Questions on this Device

Vaalus

Alright. So I would just like opinions on this device. Does it work, is it legal here, possibilities or opinions to make it either work better or fit in better on the board. Anything is appreciated.

Gauntlets of Thor - Device 5 – Easy to loose (17pp)

Super Strength 10 (20pp)

AP: Shockwave

AP: Countering Punch

AP: Thunder Punch - Strike 10 + Auditory Dazzle 10 (1pp)

*AP: Lightning Strike - Strike 9, PF: Mighty, Knockback x6, Affects Insubstantial x2, Incurable, Reversible (1pp)

AP: Electrical Control 10 (1pp)

Power Feats on Device – Restricted 1 (Those chosen by the Gods), Indestructible

*Requires mandatory Power Attack to use.

I'm curious as to why you have Counter Punching and Shockwave as alternate powers instead of just standard Power Feats on your Super-Strength. Switching them to Power Feats will make it more versitile and the cost remains the same. Also, due to the array structure, assuming you keep the same number of alternate powers, each alternate power may have a total of 22 points spent on each setting. But as always, concept takes precedence over mechanics. All of that being said, the device looks perfectly legal to me, from a raw mechanics standpoint anyways.

As far as counter punch and shockwave go, I guess I misunderstood that part. I'll fix that shortly. Other than that I was confused on the AP structures, as I thought they were only allowed to re-spend the points on the power itself not including feats. If you can re-spend the points on feats as well then would/could it look like this?

Gauntlets of Thor - Device 5 – Easy to loose (17pp)

Super Strength 10 (20pp)

PF: Shockwave

PF: Countering Punch

AP: Thunder Punch - Strike 11 + Auditory Dazzle 11 (1pp)

*AP: Lightning Strike - Strike 10, PF: Mighty, Knockback x7, Affects Insubstantial x2, Incurable, Reversible (1pp)

AP: Electrical Control 11 (1pp)

Power Feats on Device – Restricted 1 (Those chosen by the Gods), Indestructible

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Gauntlets set up as easy to loose because they're not connected to anything like armor that would keep them in place if somebody tried to pull them off his hands with a disarm attempt.

As far as the thunder punch goes, it is the same build of thunder punch from Ultimate Power from the electrical control power, which also comes up to be that many ranks. I'm unsure if that build of Thunder Punch was built without spending the remaining points or if they had an area effect on the auditory dazzle.

As far as the thunder punch goes, it is the same build of thunder punch from Ultimate Power from the electrical control power, which also comes up to be that many ranks. I'm unsure if that build of Thunder Punch was built without spending the remaining points or if they had an area effect on the auditory dazzle.

It's not Area, but it should have the Range reduced to Touch. You could certainly add Area, or whatever.