Hijacked

Curious Key

Having a listen in with the Ratcopters Microphones: 

Super Senses 13 (Analytical all hearing, Accurate Radar, Extended Radar, Extended All Hearing, Radio, Ultrahearing, Penetrating Hearing)

Listening in on Warehouse 450, taking 20 on notice for 31. Can hear through walls. BUT! Happy for you to fiat that away if you feel it would be best!

PLOT!

Seriously I am not sure. Whatever suits best for drama and stuff. Driving to the Safehouse probably half an hour at that time of night and with her fairly good driving skills. Grabbing two pistols and costime change probably a minute. 

Flying over would be minutes too, I think. The Ratcopter is 500mph flight, so it wouldn't take long to reach anywhere in Bedlam?

At a guess 45 minutes, but feel free to expand or contract that according to your PLOT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Initiative Order

Operative 02 - 14

Wolframe Operatives [5] - 17

Red Rat - 13

Mechabeasts [9] - 9

The operatives are clearly not expecting to see you here, so they're going to forego their first round, because you're an unexpected element. I'm going to give you a hero point for that, because knowing Red Rat's prerogatives I think she's going to regard that as a negative, because the mechabeasts are not hesitating at all.

Cause this seems like it would be a bit unfair to red rat and the operatives if this was all shaken out normally, I've messed with a couple things about how combat'll work this time to try to make it more interesting. The unspecified operatives are all minions, and so are the mechabeasts. Only Operative 02 is not a minion. The Mechabeasts are going to descend on the operatives with intent to kill, but it's going to work like this: once any operative has failed a toughness save, they count as not dead but unconscious. With An uninterrupted full action a mechabeast can finish off a downed Operative. The operatives are using what would normally be lethal force as well, but they seem quite intent on the machines, rather than the people, so that may not matter to Red. 

Edited by Curious Key

Thank you!

Well they are all a bunch of thugs as far as the Rat is concerned, so...

Move action: Take cover (I guess partial cover?)

Standard action: Fire High Ex Round into a bunch of them. (Area effect Damage 5)

At the moment she considers Op2 relatively benign so trying to avoid him for now, but with a bit of luck thinning the herd, so to speak. 

Alright, since your area burst looks like it's only about 25 feet, and the robots are real spread out, you can't get a lot of them. I'll say you got three of the closest, while clipping the edge of the operatives. Let's say you get two of them in range. I'll roll for the operatives first.

Agent 03 Reflex - 18 SUCCESS

Agent 03 Toughness - 18 Success again!

Agent 04 Reflex - 8 FAILED

Agent 04 Toughness - 21 Annnnd he makes it by a nose!

Machine 1 Reflex - 7  expected faaaaail

Machine 2 Reflex - 19 unlikely success

However, that amount of damage doesn't seem to be enough to overcome their impervious either way . . .

Eight of the mechabeasts march toward the operatives. One is going to turn and try to get at red rat. It seems to be using its exposed wires to use some kind of stun attack.

Machine 3 Attack - 21 I'mma be real i did not expect it to get that high. Still, it misses!

Four of the eight others reach the operatives. The rest are still running!

Machine 1 Attacks 03! - 13 Swing and miss.

Machine 2 Attacks 03 like it's going out of style - 18 Hit!

Can 03 beat 25 toughness? - 9 ABSOLUTELY not. Down!

Machine 4 Attacks 04 - 26 Oh dang, that's a crit. Luckily they're minions, so i don't think they get bonus damage.

Toughness - 23 So close! But he still goes down. 

Machine 5 goes around and attacks 05 - 9 Good, someone's gonna live today.

The remaining operatives minion operatives engage!

05 Pulls out some kind of stun baton  and hits Machine 5 with it - 12 . . . Or not. Agile machines!

06 opens fire on machine 1 - 18 That'll hit!

Can Machine 1 beat 21? - 15 No! Down.

Which leaves 07 to fire on machine 2 - 22 Hit!

Does it go down? - 25 It does not!

Which makes it 02's turn. She pulls out some kind of electrified nightstick and leaps into the fray, attacking Machine 2 - 18

It looks like electricity does not agree with the machine at all! Can it beat a 24? - 27 Apparently it can. 

General Status - (AKA Wow i put too many characters in here)

Init Order

17 - Wolframe Operatives [3] 

14 - Operative 02 

13- Red Rat 

9 - Mechabeasts [8] 

Operative 02: Unharmed

Operative 03: Down

Operative 04: Down

Operative 05 Unharmed, Engaged with Machine 5

Operative 06 Unharmed

Operative 07 Unharmed

Machine 1: Scrap Metal

Machine 2: Engaged with 02

Machine 3: Engaged with Red Rat

Machine 4: Looming over 04, Unharmed

Machine 5: Engaged with 05

Machine 6: Running toward the operatives

Machine 7: Running toward the operatives

Machine 8: Running toward the operatives

Machine 9: Running toward the operatives

Which brings it back around to Rat's turn. Next I'll try to turn this into an actual post. Yeeesh. And to think I thought the combat would be too simple. Well . . . If things remain as they are 04 is dead meat. Those who are loomed over them are clear in their intentions. 

Edited by Curious Key

That hit beats their impervious anyway! Let's see...

27. Yeeesh, the dice are not being kind today. It takes the hit, but keeps going.

Let's see. For her attempts to appeal to whatever is talking over the intercom, I think, maybe . . . A quick diplomacy roll? i know this kind of violates the action economy but I think it fits the moment. The higher the better, but you're aiming for a DC15 . . . It REALLY wants to kill them.

Looks like the machines are all pausing in indecision as a result of Rat's words! They lose their next turn. Which safeguards poor 04's life, for now.

They might have even stayed paused, except the operatives are still focused on getting rid of them.

05 is going to take a swing at machine 5! 13 Yeah, that doesn't connect.

06 is taking fire on machine 4! 15 You're supposed to be accuracy shifted! Miss.

07 does the same. 19 A hit, barely!

Can Machine 4 beat 21? 15 No, they apparently cannot! Down it goes.

Which brings us around to 02.

She's going to go after Machine 2 again. 14 Wow, orokos REALLY doesn't like them

General Status - (AKA Wow i put too many characters in here)

Init Order

17 - Wolframe Operatives [3] 

14 - Operative 02 

13- Red Rat 

9 - Mechabeasts [7] 

Operative 02: Unharmed

Operative 03: Down

Operative 04: Down

Operative 05 Unharmed, Engaged with Machine 5

Operative 06 Unharmed

Operative 07 Unharmed

Machine 1: Scrap Metal