High Note (OOC)

Supercape

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Rose! Geography and PbP are not an easy match. 

In my head...which is not something we need to follow, but is in my head:

Wayward and the team left the top floor via the emergency door which lead to some stairs. 

These stairs are at the side of the building, and next to to the windows showing the high up view. 

The drones have been buzzing outside the window and have now shot out the glass. 

Asuming you dont a) jump out the broken windows or b) reverse, go back up the stairs onto the roof, there are two obvious directions

1. Open the door to the top floor (i.e. below the roof) of the building. On the basis Wayward and group have managed to descend one floor level on the stairs. 

2. Continue down the stairs to the level below, albeit with the drones flying around outside. 

Of course if you have any ideas (like throwing a drum cymbal like a discus into one of the drones), I'm good with that!

• 2 weeks later...

Imma assume we're skipping the rolling of initiative on this one, and just go on to my turn.

Val has Leaping.  Gonna use that, and switch up my other array to strength, for hitting harder.  Jumping on a drone, and hitting it with a stick.  I reckon that's movement mode, rather than an acrobatics check, but I strongly suspect the part that requires acrobatics checks is coming soon enough.

Staff Attack: 1d20+12 25

If that's a hit, which I'm guessing it is, that's a DC 23 toughness versus damage.  Here's hoping the situation isn't complicated by the drone having a self destruct feature or Hacky Sack turns off its hover as soon as Val's standing on it or something.

Yep, this is that grey area between narrative and combat!

And that is incidentally awesome. 

As they are minions I think we can waive some of the regular checks. Especially as that is such a bold move it has caught the Drone Commander by surprise. 

Also the toughness save is only +4, so the drone is destroyed. 

However, that means she is sitting in mid-air on a destroyed drone!!!! What she gonna do? Dum dum daaaaah!

Cool!

We shall now say the stairwell is under partial visual concealment [Smoke descriptor]

The piloting back is a rocky one, so a DC 20 Toughness save for Val from the impact. 

Broadly speaking that boldness would cost an HP. But you get one for it being bold. So yeah!

And you are up again. 

As far as Val can tell, the doors are automated so not strictly "opened", however - as to what has entered, perhaps you could also throw me a stealth roll?

If you want to straight out confront "it" then no roll needed. If you want to get eyes on first (without being spotted herself), add in a stealth roll?

You can also pick up anything you would like here (feel free to narrate anything like a golden lamp-shade, kitchen knife, or iced champagne bottle!)