A systematic problem

Toptomcat

Captian..crap?... :lol::lol::lol: are you s***ing me? :mrgreen: way to go for thinking outta the box though.

kinda reminds me of one really low level thug villian my group had going around "spiting" acid,

not really lethal, but pretty nasty..thankfully his abilities were'nt anywhere close to city stopping scale..andit was an iron age setting to..

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Captian..crap?... :lol::lol::lol: are you s***ing me? :mrgreen: way to go for thinking outta the box though.

kinda reminds me of one really low level thug villian my group had going around "spiting" acid,

not really lethal, but pretty nasty..thankfully his abilities were'nt anywhere close to city stopping scale..andit was an iron age setting to..

Yes there are more heroes than villains at the moment, but the problem can work both ways. Look what happened in the Southside thread, Herifeld was trying to start something for his PL 6 hero, hoping Ref would give him something to do and TWO PL 10 villains show up in the thread. Just because a villain (or hero) steps out the door and decides to do something does not mean other players should just jump into the thread in great numbers (or at all).

It should be completely possible for a villain to go pull off some crime and only have to deal with Ref controlled police (and maybe an NPC hero). Just as heroes should be able to go out and face Ref controlled NPC thugs and villains.

I personally am not a big fan of PvP, and plan be not be involved in it too much.

Yes there are more heroes than villains at the moment, but the problem can work both ways. Look what happened in the Southside thread, Herifeld was trying to start something for his PL 6 hero, hoping Ref would give him something to do and TWO PL 10 villains show up in the thread. Just because a villain (or hero) steps out the door and decides to do something does not mean other players should just jump into the thread in great numbers (or at all).

It should be completely possible for a villain to go pull off some crime and only have to deal with Ref controlled police (and maybe an NPC hero). Just as heroes should be able to go out and face Ref controlled NPC thugs and villains.

I personally am not a big fan of PvP, and plan be not be involved in it too much.

In my defense, I had planned to set up shop in Southside whether or not anyone was there. It was Damien that hoped to engage in some naughtyness, but I believe that was more directed towards Nanowire than Kevin. It wasn't like we both hopped out of the shadows and started pummeling the poor guy, y'know. ;)

This is true..I actually forgot that kevin was only pl 6 anyways.. :P

In my defense, I had planned to set up shop in Southside whether or not anyone was there. It was Damien that hoped to engage in some naughtyness, but I believe that was more directed towards Nanowire than Kevin. It wasn't like we both hopped out of the shadows and started pummeling the poor guy, y'know. ;)

I am not really trying to blame either you are Zero VM.

But, Southside is a big place, with everyone popping into the same thread, it seems to indicate that paths will cross and that there is an expectation that paths will cross (at least on some parts). Of course, part of this might be that the thread was started before there were subboards which would allow for multiple threads within "Southside".

But, Southside is a big place, with everyone popping into the same thread, it seems to indicate that paths will cross and that there is an expectation that paths will cross (at least on some parts). Of course, part of this might be that the thread was started before there were subboards which would allow for multiple threads within "Southside".

Well, there's Southside, the neighborhood, and the southside of Freedom City. In either case, I meant to go exactly where I did. Higher crime rate, abandonded buildings, etc - I figured I could get out of the area without being detected, as I never really meant to get into a fight. You are correct, however. If multiple people start posting in a tread, there is the expectation of crossover. The thing is, like Barnum pointed out, no one is required to go into a PvP battle. In-post, Herifel specifically said he hadn't heard Nanowire's decent. I was willing to let it go at that, seeing as how he wasn't out for a fight anyway.

In any case, we're debating over something that neither of us, or anybody really, is at fault for. The fight in Southside looks to be wrapping up, and we'll each go our separate ways.

Well, there's Southside, the neighborhood, and the southside of Freedom City. In either case, I meant to go exactly where I did. Higher crime rate, abandonded buildings, etc - I figured I could get out of the area without being detected, as I never really meant to get into a fight. You are correct, however. If multiple people start posting in a tread, there is the expectation of crossover. The thing is, like Barnum pointed out, no one is required to go into a PvP battle. In-post, Herifel specifically said he hadn't heard Nanowire's decent. I was willing to let it go at that, seeing as how he wasn't out for a fight anyway.

In any case, we're debating over something that neither of us, or anybody really, is at fault for. The fight in Southside looks to be wrapping up, and we'll each go our separate ways.

• 4 weeks later...