[IC] A God Among Insects

The Traveller
It was rare that something panned out in ways that surprised Sitara, the advantage of having lived all those centuries, so even the bad ones were a pleasant surprise. God's real or technological were among the rarest of all so they were always interesting. Though always better after the event with a few beers and good company.

As she jetted her way towards the others Sitara tried to piece together what they'd found out so far, and it was definitely a mess godlings tended to have quite an ego on them and the power to back it up. When she was little you tended to ignore them as much as possible, which alas probably wasn't possible in this situation.

• 3 weeks later...

The Anointer looked to Paradigm, his features still dim behind the halo. "Those who wish for freedom and safety will be allowed to march in my camp," the figure said. "To show the people of Kolast that there is another way, that Olaya's fury shatters chains and tempers souls left flickering by the harsh winds of cruelty. Those who wish to stay in Derendis may do so. I will not drag them in my path. But I shall leave my watch behind, to make sure that the chains I've broken are not reforged."

Cavalier had caught up with Paradigm by this point, floating in the Anointer's orbit. "You sound like you have a plan. How're you planning on keeping order, exactly? You going to give the captains of the guards a chance to bend the knee, or you just cutting right to the --"

His question was interrupted by the proximity sensors on his armor going off. He pulled out of the way just as a ballista bolt almost as big as he was soared past his head. "Frag!" He turned his attention back to the city. The ballistas atop the city walls were centering on their position, and beneath them, an army of men with armor and spears was streaming out of the gates. 

It's almost not fair. 

"So, if you had a plan for --"

Cavalier felt the gust of heat behind him and saw four beams of light stream past him. They hit the city walls with pinpoint accuracy, causing the ballistas to go up in flames. There were no explosions; the ballistas just burst into flames, sending guards running but not catching them in the backblast. 

All right. Definitely unfair. But man, I've kinda been wanting to kick some bastards in the teeth...