Igneous

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

I'm a college student who has been turned into... something else.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

Some friends call me Mikes, Mikey, Em, Terra, Terry... I don't really mind what nicknames people use.

What is your full birth name?

Micah Nichole Terran.

Where do you live?

Freedom City Uni dorms! ...er, well, until I lit them on fire, that is. On accident! But, yeah. I'm staying with a friend at the moment

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

I'm 25, born 1993

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Female.

How would you describe your heritage?

White Redneck. My parents are named Cliff and Loraine, for crying out loud.

How tall are you?

5'4"

What is your body type?

Small, athletic.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

I can't stand the cold.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

Hehehe... not really graceful. I weigh over 400lbs, so yeah, I'm heavy on my feet. Not stealthy, but I can walk with confidence thanks to me being a walking tank and all.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

White skin, amber eyes, copper hair.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Braids, ponytails, and buns mostly. I have to keep my hair up in the lab.  No facial hair.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Pfft... even if I was before, I doubt I am now. I can't wear makeup, and it looks like I have a skin condition. I hope others find me attractive, but... well, I wouldn't bet on it.

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

I had scars, but they're gone. No tattoos, no piercings, not even earrings. I would have lost them in the change anyways. Kinda the same with birthmarks... any I had are covered up by all these blotches, and they're just side effects of the change. I think they're chunks of rock close to the skin.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

I don't know... when I'm Igneous, I think I look like Te Kā from Moana... does that count?

Do you have a dominant hand?

Left handed.

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Not that I was much of a fashionista before, but now I wear cheap crap. Whenever I transform, my clothing rips or catches fire. Thank goodness for Goodwill.

Do you wear makeup?

No, nothing would set, as hot as I am now.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

My range is f***ing fantastic, if you count Igneous. I drop like, eight or nine octaves or something. 

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I have a habit of wisecracking when I'm nervous. And oh boy, do people point it out. they're all like "Take things seriously," and "This is a funeral, show some respect..."

That last one was a joke, by the way. In case you couldn't tell.

History

Where do you come from?

The middle of nowhere Indiana

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I moved all the way to FC. Before that, I've always lived in Celestine.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Loyal? Ehh... I don't get mixed up in politics. I'm not a huge fan of the government. I think they could be a lot worse, but... you know. Greed gets in the way of things.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

I like to make fun of it, but honestly? It's really beautiful, and I do miss the quiet sometimes.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Celestine, down in southern Indiana. It has like 300 people. That should tell you all you need to know.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

No, pretty much all white folks there. The only way I was a minority was that I wanted to leave. Everyone supported me, so... I did.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I've always been good at studying... jeez, I'm such a nerd. But, yeah... that made me want to get a doctorate. It drove me to get scholarships, move to FC... pretty much everything.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

Nothing really traumatic.

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

My science teacher claimed that the moon had no gravity, and that the astronauts didn't float away because they had... get this... heavy boots. I know, right? Anyways, I started homeschool the next year. It allowed me more time to study on my own.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

I went joyriding, once in a tractor, I shoplifted, I tipped cows... I, uh... I brewed my own alcohol and sold it to other kids, trying to save for college. Looking back... I must have been a nightmare for my parents.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

The only real schooling I got was at home, from my parents or by myself. I loved homeschool, especially when it was just me.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

I don't have any... they were all burned in the dorm fire...

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

I decided to fight crime because I wanted some kicks, honestly. Sure, I like doing the right thing, but until now I always thought I wouldn't really be doing anything no one else could. My professor steered me onto this path. 

I'm... I'm also afraid that if I don't establish myself as a hero... people will see me as a monster...

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

I don't really give a reason. I try not to talk to civilians as Igneous, and if other heroes ask... well, I think the real reason would put them off.

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Not... really? 

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

Of course I do. I'm a rock creature. Can't exactly go repping that all day, can I?

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

I know what would happen. People would hunt me, like f***ing Big-Foot or a chupa-whatever. So yeah... I'd go pretty far.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Pfft... pretty sure I answered this in the "stupid things when you were younger" question. It isn't public, and I wasn't even charged or written up over anything. Due to varying amounts of not getting caught and cops letting me off easy. Small town, and all.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Loraine and Cliff.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yup.

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Their standing was pretty much the same as everyone else's. Respectable, well-liked... they own a diner.

Where are your parents now?

Still in Celestine.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

Always Celestine.

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Well, I was a little nightmare as a kid, so...

We get along great now. Especially since I paid my way into college.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

They think I'm just a studious girl. If they knew I was Igneous... I don't want to think about that...

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

None.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

I keep in touch with Mom and Dad. I call them at least twice a week, usually more.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

No. But I do feel like my dad understands me a little better. My mom was really against my coming to FCU, it being so far away and all. He came through for me and convinced her to let me go.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Maybe since I gave a tidbit about Dad, I'll tell one about Mom, too. She's the one who taught me how to get out of trouble with the police. That information... ohh, I've put it to use. Thanks Mom.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

Me. I went to college.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Nope. Every ancestor gets a little spot in the limelight... within our family only, of course. We have picture dating back to the invention of the camera, let me tell you. And every single one of them is a small town farmer or Rural King cashier or something like that.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

I didn't date much while I was in college. Not much time to. So no, I don't. No children, no boyfriend.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I would like to get a boyfriend, but I don't think that's a good idea. Just with this whole hero business, and university, I definitely don't have time right now. Also, I... uh... I might have lost my chance at the whole... you know? AGGHH! I can't have sex! I might burn his junk!

Anyways... yeah... I don't think I can have kids, either. Can't have a baby in the oven when it's a literal oven, yeah? Yeah... I would have liked to, but...

Can we not talk about this anymore, please?

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

...Fireproof. 

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Yeah, I've made a few friends. Let's see... there's Davin. He's the cool, aloof type of student, you know? Olivia, quirky, cute, really smart, but shy until you get to know her. Of all the people I've met through classes, those two are the ones I'm closest to. I'm close to my roommate, Ange. I met Andrew and Sydney and Adam in the cafeteria, we play board games every now and then, and then there are the guys from the market, and the coffee shop...

Ahem... sorry. I like people.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

Doctor Christopher Sallai. He's my professor. He's been looking out for me ever since I was an undergrad, really. And now, he's the only one who knows I'm Igneous. He was a huge help, and a real comfort when all that chaos around the accident and the transformation was happening.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

I'd like to think a lot of people would. My parents, my friends, Dr. Sallai... 

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

No, not really. I've never dated longer than a week. Guys before college bored me, and I haven't had time during college.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

Just those idiots who keep try to videotape Igneous as "The Wharton Forest Monster" or whatever.

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Hahahaha... they're harmless. They'll keep doing what they do, running into the woods, blindly looking for me.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

I had a stalker once who tied hitting me. I kicked the crap out of him, the piece of-

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

Uh... I didn't realize I needed a hierarchy?

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

Dr. Sallai. He's helped me through a lot of crazy s***.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Those idiots at university on their parents' dime that don't care, don't study, and just party. Such a waste...

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

A sense of humor, determination, intelligence. I'd say that I absolutely possess these.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Willful ignorance, laziness, possessiveness. And no, I'm none of those.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

Igneous is my secret, I guess you could call him an identity. I hide it from everyone except Dr. Sallai. He's the only one who understands, and anyone else would just call me a monster.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I work pretty well. I don't really care whether I lead or follow, but if I think things aren't getting done, I'll take charge.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

Not really, although maybe I'll join one...? Who knows.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I'm Catholic. I go to church on Sundays, spend some time at adoration chapels. I think once I've got my degree, I'll put more time into it.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Marie Curie, Leonardo DaVinci, Charles Lyell... Pythagoras?

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No, not really. The T-Rex was the biggest hero let-down of my childhood, and that's not really his fault... gentle nuzzler... come on...

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I like the rush, the thrill. 

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Switch sides? I sure hope not. Give it up? Definitely. If I can get rid of Igneous, go back to normal.

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Pass all my classes. Not die to some super-villain.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

I'd like to be a volcanologist. 

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

I'm afraid that Igneous and Micah will be connected, because then my life will be ruined. I won't get to be Micah anymore. When something triggers that fear... I go nuclear...

Is there anything you would give you life for?

I... I don't know. That's not bad... is it?

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

Sure, I desire it. I wouldn't, like, steal or hurt people for it. But all things being equal, not being poor is better than being poor. 

I'm not really a miser, I just don't by much. I share in the way a college student does... buying snacks and pizza for my friends every now and then.

How do you generally treat others?

I like to think I'm really friendly.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I'm pretty trusting, and that's gone all right for me so far.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Extroverted, absolutely. I've got plenty of confidence.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

I don't really think about that the first time I meet someone. I'm just not the "love at first sight" kind of gal, I guess, so I treat them like anyone else.

What are your most annoying habits?

I've been told I get in people's personal space when I talk to them. That's less of a problem now, because I don't want to overheat them with Igneous inside me, and all.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Not really... Nazis, I guess? Doesn't everyone, though?

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

I loooooove pancakes. For real, though. Can't get enough, I'll take any filling, be it chocolate, fruit, potatoes with onion and garlic... ooh, baby! And I eat kinda slow. I want to make sure I enjoy that sweet, sweet pancake-y goodness!

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Water's good. So's lemonade... or rum, whiskey, bourbon...

I don't really do a lot of fancy cocktail, or sodas.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Peanut butter and chocolate pancakes with whipped cream.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

I can't stand eggplant for some reason. It feels weird when I chew it.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I'm not six.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

I hate country. I hate it.

Rap is good. It's just... poetry, plain and simple. I like other genres too, classical to rock, but I always fall back on rap.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Pancakes.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Pancakes... wait, no, that doesn't work. Uhhh... quick... octopus! I like octopuses.

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

A necklace that my mom gave me. It's one of the few things I have from my parents that wasn't burned away in the dorm fire.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

I just need a computer, a roof and four walls, and basic environmental control. I'll sleep on a blanket on the floor if I need.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Mmmm... never thought about it, but I'd probably do just about anything if I needed to.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life? How important is it to you?

Very much so. My beliefs drove me to be the best person I could be. Only one life, and it's a gift, so I try to do the most I can with it.

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

There was a priest back home who understood why I hated school so much. He pushed me to be more than what other people expected.

If you belong to a religious organization, how often do you attend? Do you have a specific place of worship, or friends within the organization? How much do you agree with the beliefs of your organization?

At least once a week, I go to the same church every time. I've got a few friends there, people that go to the same mass. Sometimes we even go get brunch together after. I agree with the beliefs pretty closely... nothing sticks out as being a point of contention.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I have never, ever killed, although I once kicked a pervert's head so far up his own... ahem... sorry.

Could I? I sure hope not. Problem is, Igneous makes it real easy for me to. That scares me.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

Murder is wrong, and there are very, very few circumstances where there isn't a non-lethal way to avoid death. Granted, sometimes it is unavoidable... but I think a lot of people give up on non-lethal methods a little too quickly.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Absolutely. If someone's life is in danger, and they can't run, no other option... then self-defense is permissible.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I'd probably flip out. And yeah, I'd flip out more if it was a friend.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I'd be upset, but... stuff is stuff. It can get replaced.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Eeesh... not well. I like having friends, and I really like knowing people like me.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

It's never happened, and I hope it never does. I'd probably hunt down the killer and... well, I hope it doesn't happen.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Murder. No one can recover from death. 

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

I'd write a book, from scratch, and leave a note for Dr. Sallai to find. Each chapter would be one hour, and it'd all be pretty much unedited, whatever I wanted to write about my life, as Micah, as Igneous. I figure it'd be pretty good, interesting and unique at least, and it'd probably set my parents up well. In the book, I could address all the final words I want to say to my friends and family. I'd hate to just... sit there, waste it, you know?

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

No training, whatsoever. I'm looking into getting some martial arts training, or something.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

As usual, I'm self-taught.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

Yeah, and I got them all from Igneous... oh, you mean mundane skills? I used to work as a farmhand. I can operate farm equipment, look after cattle, stuff like that.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

I'm an assistant to Dr. Sallai. I plan to get a doctorate and acquire a job reflecting such.

What is your preferred combat style?

Redneck brawling. I go in aggressive, and overwhelm my opponents. I don't know enough to get fancier than that.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

Plenty. Science awards as a kid, academic honors, dean's list... that sort of stuff.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I want to gain more control with Igneous. He's a beast, and it's hard to reign in. I want to learn boxing, or something. I haven't encountered anything I couldn't do. Nothing is impossible to learn if you work hard enough.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

I'm a little jealous... but I try to emulate them. It's the best way to learn.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Normal days used to be waking up early, making pancakes, go to university, classes, work, lunch, more classes, more work, come home, dinner, unwind, sleep. I don't care if that gets interrupted, if anything it breaks the monotony. That was before the change, though. Now I have superheroics to deal with, getting in the way all the time.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

I have plenty of interests. All of them fields of study. My hobby is reading, watching documentaries.

What do you do for fun?

I study. Honestly, I'm just a huge nerd, nothing more.

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

No, no costume. Igneous comes with a handy "turn into a rock monster." He even looks masculine, and changes my voice, so no one can tell it's me. 

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Sweatshirt, sweatpants, tanktops... cheap clothes.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Same.

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

I wear the necklace from my mother, that I mentioned earlier. It's just a simple silver chain with a coin on it.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

Nope. Not many valuables to speak of.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Local, I use a bike or a bus. If it's not across the city, I can run. I don't really travel long-distance, so I don't know. Plane, I guess?

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

No, I probably should though. I used to think it was really far off, but now... I'm not so sure.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Jeez, grim much? Yeah, my body wouldn't be human. It'd be made of rock, mostly. I suppose that's unique enough.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Why so much talk about me dying?

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Yeah, not on purpose though. Igneous is really powerful. If I don't keep him in check, I could easily hurt someone.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

My determination.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Extreme cold, or maybe the threat of people close to me thinking I'm a monster. Perhaps even my temper.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Firstly, Micah, keep your head cool. You'll make a fantastic hero, just give it dedication and time, as long as you don't lose your temper and you plan ahead. Second, and you won't like this, but look into why you changed during the accident. It wasn't so random as you believe.

Edited by NotAHoneyBadger