Room of Danger (fourth edition)

So, then. Moira Morley (alias the superheroic Scion) found herself on a wide beach. It stretched to her front and back seemingly endlessly. To her left was a tropical jungle. To her right was the ocean. How did she get here? Gods (perhaps literally) only knew. Where was she? Again, gods only knew. At least it was a cloudless day, and the sun was bright. The only thing preventing her from relaxing and maybe going for a swim was the guy about ten feet down the beach from her. He was approaching quickly, and (one more time, because why not) gods only knew who he was or what he wanted.

Dream? Maybe, but it was a good dream. The warm embrace of Apollo's sun on her skin though, it felt very real. Maybe she would meet her love here. She loved the bikini that came with the setting. She modeled it off to no one in particular. She was about to sit down and catch some rays, but apparently there was someone else here. It was not Apollo. He looked a bit overdressed for the setting. "Hail stranger," she said as he walked towards her, "maybe you know the reason why I'm," she chuckled, "why we're here?" Though he looked like he was walking with authority. Maybe he didn't want to talk at all. Faster and faster he approached, "alright, let's do this then!" She got ready for the impact.

Edited by Moira Morley

As the man got closer, Moira could see the savagely joyful expression on his face. “The name’s Pyros. Here’s why.” He threw a ball of pure fire at Moira, which exploded on impact. It should have incinerated both of them (barring superheroic dodging and/or damage tolerance). It didn’t even ruffle Pyros’s hair. In fact, he seemed to think it was the funniest thing he’d seen all day. “I do not get tired of that.” The flames were so hot, where Moira had been standing was glassed over.

As the fire cleared, Moira pounced forward towards the fire controller, "you know what I never get tired of, Firefly," she said rushing toward him, swing wildly but with force enough to know she meant business. "Punks who think they can ruin my fun." She shook her head, "nah, I always get tired of that."

She snarled threateningly, "now do you know why we're here or am I going to actually have to beat this information out of you?" She assumed a stance that he'd not seen before. She was going to take him down one way or the other.

This is not what Replica expected to see after completing her internal diagnostic. Instead of her optics showing that she was still in her procured lab, she was on a beach she'd never been before. Before she could truly access the situation and ponder the possibility that this could be her experiencing the human phenomenon of dreaming for the first time, she saw three figures close by, one of which was just finished attacking the others with pyrokinetic abilities. Replica booted up her combat systems and sprung into action.

At first, Pyros looked pleased that Moira had survived his firebomb unscathed. Then she spoke, and he looked at her like she was the world’s biggest idiot. “C’mon, Sexy. I just threw an exploding fireball at your face. It was fun, sure, but I didn’t do it for no reason.” Suddenly his entire body burst into intense flames, and an absolutely manic gleam flared in his eyes. “Welcome to the Combat Zone, Sexy.” As his words died away he unleashed an absolute wall of fire directly at Moira. Then he threw a glance at Replica. “I was told this was a one on one. What are you-“ And just as suddenly as she appeared, Replica wasn’t there anymore. “Well, that was weird. Hey, Sexy. You alive over there?”

What in Tartaras was this? Something... someone blinked in for a moment, took a swipe, and then blinked out. "That wasn't anything of mine," she said completely thrown for a loop. That moment was enough, Pyro looked like a big blazing inferno. Moira flinched. Not fear, mind you, reflexes. Warrior reflexes. Yeah, that was it. She smiled, "was that a fire," followed by a big hearty laugh. "Oh Junior, you have no Idea how much fire I've taken." She pulled her punch a bit. While she was adept to Apollo's embrace while she was on Olympus, fire was something she had to look out for down here. It was more of a swipe.

"Alright, Sparky, you wanna get you some," she jumped into the air over into the crystal clear water. She beckoned him  "Come on in, Hotpants, water's fine!" It was enough that she and maybe he would have to tread water.

Pyros blinked. That was a heck of a jump. He was honestly impressed. Also, he savored the well toned physique flying through the air in a bikini. What? He was a pyromaniac, not dead. “Water’s not the only thing that’s fine around here, Hot Stuff.” He casually walked into the water until it was up to his waist. “You know, distance isn’t but so much of a problem for me.” He charged up another firebomb and threw it. “Course, all that water blunts the power a bit. Not that I mind. Sometimes the good things in life take longer to bake. Ain’t that right, Babycakes?”

Edited by EternalPhoenix

"Son of a," this water thing gave her little advantage other than being a target! The ball of flame hit her clean and singed her pretty good. If she wasn't in the ocean, she was sure that would have hurt a lot more. "well, enough of this. Apollo, love," she called to her one of her Olympian contacts.

"Oh I see what's going on," he said mirthfully.

"Yes, dear," she called back lovingly, "can't I get a ride to the shore? Maybe a steed or a chariot. A little show of power!"

"Let's see about that," he said thoughtfully.

A horse made of pure blazing sun carrying a gleaming metal chariot appeared above her. "Oh i owe you, love," she said sing-song as she stepped up into the vehicle, "I got some projects just waiting to be finished. In your name, Apollo." She strapped the horse  and it flew towards the shore.

Unsurprisingly. Pyros’s first thought after seeing a horse made of what appeared to be the sun itself was “Can I burn it?” To that end, he unleashed a literal wall of fire easily several dozen feet high. More than high enough to catch Scion on her horse and chariot. “Burn, baby! BURN!” He howled like a complete pyromaniac. Which, to be fair, was exactly what he was. “How do you like that, Sweet Thing?” He had been wet before, from the ocean. The sheer heat he’d just put off put an end to that more or less instantly.

Apollo's Sun Chariot only lasted long enough to get her to the shore. Not that The Flamebinger had any frame of reference. Moira tried to swerve out of the way of the wall, but she pulled to quickly and landed right in the fire. Though it left a lot to be desired as they barely made a mark. "Sure thing, Hot Pocket," she said with a leap in the air to where the hothead stood. Slamming directly into his gut she heard something crack. She smiled wickedly, "I'm about to put out a fire," she said pressing the advantage and trying to drag him down.

Scion dragged Pyros to the sand. “Ooh, I didn’t know you liked me so much.” Yes, the previous blow hurt, quite a bit actually. Felt like a rib cracked, maybe. But Pyros had an image to maintain, and crumpling in agony would ruin it. “I gotta warn you, Sweet Sister. You go grabbing me like that, I’ll get all warmed up.” With that, his entire body caught on fire. “And when I get all warmed up, Chickadee…I’m just too hot to handle!”

As the fireman lit up, Moira saw her fate and clenched. Though it wasn't hot as the other fire. "OK, you almost got me there, Fuego." She rolled over to the side and sat up on her knees. "Combat zone, yeah? I figure one of us has to get knocked out for this to end." She leaned over him looking down, "you seem the type that gets all hot and bothered. Maybe we do some kindling after this? Get you a nice bonfire." Her words flowed out sensually as she flaunted herself over him. Not as good as her mother, but she did learn from the best teaser on Olympus.

“Tch, I kindle just fine.” Pyros’s eyes were locked on the smokin’ female. “And bonfires are weaksauce.” He gave her a dopey grin. “But you know…now that I’m all warmed up,” He sat up and pulled off his shirt…which didn’t incinerate the moment it left his body. The flames coating him hadn’t ceased, either. “We can give it a shot. I’m all for it, Superbabe.”

She stopped for a moment when he pulled off his shirt. Not only was he hot, he was hot. Hard toned muscle, not a burnt up mess like she thought. "My weakness," she said with a delighted huff. Still, she wasn't so out of it to not notice he was on fire still. She was smitten, not stupid. "Come on, hotness," she said leaning towards him, cajoling him to drop the flame. Her Olympian physique could actually withstand all sorts of hot places, but it was absolute fire that she couldn't.  She was admiring as close as she could without getting burned. "If not, well then, I could watch you burn for a long time."

Edited by Moira Morley

Pyros stood up, brushing sand off himself. “Aw, you flatter me, Twinkie Pie. I’d love to have you as my arm candy, among other things. But you know…I’m already taken.” The flames on his body slowly went out, except for one hand. “She’s a jealous one, my lover. Her temper is, well, it can burn even me.” His hand glowed as if it was molten metal, putting off an incredible amount of sheer heat. “And unlike women of the flesh, she is always hungry for more of me. Here, let me show you how she feels about you.” He reached out to touch Scion’s bare stomach with his burning hand.

Moira looked confused as the fire fiend stood. In hindsight, she should have seen it coming. But no. This guys was more interested in flame than anything else. And here she was hot and ready for the branding. She tried to scramble to her feet, but it was no use. He plunged his hand down on to her bare skin. The pain was unbearable as she let out a scream of agony. It was a pain she had never felt before. Even when she was up on Olympus, there were godly protection. Now? She was less than a god. It would have murdered a normal person. She breathed deep, trying to catch her bearings. He would pay for this. If she could just get to her feet.

Pyros admired his work. “Nice tan line you have there, Sweetness.” Tan line was an immense understatement…yet he hadn’t burned her skin away in that spot. In fact, there seemed to have been an all over effect. While where he’d placed his hand (still burning as hot as molten magma) was very much marked, he could have put said hand into her organs. Instead, her entire skin was burned off down to the pink. “Next time, don’t fall asleep in the sun.” He chucked at his little joke. “That was mean and I apologize. I’m sure you tan responsibly, Eighth Wonder.” He pondered for a moment. “Topless? Now there’s a thought.” He knelt down and placed his burning hand on Scion’s thigh. “Maybe I should stop making my lover jealous? I mean, it’s a blast for me. But setting two gorgeous ladies on each other just seems…wrong.”

There was a flash of heat, and for a moment Scion genuinely thought she was dead. And the she opened her eyes in a large room full of tech. She was laying on a table, not in her bikini but her Scion gear. There were assorted thugs scattered around the room, unconscious. There was someone else there, too. Dark blue bodysuit, a longcoat, and was that a neon orange T? “Are you all right? I’m Terrifica. I don’t believe we’ve met. Take it easy. You’ve been under for hours.” She turned away and tapped at her wrist. “Fourth time in as many weeks. I’m beginning to think I’ll have to talk to the League about this.” She tapped her wrist some more. Apparently it was a computer. “I had no idea you were even here, for the record. Well, you specifically. This being round four, I essentially expect this set up at this point. Though occasionally there’s magic involved.” She sighed lightly. “At any rate, you seem to be uninjured and the boss of these idiots was again not at home when I dropped in. I think I’m going to call it a night.” Terrifica turned on her heel and started to leave.

Edited by EternalPhoenix

The pain was very very real. She could sense this guy getting enjoyment off of this. And if it weren't so painful - she tried so hard for it not to hurt - she'd be right there with him. But no, his hand squeezing her thigh, it was unbearable boiling searing pain. And then everything stopped. Complete blackness. Death? No, the afterlife didn't look like this. She'd been there a few times. Elysium and Tartarus did not have the inky void motif. It was total sensory deprivation. If she had eyes she could see. If she had legs she could run away.

The blackness was lifted and she could feel again, hear... see! Though this was not familiar. Confused she sat up looking at the other costumed hero (was she?) explaining what was happening. The pain was gone, but the questions were just beginning. Getting up, she followed the unknown hero. They discussed what Terrifica knew. Two heads are better than one And if it happened four times already, there was something that needed to be thwarted!