Hijacked

The Red Rat

"Witness? Witness? That isn't good" said the Rat, thinking aloud. "And it also sounds pretty incriminating. The law like to protect witnesses. Not shoot them"

That helped make sense of it. A little bit. But on the other hand, she didn't like those robot things looking ready to rip flesh from bone and throats from necks. These guys were thugs, but she didn't want a pile of corpses just yet. 

She vaulted over a work station and ducked behind it. 

Ammunition: High Explosive Round...

She ordered one of her smart guns. With barely a look, she fired the round into a pack of thugs and robots, and bore witness to the booming explosion that ripped through the building...

THere wasn't a lot of room where the packs of operatives and machines overlapped, so Rat picked a place in the middle and fired. There was a flesh of fire and light. In the aftermath, two of the operatives looked a little worse for wear, but otherwise fire. On closer examination, their gear looked positively fancy. Wolfram might have been in Bedlam, but it produced some of the highest quality weaponry out there, and apparently they hadn't skimped on outfitting this little excursion. 

But here it might not have been enough.Of the weird mechanical amalgamations, four of them lumbered into close range of the operative. They raised their haphazard limbs and swung. The operatives in front tried to draw some sort of electrical batons to bat away their blows, but it was too little too late. They were big and clumsy but hit like a truck, literally, smashing two of the operatives into the floor while the operatives in the back barked fire from what Rat recognized as assault rifle fire. One of the machines at the front line fell, but two remained, taking positions above the fallen operatives while sharp things closed in on them from above. 

The operative who'd barked into her coms about a 'witness' reached into her belt and pulled out a silvery rod which quickly extended into a staff. She literally leaped over her comrades, her staff flashing with electrical discharge as she brought it down, hard, on a machine leaning over her comrades. It looked like it hurt. Nevertheless, the machine was unphased, but turned its attention from its prey to its assailant, apparently unwilling to continue the process while someone was actively fighting with it so close.

"I willtryto understand yourpredisposition toward aidinghumanityabovemachinery once the Wardens havebeenpacified/expelled/KILLED.Butuntil such atime, either helpme destroy them or STAY OUT OF IT!" One of the machines had stopped in front of Rat, reaching toward her with limbs that sparked with electricity that looked like it would have given a real nasty shock. It came at her surprisingly fast...

Edited by Curious Key

GM

"And I will try to understand what the hell is going on here once your machines stop trying to bit me with electro-teeth!" reported the Rat. 

Load Ammunition: Rocket Round...

She fired a slug right into the machine in front of her, full power, dead on. Their armour was thick, it seemed, but the rocket rounds were designed to penetrate steel. 

In a fluid momevent she turned to one side after firing and vaulted over some more machinery. Keep mobile!

"I don't want anyone to die!" she told the artificial intelligence (at least, that was what she wanted). "So whose side are you on? I don't like the look of these goons, but I don't want you killing them. Or you killing me, either. If you can do that for me, I'm on your side!"

She had to jump one way or the other, after all...

The machines seemed to relax, their massive limbs stopped thrashing, their 'feet' no longer trudging along. A harsh sound came from the intercom as it emitted almost painful static. "How can I?" It said. With how it seemed to love to used borrowed voices, it was hard to properly measure its frustration, but it seemed quite bother. "How can I makeyou understand whatthey are? To me? To you?To free—"

But the operatives had not stopped. Those engaged in melee tried their hardest to strike the robots down, but ultimately their hits went wide. The gunmen in the back had better luck, pepper the machine that had been hanging over their comrade with fire until gunfire tore through its innards, causing it to leak some kind of hydraulic fluid as it toppled.

"No no nO NO NO!"

The Rat

Goddamn it and blast!

Boldly, the Rat stood up, and fired into the air several times to get attention.

"Listen up! I've walked into a war! I get that. But I'm not here to kill or destroy. I'm here to try and keep the peace. Which I cannot do if you guys are rending each other to shreds..."

She pointed one gun at the robots, one at the operatives. 

"So the next man, or machine, that moves, is my enemy. You get that? The next thing that even looks like its going to fire a gun or snap their jaws, that's the person who broke the peace. And that's my enemy. So unless you want me tipping the scales against you...and believe me, you don't want that....you better stop moving, and start explaining!"