So the other day in the chat room, the CW's Legends of Tomorrow came up, and someone mentioned how cool it would be to have a team like that, even though that would probably involve more time travel than is safe or convenient to roleplay. I agreed it would be cool, and suggested my own PC Ditra Fifty-Five might be a good fit for such a team. I said this in part because I really like the character, but the space side of our campaign hasn't really clicked for me, probably because I never followed the space storylines before, and I always feel like I'm playing catch up.

But then another idea struck me; what about a team that specialized in visiting other Earths? I don't know if there's enough ideas or GMs out there to make it work, but the idea of a team flying between alternate dimensions in a Waverider-type ship appeals to me. Anyone else find the idea intriguing?

Edited by Heritage

I'd be intrested in getting Deoxy involved in some capacity, He's undegoing a major reworking at the moment to be a bit more focused on the energy projection aspects and genius intellect possibly as a occasional guest, since im hitting silver this month and i intend to get a base for him and buy off facsimiles equipment i'd still have a few points spare to put into the ship.

9 hours ago, Ari said:

I'd like to offer my Red Moon for this one. I have several points to put into the ship with them, and frankly they aren't much use on this Earth anyway.

That sounds like an awesome idea! So at this point, potentially, we would have Doctor Deoxy, Red Moon, Ditra Fifty-Five and Solar Sentinel as either core members or auxiliaries/guest stars; that's a pretty cool and diverse line-up!

The big hurdle would be coming with explanations of how they all meet (Ditra and Sentinel know each other, but I think that's it), where they get the ship from, and who or what gives them their transdimensional focus. Any ideas, Tiff, secret or otherwise?

Edit: oh, one idea I had was that for some reason, Ditra gets assigned to be a Coalition ambassador to Earth, so there's one possible thread for the tapestry.

Edited by Heritage

I love this idea myself!  Don't have anyone to contribute to it, but I'll definitely be reading their adventures!  Though I suppose in the future if you're looking for guest stars Spitfire has done more than his fair share of dimension hopping and Prince Ak'kar could lend aid to any space themed stuff y'all do since he has his own ship

36 minutes ago, BlazingCoconut said:

I would happily make someone for this idea, but it seems like you're pretty full already.

I wouldn't say we're full yet; we only have four named characters and a few people who've mentioned interest. Also, you could always GM!

Edited by Heritage

I have an idea of how they get the ship, enough that I can start when you ready, all I need to start is Dita and maybe a Earth representive, for which Solar Sentinal (and Red Moon maybe) would do fine. Once the setup is done we can work out how others get involved as we go along.

And obviously once everything is setup other are more than welcome to come play in our multi-dimensional sandbox :D

• 1 month later...