The Games Heroes Play

Heritage

So this is a pretty random idea that I've had for some time; it's not a major character detail, but I think it might be sort of fun to explore, maybe even just at the background level.

How many of our Freedom City heroes are avid videogamers? The idea that I had was that Gretchen (aka the Shrike) is an avid gamer, as is Lynn (aka Grimalkin), but they feel that their special abilities gives them unfair advantage playing online games with non-heroic players.

Might there be like a mega-secure Discord server or something else set up through HeroHouse that allows heroes to game together between crime-fighting and world-saving, and just gives them another fun level of connection?

Edited by Heritage

Facsimile games! dunno if his powers would give him any more advantage unless he turned into something with datalink but that'd be cheating outright.

Probably only does it when he's playing against someone with super speed or the like.

Edited by Exaccus

Cool! Lynn has Dexterity 26, which I would have to think gives her excellent hand-eye coordination with any sort of controller. Also she and Gretch share a mental link, which would give them huge advantage in any sort of FPS shooter game. I also imagine Lynn has on occasion used her Morph ability to do eerily accurate impressions in team chat, just to mess with people's heads :/

Very cool! As I said, not sure how much posting will come out of the idea, but I love it for the detail.

Also, what sort of games would characters play? Gretchen is all about first person shooters, and is very into the Call of Duty series, PUBG and modded GTA 5 Online, all for PC. Lynn is a hardcore Mario Kart racer from way back, and is very much a Nintendo gamer. They probably play Overwatch together, assuming it exists in-universe.

Hmmm.  Well, aside from just a fun little background detail, maybe you could turn this into an adventure by having some villain suck the heroes into whatever game they're playing (or a special dimension based on several games, since there seems to be a wide spread here). 

I don't really picture Leviathan as a gamer, except maybe at parties, but I actually do see Adept getting drunk and playing something lighthearted like Mario Kart now and then to unwind.  He probably wouldn't care for FPS; he sees too much gun violence in his day job to enjoy it. 

Terrifica kind of can't. Knows coding and associated tricks of various game engines entirely too well. It isn't really Naomi's thing, either. Sound doesn't provoke the same reactions it did before the whole...powers...thing. Queenie is entirely too busy being a cooking nerd. Pacer, however, is a monster. The only problem being that games are too slow, generally, so she plays more than one at once. Leading to her MMO accounts getting the banhammer for obviously being bots. Though her clan's always pleased to see the five (or so) of her when it's Team Deathmatch time. :D Stalwart worries about breaking controllers. They're fragile, you know. But somebody's got to keep Mona honest.