Pitching In

BlazingCoconut

Rev

"Looks like the big guy has the scent!" smiled Rev, giving a double thumbs up and a wide grin. 

"Its OK folks! Its just a giant bear running through the Mall following a scent! Nothing to be worried about! He doesn't eat! I mean...he doesn't eat people! Not that I know about, anyway. And he seems an OK kind of guy. Bear. Guy-Bear. Not the kind of guy that would eat people. That's what he told me anyway!" she said to the onlookers, full of encouragement. 

"Never mind!" she sighed. 

And then she was off, following Jack as fast as she could. Which was not fast enough. 

Man he can move!

She had to fire off little bursts of jets from her feet to keep up!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GM

As they moved through the parking lot, Rev did her best to assure the patrons that Jack would not eat them and was indeed a normal sight.  While the cheerful heroine helped a lot, she inadvertently caused another problem as several of the shoppers decided that this was either a publicity stunt, or super hero action and as the duo proceeded around the back, they had at least a half dozen curious shoppers with their phones out filming the very odd sight.  Around the back of the complex, there was a large fence which separated out some low rent multi flat apartments from the alley behind the center.  Multiple dumpsters and piles of pallets littered the alley as well as a couple of smaller shipping trucks.  

Looking around the alley, Jack's keen senses led him  towards an odd looking shed that appeared to have been some kind of utility structure at one point, but since had been converted into a makeshift club house.  They could hear some people laughing in the medium sized shed and there was little doubt that the people inside were likely the same as the thugs from the bowling alley.

Jack sniffed the air. This was indeed the right smell, they we're where they needed to be. He turned and looked at Rev, standing up to his full 11 foot height. "This is the place, I can smell the stench of the thugs coming from the shack." He noticed the small crowd following them and walked past Rev with a soft throaty growl. "It is not safe here please stay back."

Rev

Rev didn't think they would stay back. Everyone loved a good free show. Even if they didn't love it, they would be drawn to it - some kind of hypnotic magnetic force would make them. Like watching a car crash on the other side of the street. 

Hopefully they wouldn't get too close. 

"Lets go get this done, Bear-head" she sighed, giving her neck a crack from side to side. 

"No busting heads until they start to bust ours, remember!"

She walked up to the Shed and put her ear to the wall, to see if she could hear anything inside...

GM

It didn't take a whole lot of sleuthing to hear multiple voices from the shack.  They were laughing and joking with each other, sounding like perhaps they were dicing for something.  

"Dude, it's not your roll, you already took one!"

"Yeah?" replied someone different, "I was the one that got this crap, so I get an extra.  I ain't going out on snake eyes."

"Shove it, the rules are the rules.  We's all Mammoths and just 'cause you brought it all here, don't mean that you roll 'till you get what you want!"

The crowd of shoppers had grown to about a dozen, most of them filming and chatting excitedly to each other.  It seemed that they had a good idea on who was in the shed and any fear of the massive bear in the parking lot was completely replaced by the opportunity to get a once in a lifetime Facebook update!  There was some more arguing in what appeared to be perhaps a half dozen other people in the shed.  Rev and Jack might have been able to write the entire thing off as some kind of harmless party until they heard a very distinct voice.  It was a woman, who could barely be heard over the shouting and joking.  The voice was one they recognized from the TV of a woman whom had lost her "battle" in spectacular fashion, "please... you can have it all.  Just let me leave and get to a hospital... please..."

Rev

This was no time for delay!

"Jack, I think someones in trouble. Real trouble! Sounds like she is in danger, in fact! And that means, just cause and laudum causus belli intactus!" she declared, making up some half remembered law about breaking and entering with due cause for life or limb. 

Or something.

It sounded reasonable anyway. 

So emboldened by imaginary laws, she wound up her fist, and smashed it through the shed, bursting in dramatically. 

"What's going on here then?" she demanded in a mock cockney accent, before taking in the situation...

GM

Inside, the shack was actually decently decked out.  The walls were covered with cheap paneling in an attempt to make the moderately sized space look more like a club, which it surprisingly did.  There was enough space for two tables and a makeshift bar area which sported a small counter and a decent stock of hard liquor stacked on the back wall.  Some shelves adorned the far wall and everything from laptops and cell phones to jewelry was haphazardly stacked in piles in a scheme that made no immediate sense to the heroes.  

Eight different people were scattered around the table and the bar, each of them sporting a denim coat with a mammoth logo plastered on the back.  If they were trying to be low key, that was certainly an easy method to identify them.  At one of the tables, there were four members who appeared to be dicing over a small purse, some money and a cell phone, which lay in the middle of the table.  On the ground was a middle aged woman with auburn hair which was slowly turning to grey.  She was battered and cut in several spots and seemed to be desperately trying to administer some kind of futile first aid.  However, her skin was pale and it didn't take a doctor to realize that she was likely in real trouble.

As Rev burst in, exploding the makeshift door into splinters, the was a shocked silence before one of the thugs at the bar turned and looked back, "oh nuts!  That's the two I was telling you about!  I said this was a bad idea and none of you wanted to listen."

Rev

"Well that looks just a little bit extremely not good!" declared Rev. She was not an angry sort by nature, but this bought a redness to her neck. "What the hell are you doing to this poor woman?"

"Never mind, ill ask again in a bit. And I am sure you will want to answer"

She pulled back her fist, and threw an brilliant jet into the centre of the shack, that exploded into a blindingly bright blossom of brilliance. It was a rather pretty purple-blue-red colour, like a sunset. But its effect was the same!

Dazzling!

Jack turned from the crowd of people with an angry growl, frustrated. But he had no time to bother with them. Rev had already blow in the door and Jack followed her in, crouching to all fours.

He could smell the blood. 

Hesaw the look of defeat and terror in the woman's eyes.

He would kill all of them.

His eyes turned to the thugs, rage building behind them and he loosed a roar that echoed with the explosion Rev produced.