Deeper Underground

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the DEX tie that makes

29 - Many Mind - Unharmed (Scuttling in pipes around you)

25 - Filth - Unharmed

21 - Lob- Bruised, 3 HP (NB: Lopping off one bruise with the various time passed since the ant fight etc)

21 - Arc - Injured, 4 HP

15 - Vermin, Unhamred

Many Mind will start off with a Mental Blast 10 against Arcturus (Will Save DC 25)

Filth will pull out his pistol as a move action and back off (moving)

Lobisomem is up. 

Ok so I am going to have to play a bit fast and loose with the rules here as the many mind is...odd. 

So that surge action will count for something (and fatigue Lob, although of course he can HP out of it). The swipe and bite will smash open the pipes and several Many mind rats will fall out of it. The bit action will tear one asunder (its toughness is zero so unless you are pulling punches or using accurate attacks, I will simply waive that tough roll on the grounds of common sense). 

That makes Arc up. 

NOTE: I have taken a bit of licence here with Lob's action, and it is slightly "edgy" as you have killed a rat (a mutant evil overlord gestalt mind rat, but still). If you have any objections, please let me know and I will rewind. To my mind this felt reasonable and tried to do honour to intention and personality, but its your call. And you could always add in a new complication regarding rats.... if you want to roleplay taste, the many mind rat tastes of mutant brains and might even have a non-mechanical effect on mood/thinking/brain (or, if you want to spend an HP for inspiration, we could allow eating that brain gives you insight into the many mind). 

Edited by Supercape

So their will is being eaten away by numbers depletion, but still high. 

Will Save: Will Save vs Fear: 1d20+11 16 which, I think despite being a bad roll, makes it? (I have it down as Fearsome Presence 3)

On a positive note, Vermin now feels you are on his side, and will thus act accordingly: With an attack bonus of +15 he can auto hit a rat, but only inflicts a damage 2 result. 

: 1d20 2 and another many mind rat bites the dust. 

In addition you may make a hearing notice roll DC 5, but 100' away (so -10 to roll unless you have extended hearing). 

Scuttling rats coming in! Lots of them! But what type of rats? See IC for the mystery!]

ROUND 2

29 - Many Mind Rats [18 left]  Unharmed. 8 Are on the floor, 10 more in the pipes. 

25 - Filth - Unharmed

21 - Lob- Bruised, Fatigued, 3 HP (NB: Lopping off one bruise with the various time passed since the ant fight etc)

21 - Arc - Injured, 4 HP

15 - Vermin, Unhamred

Note the Mind Rats have a Defence of +5 (15) and are minions. 

Many Mind Rats psionic powers are now depleted. They will fire off a mind control on Lobisomem, DC 19 Will Save

Filth, now emboldened and ordered by Vermin, will fire off a shot, taking 10 and hitting one. Tough Save vs Bullet: 1d20 2 this hits and kills another Mind Rat. Which incidentally lowers the Mind Control to DC 18, which means that if Lob got an "18" save" he will briefly fall under the mind control but snap out of it straight away when Filth kills a rat. 

Which means Lob is up again. 

Edited by Supercape