Unspent PP: 2

n6718087_34791269_6279.jpg

Characters Name: NeuroLogic

Alternate Identity: Sara Cognid

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 122 lbs.

Hair: Brown

Eyes: Hazel

Description: NeuroLogic is a self made woman by any standard. She was put up for adoption by her parents as an infant, and was adopted at the age of 2 by the Cognids. Her childhood was not a happy one, her foster parents were abusive, but managed to conceal their cruelty from Child Services. Furthermore, she was frequently in trouble with authority, as she was a mild kleptomaniac. She did well in school, however, and earned a full scholarship to a prestigious university. While studying there, she became involved in Neurology research under one of her professors. It was her work which led to the breakthrough: a serum that acted on the axons of mice, speeding neural transmission and greatly enhancing problem solving capabilities. Her professor refused to give her credit for the discovery, saying she had a long career ahead of her, and many more opportunities, while this was HIS last shot at fame. So, she did what anyone with her combination of talents and proclivities would do. She stole the serum. Furthermore, curiosity got the better of her, and she tried a little herself. What happened next has been described in many ways, but her favorite is "Malign Hypercognition with accompanying Paranormal Manifestations." In other words, she became very smart, very amoral, and psionic. Her first step was to visit her professor. She compacted him into a soup can and launched him high into the air. She stopped by the dorm long enough to pick up a scarf, which she used to cover her face before stealing a truck and ripping out the wall of the local E-Sea Bank. The truck was found the next day, with no fingerprints or any clues as to who had stolen it. The Professor Harrington left behind a note for his wife, written in his own hand, that he had moved to Canada with his mistress. Of all the night's events, nobody could follow what had happened well enough to trace it back to Sara. The money used from her robbery went into a suit she designed to mesh with the psionic effects of the serum: it harnessed her powers into a force field, and gave her the power of flight. She continued in this pattern for the next year, committing super-powered crimes throughout New England, until she earned her bachelor's degree. Now, she is coming to Freedom City, hoping to hit the big time. She has no ambition of ruling the world, or taking over a company, or in fact ever taking responsibility for anything ever again, merely of having as much fun as she can stealing massive sums of money and lording it over the useless, driveling peons around her. Of course, if she can find and crush some of the idiot supers calling themselves heroes, she'll have an easier time of it. And who knows? They might be strong enough to be fun before they die.

Neurologic is a dangerous opponent, having both formidable mental powers and having studied Judo all three years of College. She is vicious, cruel, and psychotic, and can be counted on to try to do whatever it takes to stop her opponents. If that means threatening or killing innocent bystanders, so be it. If it means teaming up with another villain, she'll do it without blinking, but her ally should be careful he doesn't wind up with a knife in his back.

History:

Stats: 38pps

Str: 12 (+1)

Dex: 10 (+0)

Con: 10 (+0)

Int: 32 (+11)

Wis: 20 (+5)

Cha: 14 (+2)

Combat: 10pps

Attack: 0 (+6 melee)

Grapple: +7

Defense: +10 (+2 flat-footed)

Knockback: -5, -0 w/out force field

Initiative: +4

Saves: 4pps

Toughness: +6 (Imp 5), +5 (Imp 5) flat-footed; +1 w/out Force Field, +0 w/out FF and flat-footed

Fortitude: +2 (+0 Con, +2)

Reflex: +2 (+0 Dex, +2)

Will: +5 (+5 Wis, +0)

Skills: 16r=4pps

Craft (Chemical) 4 (+15)

Craft (Electronic) 4 (+15)

Knowledge (Life Sciences) 4 (+15)

Notice 4 (+9)

Feats: 28pps

Accurate Attack

Attack Focus 6 (Melee)

Benefit 3 (Wealth 3 [+20/Wealthy total])

Defensive Attack

Defensive Roll 1

Dodge Focus 5

Eidetic Memory

Improved Disarm

Improved Grab

Improved Initiative

Improved Pin

Improved Trip

Improvised Tools

Inventor

Jack of all Trades

Master Plan

Stunning Attack

Powers: 66pps

Device 4 (Psy-Suit, Hard to Lose; PF: Restricted/must have telekinesis) 17 pps

Quickness 6 (x100; Flaw: Mental only) 3 pp

Super Senses 5 (danger sense [mental], spatial awareness [accurate radius ranged mental sense]) 5 pp

Telekinesis 10 (Extras: Damaging, Perception; PF: Precise) 41 pps

Device: Psy-Suit

Flight 5 (250 mph) 10 pps

Force Field 5 (Extra: Impervious) 10 pps

Drawbacks:

None

DC Block:

ATTACKS --- SAVE DC --- DAMAGE TYPE:

Telekinesis --- 25/Toughness --- Lethal Damage

Unarmed Strike --- 16/Toughness -- Nonlethal Damage

Costs: Abilities (38) + Combat (10) + Saves (04) + Skills (04) + Feats (28) + Powers (66) - Drawbacks (00) = Total Cost 150

She sounds like a real nice person to be around. :)

However, you're a bit off in certain areas. This:

Saves:

Toughness: 10 (5 impervious)

Fortitude: +2

Reflex: +2

Will: +5

Is wrong. According to your stat block at the bottom, you haven't added any points. This means your Fort and Reflex saves would be both be +0. They are based off of CON and DEX, respectively, and you haven't put any points in either.

I'm also a bit worried about your low attack and defense. Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I'd strongly suggest bringing both up to within two points of caps.

Sorry about the saves, the points for that came from dropping the charisma. I'm fixing that now. As for the attack: I don't see why I really need it. My most damaging ability is perception range. If I'm actually reduced to using my combat skills I'm dead, which is why I figured a +6 melee was good enough. As for the defense, I've seen a few anti-Dodge Focus posts, and I was worried boosting that might fly. That's why I put the points in defensive roll. I'm switching it back now.

As for the attack: I don't see why I really need it. My most damaging ability is perception range.

Right, forgot about that, sorry. :oops:

Anyway, I am a bit worried about your saves being a bit low. If you're okay with that, I can live with it, though.

What's this "Judo Set" thing about? Is that the listing of martial feats from the Mastermind's Manual? If it is, could you list them all individually?

Also, please list your Device separately from your other powers. (Slightly below your powers would be fine.) It's tough to tell what is part of it and what is not, that's the only problem I have with it.

Done and done. I know she's sort of a glass cannon, but part of her gig is that she swoops in, crushes opposition (preferably without giving them a chance to even know she's there) and makes off with the goods. She plans meticulously so she doesn't need to let people realize her weak spots, much less exploit them.

Alright, I've listed the super senses under Super Senses, but is blindsight really expressed as what you put? Is that an ultimate power thing? I also realized I forgot to decrease toughness when I decreased defensive roll. That is now fixed.

Alright, I've listed the super senses under Super Senses, but is blindsight really expressed as what you put? Is that an ultimate power thing?

Essentially, yes.

The core book says Blindsight is a 4 rank Super-Sense, and explicity says that it is Accurate but not Acute (accurate enough to use it as a targeting sense/to know if something's in front of you, but not acute enough to discern colors). The "Sense Types" section at the beginning of the Powers chapter also gives some examples of blindsight: sonar (auditory sense), radar (radio sense), and mental and tactile versions of it.

Ultimate Power goes into a bit more detail. It defines Radar as an Accurate Radius Ranged Radio Sense, Sonar as Accurate Ultrasonic Hearing (and Hearing Senses already have Ranged and Radius), Spatial Awareness as an Accurate Radius Ranged Mental Sense, and Tremorsense as an Accurate Ranged Tactile Sense (and Tactile Senses are already Radius).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...