Sgt Shark

20 Questions:
1.    Where is your hero from?
Dover, originally. That’s where I was born, anyway. I grew up by the coast. 

2.    How would your hero physically describe him/herself? Is this different from how others would?

Like a half man, half shark. Which is pretty accurate and how everybody else would describe me. 

3.    Does your hero have distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?
Grinning and showing lots of sharp pointy teeth. 

4.    What is your hero's motivation?
Protect the world from threats. Always been my job, still is. Underlying that is a need to push myself, be the best. 

5.    What are your hero's greatest strengths and weaknesses?
Anything in the water is my strength, alongside my extensive military experience and tactical know how. My biggest weakness is, well, looking like I am going to eat people. 

6.    What does your hero love? What does your hero hate?
I hate terrorists, and environment wreckers. I…guess I love the ocean?

7.    How would you describe your character's mental and emotional state?

Resilient and dedicated. 

8.    What does your hero fear the most?

Failure.

9.    What is your character's greatest ambition?

Nothing singular, but fame for bravery. 

10.    How does your hero feel about the state of the world and his/her place in it?

It’s a mess. And I aim to clean it up. 

11.    Does your hero have any prejudices? How does he/she get along with others?

Never liked religious extremists. I get along with people who are competent and respect me. Others, not so much. 

12.    Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

To the men and women of the armed forces. To England. To my sense of honour and duty. To my pride. 

13.    Does your hero have a lover or partner? How do they feel about the hero now?

No. Might be difficult these days…

14.    Does your hero have a family? What is the relationship there like?

No

15.    How would the people closest to your hero describe him or her?

Effective, brave, dedicated. 

16.    Is your hero a role model?

Yes, I represent grit and determination. 

17.    How spiritual is your hero? Does your hero follow a religious tradition?

Not at all. 

18.    Is your hero part of a team, or would he/she like to be? Why?

Yes, Vanguard. I prefer teamwork. Improved effectiveness and gives you a spirit. 

19.    How does your hero feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

Its fine. They are both threats, and solutions to threats.

20.    If you could give one piece of advice to your hero, what would it be?

I don’t need advice. 

Hell Q

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Half man, half shark, all killer.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

No

What is your full birth name?

Victor Tiberius Finn

Where do you live?

London, or the oceans.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

37 (1991)

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Male

How would you describe your heritage?

Caucasian

How tall are you?

6’1”

What is your body type?

Muscular, squat, shark.

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

My skin gets dry and cracked if it is not wet. Painful, and even dangerous.

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

Like a panther on the prowl, king of the jungle.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Grey blue, black, and none.

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

No!

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

Not any more. I heal real smooth.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

No!

Do you have a dominant hand?

RIght

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Bathing trunks

Do you wear makeup?

No

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Deep and it sounds a bit like a growl or a hiss.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms? Where did they come from, and what causes them? Do other people notice and remark on these habits? Do they annoy you or other people?

I have a grin that is very wide and shows lots of pointy teeth. People don’t mention it as it looks scary!

History

Where do you come from?

Dover, England.

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

Yes, I went to boarding school as a kid. And then I studied Marine Biology at Brighton. Then, I moved around a lot in the army.

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Very loyal, and patriotic. I have more neutral feelings towards the government.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

I am fond of it, but not tied to it.

Where is your home town? What was/is it like?

Its rather run down these days. But it’s a nice coastal town with a great view and the famous cliffs!

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

A bit of both. My family was fairly well off, but not rich. I went to private school. I was pretty similar to most of the kids there, except I was more athletic.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

Soldiering, I am very good at. Made a career out of it. I’m tone deaf, however.

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

No

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Joining the cadets. I loved it straight away.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Honestly, I was fairly well behaved.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Kent

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

An arm plaster cast from when I broke it rock climbing aged 14.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

From childhood. I think my parents influenced me, of course. But I was always driven to exceed my limitations.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

No

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

Some of my military work was unsavoury and secret, but immoral would be a debate.

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

I am reserved, but I don’t misrepresent myself.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

No

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

James Finn and Cressida Finn.

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

My father was a soldier in the army for a while and then went into private security. My mother was a physiotherapist.

Where are your parents now?

Both dead. My father went down in a plane crash when I was twenty five. My mother died of pancreatic cancer three years ago.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

My father worked all around the world, although mainly in Europe and the Middle East. My mother stayed in England.

How did you get along with their parents?

Very well, for the most part. My father was a bit stiff, but I admired him.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

With pride.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

Lisa Drake, who is married to Harriet Drake. They are both doctors and took a new surname. Lisa is a successful cardiac surgeon, Harriet is also a successful paediatrician. We have different lives now, and have grown somewhat apart, but we still see each other infrequently and get on well enough.

What was your birth order in the family?

Second. Lisa is two years older.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Lisa and Harriet live in Oxford, and do not have children.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

We stay in touch.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

No.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

No.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

No.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Not that we know of.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No.

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

I don’t think I can, and I am not that bothered.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

A half shark mutant?

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Close friends, not so much. A few war time buddies. But I am solitary by nature.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

No.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My sister, the government. My team.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

I have never had a long term relationship. Kind of hard to in the army doing what I did. Not that I haven’t had relationships, its just then never endured the strain.

Do you have any bitter enemies? If so, please describe them and their history with you.

No

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

Shot me. But that’s part of the job.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

My duty is to my country and my job.

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

The people that I work with. Because, at the end of the day, I have to.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Traitors.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

Determination, courage, honesty. Yes, I have those qualities.

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Dishonesty, obviously. But a kind of spineless apathy is pretty nauseating.

Do you have a secret identity? If so, who knows it? Do you hide it from people who are close to you? Why?

No. I cant the way I look.

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

In teams. Teamwork is the key to any mission. I can lead, or follow.

Are you on a super team? If so, how do you get along with your comrades? Do you trust them, or do you have secrets from them?

I have just joined Vanguard. Its too early to say what my assessment is of them, but I trust them.

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

No, except for a military Vet charity and Invicta Games.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

Some war heroes I work with, or have worked with. Men I have actually met.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No.

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

I like stretching myself. I think that’s part of being a hero. I am not sure that I like being a hero just for being a hero.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

I wont work for another country, outside the United Kingdom and her allies. I guess if the country needed a coup or something…

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

The same.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Set up an aquatic strike force and response team. And lead it.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Failure. It drives me to succeed!

Is there anything you would give you life for?

My country.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

You need it, its nice, but I don’t feel it is a mark of a man, or a idol to be worshipped.

How do you generally treat others?

Fairly but firmly.

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

That’s a complicated question. I trust the people I work with as I have to. But you always keep an open mind…

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Neither introverted or extroverted. Just focussed. And full of self-confidence.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

I grin at them. Its not on my menu these days.

What are your most annoying habits?

My diet of raw fish.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

Cowards and traitors. If you don’t have some sense of duty and code of honour, you are a waste of oxygen.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Raw fish.

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Whiskey.

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

I don’t eat desert these days. Hardly ever have. Bad for your health and your teeth.

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

No.

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

I don’t see colors too well now. So I don’t really have one I like or dislike.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

Classic Geman Opera. I cant stand American Country music. Or folk music. Weak and insipid.

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

Blood.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Sharks!

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

I try not to hold onto material possessions. My most treasured possessions are my memories.

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

Roughing it.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

Torture.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

No

Could you kill? Have you killed?

Yes and yes.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

Because in war, its necessary.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

In a military action, or in self defence.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

I would just get on with the job and worry about the ramifications afterwards.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I’d track it down if I could do so with some chance of success. But I wouldn’t waste energy, mental physical or emotional on the task.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Grin and bear it. And reverse it.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I would be sad but move on.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Treachery. It kills a country. A people.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Swim and eat.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Yes, I was in the Special Boat Service for many years and am very well trained in a multitude of skills.

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

I can’t say. I had several instructors in the special forces but I can’t pick out one.

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

I have degrees in oceanology and marine biology which I suppose are unusual. Both from Brighton University.

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

No.

What is your preferred combat style?

Effective over anything else! I have some martial art training but not in a specific style. It is essentially military mixed martial arts – striking, grappling. When facing dangerous foes I can use tooth and claw too, but that is dangerous and even deadly.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

Yes, military medals.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I would always like to increase my tactical and military experience. There is nothing I can’t do that I desperately want to learn.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

Learn, always learn.

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

Get up, have a swim. I eat four or five times a day and I like a coffee or two in the morning. I usually exercise too in the morning. My day job is pretty much irregular, I can’t say there is a normal routine there, but if nothing is going on then I usually train. In the evening I like to relax, maybe a drink, maybe meet some military friends, but often just relaxing at home.

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Not really. I like going to the theatre and Opera, but I am not musical myself, or much of an actor.

What do you do for fun?

Nothing specific. Exercise is fun!

Do you have a costume? What does it look like?

A pair of swimming shorts.

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

The same! I have been known to wear black tie or military fatigues.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Nothing

Do you wear any special jewelry? What is it, and what does it look like?

No

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

I don’t have any particular valuables, so no.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Swimming, if I can. If not, helicopter or plane.

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

Yes. I will give half to my sister, half to military charities. Invicta.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

Well, its pretty unique, so I would hope so!

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

He served with honour, bravery, and integrity. And was as tough as nails.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Yes, I could be, if that was the job. I hope it never is.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

I think it is a blend of physical strength applied tactically.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

I could be cold hearted. Or seen as cold hearted.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

Maximum effort. Be the best, soldier! Be better than the best!

Edited by Supercape