This Is A Weird One

Jaycee Cahill is - 

16 years old in the fall of 2018. 

She's a radio controller with powers she doesn't control very well. 

She's a nice girl from a very sheltered background - the sort that makes her an unironic Toby Keith fan.

She's not sure what she wants to be when she grows up; maybe a nurse like her mother. 

Her powers work like this: 

Subject's metahuman abilities reflect a biological connection to the lower end of the electromagnetic spectrum - particularly the VHF frequencies just above one meter. Her neurological and skeletal systems have a unique chemical composition that makes her a natural transmitter and receiver of these frequencies. In a 'resting' state, she has the ability to send and receive signals along these frequencies, visual data being transmitted to her optic nerve and auditory to her ear canal. However, subject's abilities are 'overpowered' (as is common among younger metahumans).

When in an environment with sufficient VHF energy (such as that found in any major metropolitan area), her body begins to act as a natural 'sponge' - absorbing and storing these energies throughout her cellular structure. Sufficient accumulation of these energies results in so-far uncontrolled discharges of energies cascading 'above' the VHF range into microwaves and infrared radiation. These discharges are extremely hazardous to her environment and others within it. Unless her abilities can be reliably controlled, there will be further D-Day events. 

Subject is not recommended for inhibitor technology for multiple reasons - in addition to the hazard her abilities pose to the sensitive environment where she lives, her neurological functions have become dependent on the VHF radiation she absorbs unconsciously. Without regular exposure to VHF radiation, her brain will begin to shut down and she will enter a persistent comatose state. 

She has a fake backstory at Claremont; people think her bodyguard Watchdog is actually her really overprotective sister. Her real backstory can be found here. 

Jaycee Cahill was born in 2002 in Guymon, Oklahoma. She's the middle of three girls, all of them named after their father J.T. (who she still calls 'Daddy', especially when she wants something from him). Her family has deep roots in rural Texas County; her late grandfather's savvy business sense made him a millionaire (and the richest man in Texas County, at least for a while) when he sold his failing cattle lands to invest in the natural gas boom of the 1930s. Her daddy met her momma Rachel twenty years ago, when he was fresh out of Harvard and a graduate student at the University of Oklahoma and she was just finishing up her BA in nursing. Rachel left her family in Muskogee behind to settle in her husband's hometown and work as a school nurse; Jaycee looks a lot like her mom, with her mother's skin tone, petite build and dark hair. 

Jaycee  knows there was a time when her daddy wasn't a politician, but she can't really remember it. She wasn't yet in elementary school when her daddy ran for the Oklahoma State Legislature, a position he held for only a few years before deciding legislative service wasn't for him. The former political science professor at OPSU wasn't a man for legislative negotiations and dickering - he wanted to be the man in charge. Friendly to the oil industry, married to a Comanche woman, projecting a folksy-but-informed manner that let him speak cordially to both Tulsa suburbanites and farmers in the Panhandle, JT Cahill ran first as an outsider in the Republican primary, then was elected Governor of Oklahoma in 2010. 

Jaycee found that she liked being a governor's daughter. She was one of the most popular kids in her tony private schools in Oklahoma City, getting her attention she'd hardly ever won as a middle child back home, and living in Oklahoma City was a lot better than living in Guymon. It meant changes at home - she saw a lot less of her daddy and her momma, but she was reaching an age where that wasn't so bad. She got to travel too; out to DC and down to Austin, getting to know the children of other politicians and rich friends of her daddy's, and even got to visit. She wasn't old enough to be interested in boys the way her older sister Jaybee was, but she was sure that when she did, she'd have her pick of the best ones. She had a lot of plans.

Jaycee was old enough to have some idea of what they were getting into when her daddy and momma sat her and her two sisters down in December of 2014 to tell them something very serious. Her daddy had thought hard, he'd prayed hard, and he'd talked to their mom and his friends - and Governor Cahill was going to run for President in the next election. Freshly 13, Jaycee rolled her eyes but didn't actually backsass her daddy - her daddy had just been re-elected Governor earlier that year and she figured the campaign for President couldn't be _that_ different from the campaign for Governor. And besides, it probably wasn't going to amount to anything. She had to admit she loved her dad (privately, anyway), but the country wasn't going to elect her dad, with his corny jokes and his Sooner ties and cheerful belly, President, right? 

The headaches started around the time of Jaycee's fourteenth birthday, just a short time after her father had been elected President of the United States. They were small at first and she got aspirin for them, then stronger stuff - stuff the White House doctors had to prescribe, then hospital visits to get her on a new type of painkillers. Her daddy's people kept it out of the media, which made her feel a little better - running for President was _not_ like running for Governor at all, and the campaign had turned her life completely upside-down. She knew how important this job was to her family, to her sisters, to America; she decided not to tell anyone when the headaches came back after a few months of treatment - or when she started hearing whispers in empty rooms in the White House, and then seeing things she knew weren't there - strange colors and patterns that she blocked out by sheer force of will. She wasn't going to ruin everything for her family by being a freak! 

And then came D-Day. 

On March 15, 2018, there was an incident at the White House. The general public is aware that all the radios and other electronic gadgets near the White House went dead, some of them permanently, for a good hour and a half. The Secret Service, Capitol Police, and other law enforcement agencies in Washington went on high alert that afternoon and the whole city went into lockdown for 24 hours. The general public believes that the incident was the result of a terrorist attack by robotic members of the Foundry - an attack foiled by the Secret Service. 

This is a lie. What really happened was that Jaycee Cahill nearly set the White House on fire. 'Sick in bed' with agonizing migraines, she was the source of the sudden 'radio black hole' that made it appear that every radio and other wireless signal in the White House had gone dead. In the process of being evacuated from the terrorist attack along with her mother and younger sister, it was she who generated an EMP powerful enough to keep Marine One from flying - and then in a sudden burst of microwave energy, emit a pulse powerful enough to nearly kill her family and Secret Service detail as their internal temperatures raised to dangerously high levels. It was Agent Ashley George, running at full speed across the White House lawn even as the grass began to smolder around the frightened teen (who had run, hands to the side of her head, from the landing pad on the South Lawn), who saved the day, grabbing Jaycee by her pressure points and holding her as she drained the energy that powered the teen's radiation. She saved the First Family, she saved her fellow agents, and she probably stopped the irradiation of a significant number of White House staff and tourists. 

And it was Agent George who was on point for the news of what had followed - about Jaycee's powers couldn't be turned off or suppressed, about how she needed to learn how to use them or she would die - and so would a hell of a lot of other people if she stayed in the White House. So what could they do? Could they really tell the world that the President's daughter had power enough, theoretically, to fry an entire city - power that had come from Farsider DNA that blood tests found in the President and his three daughters? 

There had to be another way. 

Would anyone like to actually play this character? The big weakness would be that her bodyguard is going to drag her out of combat bodily if she has to - so this will be a character who will not be in many combat threads. I'll build you the (probably PL 7) sheet and everything! 

the sort that makes her an unironic Toby Keith fan.

"Should Have Been A Cowboy" is a country music classic and I will fight people on that point.

...Okay, so, I won't try to put myself at the front of the line, especially because I am honestly unsure if I could actually play the character well (never mind that I've struggled to do much with the characters I've got thus far). But...I guess maybe pin me as a possible "reserve" option?

I would recommend 

18 hours ago, KnightDisciple said:

"Should Have Been A Cowboy" is a country music classic and I will fight people on that point.

Let's do the man dance, son!

So, "I Love This Bar," and "As Good As I Once Was" are better.

I'd throw my hat in, because why not?
Not that I think I am great at a teenage girl.

PL: 6 (90) 

Abilities: 0 + 6 + 4 + 0 + 2 + 8 = 20PP 
STR 10 (+0) 

DEX 16 (+3) 

CON 14 (+2) 

INT 10 (+0) 

WIS 12 (+1) 

CHA 18 (+1) 

Combat: 4 + 12 =16PP
Initiative: +3

Attack: +2 

Defense: +8 (+6 Base, +2 Dodge Focus, +3 flat-footed) 

Grapple: +6 

Knockback: -3

Saves: 3 + 2 + 4 = 9PP 
TOU +4/+2 (+2 Con, +2 Defensive Roll) 

FORT +5 (+2 Con, +3)

REF +5 (+3 Dex, +2) 

WILL +5 (+1 Wis, +4) 

Skills: 32R=8PP  

Bluff 6 (+10)

Diplomacy 6 (+10) 

Gather Info 2 (+6) 
Knowledge (Pop Culture) 5 (+5)  
Notice 4 (+5)  
Search 5 (+5)  
Sense Motive 4 (+5)  

Feats: 9PP

Defensive Roll 1 

Dodge Focus 2 

Improved Defense 2 

Redirect

Second Chance (Will saves vs. Mind Control) 

Set-Up 

Powers: 1 + 26 + 1 = 28PP

Datalink 1 (10 ft) [1PP] 

Radio Control 12 (PFs: Subtle 1 [radio], Variable Descriptor 1 [any electromagnetic])  [26PP]

BE: Damage 6 (Extras: Area [Burst], Linked [Dazzle]) {12} + Dazzle 6 (radio) (Extras: Area [Burst], Linked [Damage]) {12} {12+12=24/24] 

Super-Senses 1 [Radio] [1PP] 

costs 
abilities 20 + combat 16 + saves 9 + skills 8/32 + feats 9 + powers 28 = 90 pts