Fire Emblem DnD

Ryoga

I know there's a system online, but I'm running one using 4th edition, and i'll just be converting monsters and such to regular DnD monsters. It's really just Fire-emblem based on the general concept of the Sacred Stones, and the basic hellish monsters, nothing too fantastic aside from A dragon at most.

I'm running this for my friends who want an adventure, and they also want to get into DnD. I plan to run it from 1-10, basic stuff, but I want some insight on How I should build this. this is 'basically' my first time DMing, at least my first time DMing IRL.

I just wrote this up, I plan to increase the length and depth, make it more novel-like. Or at least a bit better.

So first I decided to set some Goals for myself. So I'd kind of stay on track, I put it on the inside of my folder.

Campaign Checklist -

- Build Story/World Geography

- Build Progression for players to follow in story

- Flesh out Key NPC's

- Write up Specific Encounters and piece story together.

After that I got to work.

I knew I wanted a Fire Emblem feel, and had already decided to go the course of the 5 stones, but how i'd implement them was now my problem.

Here's the quick prologue I'd give to potential players and such.

The PC's are warriors various nations who have been sent on a mission to fight the Enemy nations of Greilia and Falasan. A war has waged between the forces of Radiance; 3 nations who believe in The Radiata as the Way of Life. And the Forces of Ebon, who believe in the Ebones as the Way of Life. Each force fights for the enemy nations stone.

As it is told, If the Radiata prevails, Radiance will rule, and the Radiata will bring peace to Man and Earth, for them to coincide forever peacefully. If the Ebones prevails, the Ebon will rule and Ebones will will bring supreme power to it's followers and enslave the animals and forces of the planet, while it's faction leaders are granted immortality. (So Peaceful Mortality Vs. Chaotic Immortality). In all there are five stones, one for each of the nations involved in the conflict.

The PC's, currently at the Capital of Greilia, have been ordered to strike into the heart of the castle and dispose of it's King, Hourus, and take the Greilian Stone.

So, the incredibly broken, but small premise of what I wanted to do with the game. Get the stones, stop Falasan. Next, I'd Give SOME of this information to the players to give them an Idea of what was going on for world events, and to help them build a character background.

Notes for Players:

Radiata Forces

Carelia: Noble, slightly snobby, highly righteous. People torn between war, though the general populace realizes it's necessary to stop the Ebon.

Ash Sea Islands: A tad wild, though they can act civilized, kind of like Hawaiian natives.

Tara: Bearers of a 400 year long alliance with Carelia, Very religious, led by a Holy Figure, not a king.

Ebon Forces

Greilia: Fairly small nation, mostly a buffer zone to Falasan. Relatively small military, recently with a new King, mostly an asset and feared for their highly specialized assassins and spies.

Falasan: Highly militarized, Largest military in the world, and well trained to boot. Years of fighting Barbarian hoards to it's Eastern boarder along the coast has trained it's soldiers well. They have even managed to assimilate some of the barbarians into their military. Led by what many consider to be a maniac.

Now I needed some figures to put into the world, nothing too heavy, just an idea to get the first encounters set up, and help the Players RP a little.

Notable Figures Section:

Carelia:

King Garthon: Warrior King who has retired. Lost an arm in battle and resides to watching the kingdom, though he is a bit of a scatter-brain when it comes to defense, his lack of an arm is a perfect testament to that.

Tiger Generals:

Maximus Hubris: (Fighter 6) - Proud, snobbish, Legend of the battlefield. Famous for fighting on the frontlines with his men.

Tristan Kerth: (Wizard 6) - Chief Tactician of Carelia, Quiet, A Leper who hides himself in his cloaks.

Sabriel Leshan: (Cleric 5) Holy Advisor to Carelia, an integrated Emissary from Tara.

Tarahask McCost: (Rogue 4) Unofficial addition to the Tiger Generals, Operates in shady dealings and the counter-spy network in Carelia.

Notable Figures - A.S.I

King Mok: Tribal leader, very aggressive, though honorable to his allies. His people converted by Tara to follow The Radiance many years ago.

Notable Figure - Tara

His Holiness Albaster: Near Decrepit spiritual leader of Tara. Peaceful, though he has recently called a crusade and started conscripting peasants to defeat The Ebon.

Notable Figures - Greilia

King Horus: (Warlord 5) A young king who has been strung along by Falasan and it's king. He has recently come to power through means of a Coup. His skills in the Martial arts and reputation as a strong tactician is what made the Coup successful. Knowing his army to be weak, he invested more money and time in his Spy Network, making it a force to be feared by all nations.

Wolf Pack - Remulus, Romulus, Loki, Hunter (All Rogue 3)

A group of well trained assassin and spy division leaders. Often found with Serk Maddigan when not on direct duty.

Serk Maddigan (Rogue 5)

High skilled Spy and Assassin who has carried out various mission. killed the previous king of Greilia with ease, and has run numerous missions in the name of Greilia and Falasan.

Notable Figures - Falasan

King Grehk: (Warrior 7) Imposing figure, A certifiable madman. Very powerful and skilled fighter. Master at the art of building an army, and moving them fairly effectively.

Cobra Commanders (G.I JOE!!!)

Zurich Faust: (Warlord 6) Keen warrior who sits behind his men and gives ordres. does not speak often, leaving that to his boisterous right hand man and fellow general.

???(Germ): (Warlock 6) A clothed figure who is rarely seen, mostly due to his inclination to kill anything and anything that talks to him, even his subordinates.

Basher Maddigan: (Fighter 6) Brother to Serk Maddigan, of the Maddigan house, a prominent house that auctions its sons off to be great warriors. The two most prominent have gained general-ship. Very loud, and a good friend of Zurich.

Soooooo...This is all I have so far. Any suggestions on how I should continue from here, Any constructive criticism?

Thanks for your time and input ahead of time.