Snakebite

Interview with Royer the Voyeur…

1.       Where are you from?

Canterbury, England

2.       How would you physically describe yourself?

Fairly tall, redhead, sun kissed.

3.       Does you have any distinguishing speech characteristics or recurring mannerisms?

I have a good old upper class English accent, speaking the Queen’s English!

4.       What’s your motivation?

Save the world a bit. And have adventures!

5.       What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?

My knowledge and academic background, my experience, and sense of adventure are my greatest strength. My greatest weaknesses is the Crow curse, magnified by that same sense of adventure!

6.       What do you love? What do you hate?

England and South America I love. And I have a passion for art and antiquities. I don’t hate much, perhaps ignorance.

7.       How would you describe your mental and emotional state?

Fairly solid, a bit feisty at times. However, the second sight can make me quite crazy!

8.       What do you fear the most?

The things I see beyond this world!

9.       What is your greatest ambition?

To discover the lost cities of Gold!

10.   How does you feel about the state of the world and your place in it?

It depends where you are in the world. There are some areas that are simply terrible, ravaged by war and corruption. But I think I am positive about the state of the world in general. My place in it is like everyone else’s, to make it a little bit better.

11.   Do you have any prejudices? How do you get along with others?

I don’t. If history has taught me anything its to accept lots of different cultures. I generally get on fine with most people.

12.   Where do your heroes loyalties lie? In what order?

I have a patriotic streak, but more than that I have a loyalty to the British Museum and all the people that work there. In fact, I am loyal to Museums and Universities all over the world!

13.   Do you have a lover or partner?

No

14.   Do you have a family? What is the relationship there like?

I have an extended family and many distant relatives. The relationship is mixed. It tends to be respectful and there is some loyalty to the family, but we are a mixed bag of feisty people, so there is always some friction.

15.   How would the people closest to you describe you?

Feisty, bold, adventurous.

16.   Are you a role model?

I think so. To get out there and explore the world!

17.   How spiritual are you?

I am technically Church of England but I am not practicing. I think quite deeply about existential issues but I do not believe in an omnipotent, benevolent God.

18.   Are you part of a team, or you like to be? Why?

No, and I have mixed feelings about that. I like companionship, and the bonds of friendship. But on the other hand I don’t want to be tied down. Perhaps a loose affiliation of like minded people would suit me better.

19.   How do you feel about the place of metahumans and aliens on Earth?

Potentially dangerous. They do need to be monitored and observed, like anything that powerful.

20.   If you could give one piece of advice to yourself, what would it be?

Better a day as a lion than a lifetime as a lamb. 

HellQ

Introduction

Who are you? Sum yourself up in one sentence.

Archaeologist with a little touch of snake.

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or nom de plume?

“Cassie”, sort for Casandra.

What is your full birth name?

Cassandra Crow

Where do you live?

London and Canterbury, United Kingdom.

How old are you? What year were you born (if applicable)?

25, Born in 1993

Physical Traits

What is your gender? If not applicable, please explain.

Female

How would you describe your heritage?

A long and historical line of Englishmen and women!

How tall are you?

5’9”

What is your body type?

Athletic

Do you have any particular weaknesses, such as allergies or physical disabilities?

No

How do you carry yourself? Are you graceful, or heavy on your feet? Can you be stealthy, do you walk with confidence?

Graceful, athletic, and stealthy if I need to be.

Describe your skin, eye, and hair color.

Skin is usually a sunkissed brown, eye colour is green, and hair is a reddish brown.

How do you wear your hair, if applicable? Do you have facial hair?

Long and loose, but it can vary!

Do you consider yourself attractive? Do others?

Yes and yes!

Do you have any scars, tattoos, piercings, or birthmarks?

I have a couple of scars on my back, my knee, and my shoulder from various mishaps.

Do you resemble anyone famous?

No

Do you have a dominant hand?

Right

What kind of clothing do you wear?

Jacket, boots, pants. The kind of clothes you would go out walking in.

Do you wear makeup?

A little, but not much.

What is your vocal range? Is your voice distinctive in some way?

Its slightly low for a woman. But otherwise unremarkable.

Do you have any distinctive habits, nervous tics, or mannerisms?

No

History

Where do you come from?

Canterbury, England

Have you made any major moves, or do you live in your hometown?

I have lived abroad for several months at a time, primarily in South America. But I am not sure I have moved there….

Do you feel loyal to your country of citizenship? Do you consider yourself patriotic? How do you feel about the government of your country?

Yes, I do. The government has its problems of course, but it is a fine democracy.

How do you feel about the place you come from?

It is old and noble.

Where is your home town? What is it like?

London and Canterbury I suppose. London is vast and varied. Canterbury is a beautiful old town.

Growing up, were most of the people you knew similar to you, or were you somehow a minority? How did that affect you?

Well I come from a rich family so that was unusual, but I went to private school so many of the students there were rich.

Is there something you've always been really good at or really bad at? How has that affected your life?

I have always been good at exploring, even as a child! I can’t sing. Tone deaf!

Were there any traumatic experiences in your early years (death of a family member, abandonment, orphaned at an early age)?

No

Briefly describe a defining moment in your childhood and how it influenced your life.

Picking up my first history book at school.

What stupid things did you do when you were younger?

Ran away exploring.

Where did you go to school? How much school did you have, and did you enjoy it?

Canterbury girls school. By and large, I loved it.

Do you have any mementos of your childhood? What are they, and why did you keep them? If you have none, why not?

Some, like old photographs. I keep them in my work desk in my study.

When did you decide to become a hero? Why? Did anyone influence you one way or another in the decision?

It is just an extension of my life growing up. To get out, see the world, discover, and explore.

Is the reason you give people for becoming a hero different than your real reason? If so, why?

No

Do you have any deep, dark secrets in the past that may come back to haunt you?

My family have a number of them stretching back a few centuries, to do with witchcraft and curses. It is difficult to say what is myth, legend, or truth however…

Do you represent yourself as being different from who you really are? Why?

No. Honesty is the best policy. Except for having snake blood, of course. Best keep that a secret…

If you do have these secrets, what do you fear would happen if the truth became known? How far would you go to protect those secrets?

Honestly, not much. Maybe a few insane cultists knocking at my door. I don’t go spreading thes secret, but if it comes out it comes out.

Do you have any sort of criminal record? If so, is it public knowledge?

Not as an adult. A few minor infractions as a child.

Family

What are your biological parents' names?

Diana Crow (Mother), Henry Rib (Father). I took my mother’s surname – family tradition!

Were you raised by them? If not, please explain and describe who raised you.

Yes

What was their standing in the community? What did/do they do for a living?

Respected, bar the floating legends and myths about the Crow family.

Where are your parents now?

My father died of cancer three years ago. My mother is alive and lectures in Anthropology in London.

Did your family stay in one area or move around a lot?

A bit of both. We have generally stayed around the South East of England and London, but the Crow  family have a lot of estates…

How did you get along with their parents? How do you get along with them now (if applicable).

Very well. I miss my father, who was really encouraging. I love my mother too but she was a bit more serious and stuck in her work.

How do your parents view you now, or how would they?

With great pride, I think.

Do you have any siblings? If so how many and what are their names? Describe your relationship with them.

Yes, Amanda Crow, who is a mountaineer. We don’t see much of each other but we are pretty similar. I think we do different things to stop getting envious and jealous.

What was your birth order in the family?

Second.

Where are your siblings now (if applicable)? Do they have families of their own? What do they do?

Amanda is all over the world. She has no family.

Do you stay in touch with them or have you become estranged?

I stay in touch but not so regularly.

Do you love or hate one member of the family in particular?

I don’t think I do.

Is any member of the family special to you in any way (perhaps, as a confidant, mentor, or arch-rival)?

Vera Crow, my maternal grandmother, is a wicked old lady I love very much as a confidant.

Are there any black (or white) sheep in the family (including you)? If so, please explain.

Not alive.

Do you have a notorious or celebrated ancestor? If so, please explain, including how it has affected your life.

Winchester Crow, from the 18th Century, was hung from the neck for murder. He was apparently engaged in human sacrifice to some Roman snake God.

Do you have a partner and children currently? If so, please describe them.

No

If you do not have a partner or children, do you want them someday? How firm are you in your opinion on this, and what might change your mind?

Possibly, although the Crow family have plenty of problems.

What type of person would be your ideal mate?

Someone who would let me be free. Not hold me back?

Relationships

Do you have any close friends? If so, please describe them, and how you came to be close to them.

Selena Slate, who lives down in the British Museum and works tirelessly to preserve and catalogue the obscurities that belong there. She is a recluse but over the years we have become close. Jimmy Jones, who is the only pilot crazy enough to fly to some of the places I want to go.

Do you have a best friend? If so, how did they become your best friend? How close are you to your best friend?

No, not best.

If you were to go missing, who would worry about you?

My family, Selena. Jimmy would be too drunk to notice probably.

Have you lost any loves? If so, how did it happen, and what did you do?

I have had loves, but somehow they never really pulled at might heart strings.

Do you have any bitter enemies?

No

If you have enemies, how do you think they might attempt to work against you in the future?

Curses and hexes.

What is the worst thing someone has done to you?

I had my head shaved by some bullies at school when I was eleven.

Where do your loyalties lie? In what order?

I have a patriotic streak, but more than that I have a loyalty to the British Museum and all the people that work there. In fact, I am loyal to Museums and Universities all over the world!

Who or what do you trust the most? Why?

I trust the law, at least English law. Always seemed fair to me.

Who or what do you despise? Why?

Thieves. I think its because stealing something personal from someone is a real scar. Its callous and selfish.

What qualities do you admire most in other people? Are these qualities you possess?

A spirit of adventure, like me!

What qualities do you hate most in other people? Do you have any of those qualities?

Rigidity and inflexibility. I don’t think I have those qualities in general, but I suppose everyone has them to a degree.

Do you have a secret identity?

No

Do you work well on teams and in groups? Are you a leader or a follower?

I tend to lead, but I really don’t do either much.

Are you on a super team?

No

Are you a member of any church, fraternal organization, club, committee, political party, or other group? How much time do you spend on that?

I am on the board of the British Museum as honorary Curator which takes some considerable amount of time. I am involved to a lesser extent in other academic institutions and organisations like the historical society.

Personality & Beliefs

Who are your heroes?

The great explorers, like Armstrong, Anderson and Livingstone.

Did you ever become disillusioned with former heroes or idols? If so, why and what were the circumstances?

No

Do you like being a hero? If so, what is the most rewarding part? If not, what makes you keep doing it?

Yes, because I get to see the world and all its intricacies.

Is there anything that would make you give up hero work, or even switch sides?

Switch sides, no (although I think things are more complicated that just sides). When I get old and slow down, then Ill slowly give up!

What are your short term goals (what would you like to be doing within a year)?

Find the Lost Lemurian Cities of South America.

What are your long term goals (what would you like to be doing twenty years from now)?

Explore every square yard of the world.

What is your greatest fear? Why? What do you do when something triggers this fear?

Being taken over by the Lemurian heritage. Becoming inhuman. Its an existential fear, there all the time.

Is there anything you would give you life for?

Not that I can think of, but there would be dramatic and terrible circumstance where I would.

How do you feel about money and material wealth? Do you desire it or disdain it? Are you miserly with what you have, or do you like to share? Is it a mark of success, or a means to an end?

I like it, as it affords me opportunities. It is a means to an end, and I like to share.

How do you generally treat others?

With the respect they deserve. Which might be quite variable!

Are you a trusting person? Has your trust ever been abused?

I neither particularly trust nor particularly distrust.

Are you introverted (shy and withdrawn) or extroverted (outgoing)? Do you have a lot of self-confidence?

Fairly extrovert, although I don’t need company. I am reasonably self confident.

How do you act around attractive, available members of your preferred sex?

I just like to get to know them. Possibly very quickly if they are very attractive.

What are your most annoying habits?

Restlessness, not staying still.

Do you feel contempt for any general category of people? Who are they, and why?

No.

What is your favorite food? Do you prefer any particular type of food? Do you take the time to enjoy your food, or do you eat as fast as you can?

Nepalese cuisine is my favourite. I tend to eat too quickly! No manners!

What is your favorite drink (alcoholic or otherwise)?

Gin

What is your favorite treat (dessert)?

Ice cream

Are there any specific foodstuffs that you find disgusting or refuse to eat?

No! When you travel the world, you eat anything!

What is your favorite color? Are there any colors you dislike?

Bronze. I like any colour though.

What sort of music do you like? Is there any that you hate?

Latin

If you have a favorite scent, what is it?

I like the smell of earth.

Do you have a favorite animal?

Monkeys!

What is your most treasured possession? Why?

My father’s hat. I can smell him on it!

Do you enjoy "roughing it", or do you prefer your creature comforts?

A bit of both, but I do love the great outdoors.

Is there a job or a task you would absolutely refuse to do?

I would actually hate to be a police officer. I think you would just see the worst of human life all the time.

Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? If so, how do your beliefs affect your life?How important is it to you?

Yes, I have an interest in philosophy and some Buddhist beliefs, although I do not practice it “religiously”!

Was your faith influenced or molded by anyone special?

No, just my travels.

Could you kill? Have you killed?

I could if need be, and I have – when I was attacked in Peru by some thugs, I fought back and accidentally killed one.

What circumstances led to you forming that conviction, or taking that action?

Desperation and accident.

Are there circumstances under which you believe it is permissible to kill? What are they?

Self defence, of course. Or protecting somebody else. There are a number of reasons it is permissible, but it is not something that should be done lightly.

How would you react to watching someone kill another person? Would your reaction be different if the killer was a friend or an enemy of yours?

It depends on their motivation. It always hurts, no matter what the situation.

How would you react if something important was stolen from you?

I would be furious and wish to extract revenge.

How would you react to public humiliation?

Walk away with my head held as high as possible.

How would you react if a good friend or relative were purposely or accidentally killed? Has it happened to you?

I would be very angry and seek retribution. It has not happened yet.

What do you consider to be the worst crime someone could commit and why?

Murder, for obvious reasons.

If your life were to end in 24 hours, what five things would you do in those remaining hours?

Drink, eat, have sex.

Career & Training

Do you have any special training in your hero skills? If so, where and how did you get it?

Hero skills? No. Other skills, yes!

Who taught you the most about your heroing abilities? What was your relationship with that person?

Myself!

Do you have any particularly unusual skills? How did you acquire them?

A PhD in South American History from London University

Do you do something besides hero work for a living? Have you ever done anything else, or do you plan to?

My family have enough wealth for me not worry about earning it. I do work, of sorts, for the British Museum. I have no plans to change.

What is your preferred combat style?

Straight up brawling.

Have you ever received any awards or honours?

Academic prizes at university.

What skill areas would you like most to improve in? Is there anything you can't do that you wish desperately you could?

I would like to continue to study and develop my academic skills, but equally I would like to do that as much by practical experience as reading books.

How do you act around people who are more skilled than you in areas you'd like to improve? Are you jealous, or do you try and learn?

A bit of both!

Lifestyle & Hobbies

What is a normal day for you? How do you feel when something interrupts this routine?

I don’t have a normal day. It varies so much!

Do you have any hobbies, or interests outside hero work? What are they, and where did you pick them up?

Horse riding, dancing and wine tasting. I picked the first two up growing up at the family home. I picked up wine tasting whilst staying in France in the summer of 2012.

What do you do for fun?

Camping and hiking and climbing if outdoors. In the city, a club!

Do you have a costume?

No

How do you normally dress when not in costume?

Depends on the situation, but usually a shirt, jeans, robust boots.

What do you wear to bed most nights?

Depends where I am! At home, just a t shirt normally.

Do you wear any special jewelry?

No. I hardly wear any jewelry normally.

Do you have a special place where you keep your valuables?

I don’t have that many valuables, but those that I do, I keep in a little wooden box at my home.

What's your preferred means of local travel? How about long distance?

Nothing beats flying!

Miscellaneous

Have you ever made a will, or tried to make arrangements for your death? What provisions did you make?

Yes, I will leave it all to my sister.

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?

No.

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?

Bold and brave.

Do you believe you pose a threat to the public? Why or why not?

Probably not, but since I have uncertain heritage, it is possible.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?

Fearlessness.

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?

Recklessness.

As a player, if you could, what advice would you give your character? Speak as if he/she were sitting right here in front of you. Use proper tone so they might heed your advice...

I would keep doing exactly what you are doing. Better a day as a lion than a lifetime as a lamb.