Shaking the Branches (OOC)

Thevshi

Malcom gets a 17 on his Fort save, so is fatigued!

Jack leaps up after Mess, but only gets a 13 on his attack roll, so misses regardless of whether the aid action still applied.

So,

Round Six

32 Foreshadow (bruised 3 HP, fatigued)

29 Synapse (unharmed 3 HP)

26 Hound (unharmed)

21 Malcom (bruised, fatigued)

17 Bloody Mess (unharmed, 3 HP) [6 th round of Boost]

14 Jack (bruised 2)

Foreshadow is up!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true, sure, sure.  Of course, my reading of that rule was that if the attack getting the Bonus could already overcome the impervious it'd still be getting the +2 Bonus as it wouldn't be using it to overcome.  (So if say Bloody Mess Attacked with a Damage 10 effect against an Impervious 10 foe, Foreshadow could still provide the +2 bonus on the Damage as Mess wouldn't need the bonus to overcome Impervious).  As it was mostly to stop minions from ganging up on a high impervious Superman.  That could be wrong, of course.  In which case live and learn on my part!

Buuut, I'm totally cool with ineffectively not doing jack to Jack while trying to help to no avail!  Could have fun with that post for sure.  Comedy!  (Although if the question of whether Jack had his Aid still came up.  I would have to wonder if he has the penalty from distance from being away from Malcolm well I guess that depends on how you built him!).

Yeah, looking at the house rule again, I think your right.  So we will go with that.  Go ahead with your IC post!

As for the aid issue, I was torn over whether it should still apply or not when Mess made such a drastic change in situation as to move as far away as he had.  It all became moot when Jack missed to very badly that having the aid bonus or not did not matter.

• 3 weeks later...

That will hit, and with the +2 from the combined attack so DC 27.  Jack just misses with a 26, so picks up another bruise.

Jack is going to make a charging leap down at Synapse, hitting with a 21, meaning a DC 27 toughness save for Synapse.  She just misses with a 26, so picks up a bruise.

This brings up,

Round Seven

29 Synapse (bruised, 3 HP)

21 Malcom (bruised, fatigued, paralyzed (+1 save))

17 Bloody Mess (unharmed, 3 HP) [7th round of Boost]

14 Jack (bruised 3)

Foreshadow is up.

That hits, particularly given he is fatigued.  He only gets a 19 on his toughness save, so it bruised and dazed and knocked off his feet.

With Jack staggered and dazed, that brings up…

Round Eight

29 Synapse (bruised, 3 HP)

21 Malcom (bruised 2, fatigued)

17 Bloody Mess (unharmed, 3 HP) [7th round of Boost]

14 Jack (bruised 3, staggered)

Foreshadow is up!

Well actually spent an HP two rounds ago to no longer be Fatigued!

Free Action:  Switch to Staves on the configuration.

Move Action:  Take 10 on Bluff to Taunt Jack again (He's at +1 to resist now and the Bluff is at -5 due to it being pushed down to a Move Action)

Standard Action:  Power (-5 Atk/+5 Dmg) Attack Jack with Combined Staves (DC28): 1d20+11 28

On the off chance Jack is out of the picture will the next roll will be a Takedown Attack towards  Malcolm...and if Jack is still standing using Extra Effort to Surge

Standard Action:  Power (-5 Atk/+5 Dmg) Attack Jack with Combined Staves (DC28): 1d20+11 17