Impatience leaned Foreshadow into wanting to fix the plane after their work was done.  If need be, he could get the landing gear in makeshift but working order.  It was actually a bit risky to stay out there too long.  If someone was dumb enough to traverse out into the plains during this weather then the pair would be spotted and have some explaining to do.  But, there was no guarantee they'd be making an easy exit either.

"Alright, I can fix it now.  But, this is going to be a two person job."   Reaching for the pouch containing his top of the line multi-work tool, Foreshadow would soon lob it in Dreadnought's direction.  Really, he wasn't expecting Dreadnought to do more than turn a screwdriver when instructed.  But, it would keep the large man's mind off the cold.  And hopefully, settle some nerves.  Because the Grav Bike wasn't exactly going to keep them warm as they approached the mine.

That's if they took it in the first place.  There was some appeal in walking in pretending to be lost but wealthy tourists.  But, how to ease into that conversation.  "Don't worry too much.  The first time is tough for everyone.  At least there are no man gators here.  Let me tell you about my trip to Egypt..."  And so Foreshadow got ready to work.

GM

Despite the cold (even with thermal gloves on) Foreshadow got to work competently. As it happened, Dreadnought was of some use, being able to cleanly lift the plane off the snow to allow him to get underneath. 

With a bit of bending, tugging, cutting, welding, and (on one occasion) stiff kick to a vexing piece of metal that seemed to have no clear purpose other than getting in the way of everything else, the landing gear was repaired. It probably wasn't going to pass the stiff safety checks of an aviation inspector, but it was good enough. The plane would land and take off without difficulty. 

Or at least, without additional difficulty. The plane was still on ice and snow in the middle of a blizzard. 

"wow, Im sorry i missed that one, sounds like a grand old time." he states, matter of factly, aside from sleeping and eating being some of the few biological thrills left to him, so too was the adrenalin rush of combat, his clash with the animated statue of nelson still fresh in his mind though it was also 150 years ago that such had happened.

"always up for throwing down with a small army of tough guys." he says as he lowers the plane slowly back onto its fixed landing gear and dusting his hands off "That said, this is a personal matter for you, so I'm going to leave how to deal with ya old man to you and focus on keeping his private army busy and making his stocks of darwin-X burn."

Foreshadow assessed Ulysses closely.  If Joseph were Dee or Agnus it was a different matter.  One had generations of espionage talent crammed in her brain.  Or spirit to be more correct.  The other could confound minds and stay at a distance whenever she so willed.  And Joseph...well he was loud and attention drawing.  A different tact would have to be used than Foreshadow's natural leanings.  "My first instinct really is to take off the masks and make our way inward using the lost tourist cover.  But, let's go in hot.  If we get shot at you'll make the perfect bulletproof vest."

The last line was a joke.  But, it wasn't wrong in the sense that if anyone made the perfect distraction it would be Dreadnought.  Reaching for the small handheld remote control on his belt, Foreshadow would beckon his Zultasian Grav Cycle out of the plane's cargo hold.   "Let's go collect twenty years of birthday cards then."

GM

And so...a trudge through freezing blizzard later...

The blizzard was heavy, the air was cold, but it had a crisp clean quality to it that you didn't really get elsewhere. It was little bother for Dreadnought, he ploughed through the snow easily. It was good that there was no iced over lakes; Foreshadow pointed out a few pitfalls on route, and kept the duo on course through very poor visibility. 

Even with the snow, Dreadnought's footsteps clanged through the air as he walked. There was no muffling them, and in the clear air, the sound travelled far. 

By Foreshadows estimation there where only a couple of hundred yards from the power plant, with terribly visibility, when they half stumbled across a group of men. 

Clad in white (for superior camouflage), carrying high tech rifles, with snow goggles and arctic gear. Five of them. 

"Who goes there?" said the leader, in a Russian accent, repeating his command in Norwegian and Russian. 

"Me, I goes here, who goes where i goes?" dreadnought answered in English doing his best confused tourist impression "where is here by the way? I seems to have gotten lost in the snow storm." he scanning the horizon  before pointedly looking at their armaments "Out hunting something? polar bears if i were to go by the calibre...though that'd be illegal." he states matter of factly "not doing anything illegal out here are ya fellas? of course not, ya look like military sorts, men of distinction and honour!" he says with a booming grin flinging his arms wide.

"Don't suppose you could point me towards the local town now could you sirs?" he says, first instinct being to draw their attention to his own nigh invulnerable self and give foreshadow room to manuver, hammer and anvil style "ya know, its a beautiful place, i don't wanna go making too much fuss out here, im pretty sure punching polar bears is illegal as shooting em."

GM

At the sight of Dreadnought, all five men brought up their rifles. 

"<By Stalin's beard, what is that!>" said one, in Russian. "<Its a troll! A troll! Those Norwegians myths are true!>" whispered another, who was looking very skittish with his rifle. 

The leader, slightly ahead of the other, kept his rifle high but his blood cool. 

"We are just protecting the power plant. From Polar Bears. And other things" he replied in English. "Have to be careful out here. There are polar bears, you know. You should be armed" he explained, although he was not exactly friendly. 

"<Like that giant needs a gun>" hissed one of the men behind him. 

"Who are you anyway? Never seen a man so big..." asked the leader, in neutral tones. "You sound English? What you doing out here?"

Erick smirked at the idea of Joseph needing a gun to fend for himself.   Before switching to the second idiom he ever learned.  Russian.  <"This giant won't bite, well as long as you don't have blackbrush .  He is English.  We were supposed to be celebrating his company's latest purchase.  His company one a bid to perform onshore fracking in North Yorkshire.  It's an English city.  One thing led to another and the Englishman got us lost.  Our ids, our spare clothes, even our lunches are off somewhere in this snow.  And well, we don't even know the way back to our hotel room now.">

His tone tapered from calm to worried as he stepped forward.  It was all an act of course.  There was nothing to be scared off.  If they started shooting, all he would have to do is hide behind Joseph.  Although it was in that moment he realized how long it had been since he went on a mission in which everyone couldn't mentally communicate with one another.  <"It's the last time, I agree to play host to these rich men with more money than brains.  My boss can send someone else next time.  Please sir, can you help us.  We need somewhere to warm up.  Maybe to call a friend and let them know the giant is safe.">

GIving his biggest and dumbest grin whilst he listens to the exchange he can't understand transpire he none the less interjects once its over.

"you have such a beautiful language!" he booms "I'll have to teach myself at some point, Im rather proud of being a self made man you know?" he adds with a confidence bordering on arrogance as he puts his hands on his hips and straightens up into a more comical looming "I must say i rather enjoy the colder weather though, you can always put more layers on after all, whilst you can only take so many off." he explains " though i must say it would be rather nice to warm up after such a long walk, i don't suppose you could show me the way to civilization?"

GM

The head security officer, who had that military air to him, stayed on English. 

"Lost in blizzard, is it?" he said, scratching his beard. "Well, the snow is falling hard, and thick. I can understand" he said, slowly. "We work in power plant, near here. Private property. But we can get you on your feet again. At least till blizzard passes" he said. "But you understand, this is private property, yes? No...how you say it...monkey business? If we find you are spies" he shrugged, giving them hard looks. 

"Boss may want to be speaking to you about Frakking, yes? Russov, he own power plant and he is the man around here. He owns energy. May be being upset about competition?" he smiled. It was not, however, a particularly nice smile. 

"But we can warm you up. Maybe even you drink a bit of vodka? You coming?"

"Good show chappie, you lead on, i wouldnt say no to a shot of vodka either!" He says aimably "I'd be happy ta discuss buisness with a fellow man of power." Giving his own lazy predatory smirk, the toothy grin of an alligator but says little more on the matter.

"Im sure my errand boy here wouldnt mind a break from me either, eh boris?" giving dimitri a gentle pat on the back No doubt forshadow had indulged in some sardonic humor at his expense in the russian segment of the coversation, turn about was fair play and it'd be something to laugh about later.

GM

And so...one trudge through a blizzard later...!

It really was heavy snowfall, and the walk was slower than one might have expected. But even so, they were not far at all from Russov Energy. It was an old power plant. It looked like it was originally there to mine coal or oil or gas (it was not quite clear which), and it was thus somewhat antique and rusty. Large iron and steel girders, bricks and pipes in a rather haphazard architecture. 

But one could spot the odd "bolt on" of newer building work. Shinier, steelier, more plastic and electric. 

On the rim of the plant was what looked like a security station. Several guards congealed around it, all with some form of light body armour and high tech energy rifles, like the patrol. It was hard to judge their number in the blizzard, but at least two dozen such guards?

The security station could just about accommodate Dreadnought. It was a moderately sized building, with a small kitchen, some bunks, and a station full of security camera feed. 

"Wait here" said the captain of the patrol. "I'll get you drinks. Blizzard will be the clearing in a few hours" he said, pointing at a camera station displaying weather fronts. 

"You want coffee, or vodka?"

"Ill have some vodka!" he bellows enthusiastically as he settles down "Hey, what say you lads we have a little game to help pass the time whilst the storm rages around us eh?" he ways with a wiggle of his eyebrows "a little drinking contest eh?" he says "i might have a bit of an advantage though soo...how about 1 on 6?" he offers "If i succumb before all of you are out, then you win and ill pay to replace the vodka yeah, if i win...well it'll be a heckuva story to tell eh, boris?"

GM

"You are a big man, but English!" laughed the captain, slamming down the glasses and the vodka. "We...are RUSSIAN!" he said to much cheering and clapping. 

The first shots were poured. They were followed by the second, and, yay, the third. 

There was much cheering. 

The fourth and fifth followed, and by this time the first subtle signs of intoxication were to be felt. 

By the sixth and, lo, the seventh, one could quite clearly see the signs of clumsiness and slurred words. 

On the eight, the eyes moved slowly, lagging behind the movement of the head. One or two started feeling ill. 

On the ninth, there was the sound of gurgling and snoring. 

By the tenth, all were resolutely sound asleep, or so ill that they were effectively comatose. 

Erick had not taken a single swig of vodka.  Having faked his way through a couple glasses.  He merely watched as Joseph did his thing.  Aside from joining in with the cheers he kept quiet.  His back positioned against a wall so as to keep an eye on any changing conditions.  As soon as the last man drifted into slumber Erick went straight to business. 

"High tech energy weapons.  Possibly equally advanced armor.  Still, their constitution seems normal.  Well normal for Russian soldiers with nothing but free time on their hands.  I don't think they've personally been subjected to Darwin X.  But, there's definitely something fishy going on here.  Bears don't need this sort of firepower to take down."

They knew the location of at least one security camera.  There were guaranteed to be more.  Still, an opportunity was provided.  And Erick wasn't about to let it go to waste.  But, they did have to move fast.  And more importantly, he had to be ready to lie his butt off.

"Alright, who looks my size?  I think it's time for yet another wardrobe change.  Since Dee's not here to Jedi mind trick them, we'll just have to go for old school cloak and dagger stuff again.  And boy do I have a real reckless idea.  You're going to love it, big guy."

GM

The security desk was spread out in an array of readouts and camera feeds. Foreshadow could quickly work out the layout of the power plant, and the location of all the cameras. That's what he got from being a genius. 

If he wanted he could get detailed readings on wind speed, humidity and temperature. As it turned out, it was dry, still, and cold. And it was still snowing heavily. 

It was also a relatively easy matter to squeeze into one of the Russian uniforms. It was not a perfect fit, of course, but it was certainly a reasonable one. Foreshadow was a reasonably big guy, and so where these Russians. 

Joseph indeed greatly enjoyed this plan, he was a fan of the original trilogy a great deal and whilst he wasn't wearing binders or anything remotely resembling a wookie, this was close enough for him.

"I can't believe the one who fit you best was actually called boris." he stated for possibly the third time, the laughter still fresh on his breath "Heckuva coincidence no?" he mumbled as he peered around the corner to keep some form of lookout going whilst foreshadow did his computer things, if nothing else he was physically large enough to block off the corridor if he heard or saw someone coming and talk loudly enough to give some sort of warning to Erick even if he was engrossed in his work.