Gee, Your Hair Fights Crime Terrific

Heritage

I just finished counting up my posts for the month of June and was appalled to see that while Grimalkin (a known attention hog) racked up 40 posts, poor Gossamer had to make do with a measily 9. This is an outrage!

Of course it's all my fault, so I mean to rectify it by placing the ad below:

SWPL10F seeks comrade(s)-in-arms for late night patroling, rescue work or general sparring. Must be intelligent, sensitive and at least moderatly law-abiding; ruthless 'punk'-killing vigilantes need not reply.

Ivan looks at the add with a mix of confusion and humor. His English was poor, very poor still. He only knew words vital in the busy world, greetings, money exchanges, business phrases. Small bits from each category. He scrawled on a piece of paper quickly with some broken english, but familiar cyrillic.

'I will Survey the street if in, C.C'

Ivan himself isn't that bad. His intentions as of yet were unknown, though if one studied his character a little, they could figure he's still sore about The Russia Incident. He's recently arrived to Freedom City, So he looks to make a name. And while his motives have been questionable, he would be willing to tone down his 'eagerness' a little bit if it allowed him an in with others to gain notoriety.

Just so we're all clear, that's not an actual ad she placed; it's a metaphor or something, I dunno.

So we have three heroes, 3 PL11 and one PL6, and one PL11 bad guys; where do people's characters hang out? Right now, Gos mostly splits her time between Hanover and the North End, but she likes shopping and culture, too, so she could end up almost anywhere Downtown. She hasn't really begun an actual patrol schedule and route per se, but she might want to start.

Ok, so it sounds like the North End might be a good place to start. Since CC would be our 'bad guy' (though I love how his communist outlook makes labeling him difficult), we need to figure out what he's up to in the North End that would take him away from South Freedom, where it sounds like he's based. The NE has some museums, the university and ASTRO Labs; maybe one of them might have an item the Revolution needs? I would tend to lean away from the museum, since it seems to get hit all the time, and a technological MacGuffin to me sounds more likely.

Here's one possible scenario:

Right now, Gossamer is, to my knowledge, the Norseman's only friend in FC, so it's natural they might hang out from time to time (even though we're still RPing their first meeting). Maybe late one night Ullgir comes by the lab to visit his midnight oil burning friend (she's vouched for him, so he can easily get a visitor's pass) at precisely the same time as CC is planning to break in to ASTRO for a vital component to complete the 'People's Patriotic Atom-Colliding Weapon' or some such thing. Meanwhile, Lullaby has just left a gig at an off-campus bar when she sees CC and members of the lumpenproleteriat making ready to kick their plan into gear. Wesley is currently asleep in his car in a student parking structure, and hears the ensuing fracas.

Contrived? You bet! But most meetings and match-ups in comics are, so it ain't nothing new. Obviously this is just one idea, but I think we could use it as a framework. I haven't seen much of Lullaby, Wesley or CC in action yet, so I'm still a little foggy on how you all operate; let me know if this idea has any merit, or inspires something much better to take it's place.

I haven't seen much of Lullaby, Wesley or CC in action yet, so I'm still a little foggy on how you all operate
Operate? As in how we get around or who we are or how we act or some/all of the above?
let me know if this idea has any merit' date=' or inspires something much better to take it's place.[/quote']Sounds plausible. Being dead broke, I'd want to sleep in the most lighted area available :P

Hey, would it be possible for Nanowire to get involved? You know, in a villainous capacity? He hasn't done anything suitably evil in forever, and he's already lost most of his "bad guy" cred. ;)

We could just call it an accident that he stumbled across your little band and got the wrong impression. Or hell, he might be pulling a robbery by himself. He's not out of the life entirely, after all.

If its not too late, do you think I could throw Malice's hat into the ring? A tech based heist is right up his alley, possibly some new energy cell deal. Working with someone (he believes) has no powers, which would qualify both CC and Nanowire, is also a good thing. That and I think it would be a bit of an odd couple teaming up with Captain Communist when Malice wears red, white and blue, and his fellow tech head Nanowire was bestowed powers.

• 2 weeks later...

Clear! *zap* Clear! *zap* :P

Seriously, what's the word on this?

The word is I need to figure out how many folks we can reasonably fit into this thing, and I want to make sure the fight is fair-ish. I never got around to contacting Ryoga last week, and once I know if he's actually interested, I just want to have a look-see at the sheets of those involved, and we'll go from there. Look for an update here in the next day or so.

• 2 weeks later...

As a favour to Heritage, I'm taking up gming whatever thread comes out of this, you'll need to give me a couple of days to go over the characters involved in it to sort something out.

NOTE: For the sake of things like symmetry and balance I am very likely to pare this down to two heroes and two villains, just so people know. Or some other combination that expresses a general principle of "less unwieldy".