flat footed / Climbing)

5 Scuttle Bots [4 in the fighht, One scuttling away]

Barrelhouse (inactive) 

Edited by Supercape
  • 2 weeks later...

Cape, I've been thinking about this for a couple of days, and I'd like to go back a step:

I was under the impression that the characters had successfully flown out of melee range of their attackers - that's what I was trying to describe with Lady Horus grabbing Wadjet and flying out of the immediate scene with her. Wadjet certainly isn't climbing at this point.

I feel like it maybe needs an edit?

OK, Anna Cline is going to use her super-speed to search the building as much as possible before anyone unprotected can make it back in - she's going to try and find the giant robot again (just to make sure it hasn't moved) as well as anything else of interest relating to the case; i.e. more killer robots and killer robot-themed problems!