Ooooh Fashion (turn to the Left)

With a deep sigh, Casey went into her strut; she'd actually done a lot of researching and practicing to get ready for this moment, which had lead to a lot of support and playful ribbing from her fellow Pi's. She did her best to look fierce as she strode out in front of the crowd, which on her actually looked a bit intimidating. She found the beat in the music playing over the sound system, stared straight ahead and killed it, as a rather silly thought bounced around her head.

I'm too sexy for my dress.

Too sexy for my dress. 

When Casey got to the middle of the stage, she struck a pose, hand on hip, and favored the crowd with a cool gaze; meanwhile, she did another scan, hoping to turn up something.

Edited by Heritage

Miss Grue
Watching Casey strut her stuff Daphne couldn't help but be feel pride at what her friend had achieved, she knew just how much this achievement meant to the young hero. She didn't tend to peek into human minds (much) but she could help but pick up there surface thoughts. most humans just couldn't help but broadcast their thoughts to the world!

Concentrating on her own thoughts made her suddenly realise something, she was getting something but even as a skilled telepath she'd missed it for a very good reason. It was thought patterns that were very familiar to her...

GM Post
Out in the middle of the catwalk, surrounded by people looking up with some admiration, Casey didn't need any of her enhanced senses to see what she wanted. Sat at the end of the walk, the good spot if you will, was a face that looked very familiar to her.

It was Daphne, but not like Casey had ever seen her before! She was glammed up even more than those involved in the show, dressed in the latest haute couture. Duplicates and double was something you just got used to as a superhero, but there were some things that you never got used too. Instead of the open and always cheerful face of her Daphne, this one had a sneer on her face as she gave a judging look at everyone.

• 1 month later...

At this point, Casey's fashionable façade slipped for a few seconds as she stared open-mouthed at the imposter, but she quickly regained her composure as she strutted back towards the main stage, sending a rather frantic message to her shapeshifting friend.

- I saw her! She's sitting right up front, and she looks exactly like you! -

The blonde heroine's super-fast brain raced as she tried to consider how all the possible scenarios might play out, and one idea kept bobbing back to the surface.

- Daphne, you might have to take my place to preserve my secret identity. It might be too hard to explain why Casey Blankenship disappeared right before Miracle Girl showing up at the same fashion show. -.

Edited by Heritage

Miss Grue

Daphne wasn't really one for self-doubt, she tended to just take things as they came with a smile on her face, but for once she was caught wondering if that was why she'd missed her doppelganger. After all, they were the same mind maybe she'd discounted it as part of her own mind, or most probably they were shielded. Still no time for introspection it was time for action. So as soon as Casey came off stage she gestured to an empty room and waited for Casey to enter before she went insubstantial and floated into the room behind her, she didn't want to start any gossip about the two.

As Daphne became solid again her features altered until she was the splitting image of Casey, even with her enhanced senses she couldn't tell it was like looking into a strange mirror. The dress she was wearing was a little different, however, being the next one that they were down to wear on stage. Daphne obviously had a fine eye for such details.

"I'll try not to show you up too badly." even her voice sounded familiar.

• 1 month later...

The blonde heroine couldn't help but shake her head and grin at the sight of her duplicate; no doubt about it, Daphne was a pretty awesome friend to have! "Alright, here we go; wish me luck!" Casey leaned in to give Casey2 a quick peck on the cheek, then disappeared in a rush of air. Seconds later, Miracle Girl flew into the hall from outside, hair blowing slightly in an unseen wind as she glowed like the Sun. She floated in the air with her arms crossed, glaring at Daphne's doppelganger. Her stern expression brooked no argument.

"Excuse me, miss. Can we step outside and talk?"

Edited by Heritage
  • 2 weeks later...

GM Post

There was a little ripple of applause as Miracle Girl arrived on the scene, many probably thinking it part of the show - this was Freedom City after all. Either way, this was a show that would be talked about around the campus for a few months at least, for all the disturbance that would more or less guarantee the success of the show.

The Grueperlet was relatively calm raising her hand in surrender.

“I’m sorry there must be some kind of misunderstanding here? I don’t think I’m who you think I am?”

She did begin to cautiously move towards the exits, for now following the order of the (visible) superhero in the room.

• 2 months later...

Miracle Girl floated over to the Grue, arms still crossed but her stern features slightly softened as her suspect seemed to be more compliant. "We can straighten all this up outside, and have you on your way in no time."
She turned to the assembled coeds and nodded. "Ladies, please go back to enjoying your fashion show."

Meanwhile she sent a quick message to Daphne. -Hold the fort as Casey for now, but be ready to make an excuse and slip away if I send you the signal- 

• 2 months later...

GM Post

The disguised Grue put up her hands and carefully raised herself from the chair, she was obviously not looking for trouble right now.

“I don’t want any trouble Miracle Girl, I’ll follow you outside if you wish.”

The disguised alien then started to make her way towards the exit of the area, waiting for a few seconds to see if the superhero would follow here. As this happened the general chat spiraled around them, this would definitely be the most talked about event for several days at least.

Miss Grue

I’m on it, just be careful please.

As Casey she stood on the edge of the stage and spread her arms out wide as she spoke to the audience.

“A big round of applause for Miracle Girl for agreeing to appear at our little gathering!”

The crowd obvious appreciated the appearance and there was a round of applause from the crowd that lasted for a good minute, until Daphne again calmed the crowd.

“But now on with the show!”

With an almost perfect turn she strolled off of the stage to allow the other to resume the fashion show.

MG waved at the crowd and nodded, an affable but practiced grin on her face; however, once they were outside, she was all business. She led the Grue into a quiet corner, and after looking around to make sure no one was in earshot, she crossed her arms across her chest, looking stern. Even just standing there quietly, her furrowed brow and disapproving glare were hard to look at without flinching 

"Okay, now that we have a little privacy, please explain yourself. First off, where do you come from, and what name do you prefer go by?"

GM Post

Finally out of sight of the other the stranger finally revealed their true form, shifting into that of a Grue, but there was something vaguely familiar about their form, even though by their nature were all the same.

“I’m D’ph’ne and I’m sorry if I cause any harm humans, this is all very new to me.”

Nervously tucked their hair behind their ear, this was really looking familiar to Casey but from where?

“I’ve been trying to familiarise myself with you culture to be able to fit into in flawlessly, have I done something wrong here?”