We may have a small problem

Geez3r

In effort to better himself in combat, Malice has been building some combat droids for use in a combat simulator (which is still under construction). Malice has yet to bring the droids online because he yet to fully complete their programing. But as luck would have it, Malice wouldn't have to bring the droids online, an unexpected power surge would do that for him. With only a portion of their programing online, the droids scattered to the winds fulfilling whatever portion of their program was online. So now, there's a dozen or so droids running rampant throughout the city with barley functional programing generally just causing mayhem and destruction.

Malice is trying to round up the droids because they represent a significant amount of work and resources, and there is the possibility that they could be traced back to him, which would not make for nice conversation with the authorities.

Heroes are doing their standard hero thing of protecting the public, and quite possibly giving Malice a "stern talking to" for releasing such things, in the likely event they figure out Malice is behind it.

More technologically minded heroes and villians might want to get their hands on the droids to study the technology or to use for raw materials.

Other villians might have been in the middle of a heist or some such and were on the verge of making off with their ill gotten goods only to be interupted by one of the haywire droids, and now seek revenge on their creator.

So Dr. A, how would you like to handle the game? We could get a ref like normal, or do this ourselves. We each play our own characters as normal, but in addition, also play the droids that the other player is fighting. Though there could be a few problems associated with that.

I also made a few droids to fight, but we could also use just about any robot from any of the books. I was thinking we could also use the Myrmidons stats on pg 162 of the FC book as well.

Bruiser v1 -- PL 7

Str: 22 (+6)

Dex: 12 (+1)

Con: --

Int: --

Wis: 12 (+1)

Cha: --

Attack +5

Defense +5

Initiative: +1

Grapple: +11

Toughness: +7

Fortitude: --

Reflex: +4

Will: --

Notice 4 (+5)

Immunity 30 (Fortitude), Protection 2, Strike 1 PF: Mighty, Flight 2

Spider-bot v1 PL6

Str: 20 (+5)

Dex: 22 (+6)

Attack +7

Defense +7

Initiative: +6

Grapple: +13

Toughness: +5

Reflex: +7

Acrobatics 4 (+10), Climb 5 (+10), Notice 4 (+5)

Immunity 30 (Fortitude), Protection 2, Super-Movement (Wall Crawling 2), Snare 5, Additional Limbs 3 (4 more legs), Super-Senses (Tremor sense), Speed 1

Tank-bot v1 PL8

Str: 30 (+10)

Dex: 8 (-1)

Attack +6

Defense +6

Initiative: -1

Grapple: +16

Toughness: +10

Reflex: +0

Notice 4 (+5)

Immunity 30 (Fortitude), Protection 2, Impervious 7, Blast 10 AP: Blast 10 (Burst area, full round action), Super-Movement 2 (Sure footed 2), Immovable 2 Extra: Unstoppable, Speed 2

Still recruiting.

It probably won't be obvious that the bots belong to Malice unless you have a good eye for technology and can see the similarities that Malice's battlesuit has with the droids, or you deduce that Malice at least considers these droids important because he seems to actively try and gather them up trying to cause only minor damage to them.

• 1 month later...

OK. So far we've got myself (PL 11), Quark (PL 6), Dr. A (PL 11), and Neurologic (PL 10). Two heroes, 2 villains. I'm thinking if we do this, Quark will just so happen to stumble upon some of the weaker droids.

I'll give anyone else a few days to toss their hats in the ring before sending in a request for a ref.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Sure I'll give it a shot.

EDIT: Kavos and Sand have expressed interest in this in chat.

General plot synopsis: There appears to be a mini-robot war being waged in Freedom City. The battles started small but are steadily increasing in scale in a veritable arms race. It's up to the heroes to discover who's behind this and put a stop to the battles before more harm is done.