Is Improved Block limited by cap?

Thogphog

Improved Block is not limited by caps (but only applies to normal block actions not the deflect power which is capped in line with defense caps)  Block already swaps out defense for attack which are not on the same cap scale to start with and also costs an action.  

Improved disarm and sunder follow similar logic in that they are primarily used to cancel the penalties for performing those actions.

I believe the bonus on the trip check was removed from Improved trip in errata and it instead forces the opponent to use the worst of strength or dex to resist and prevents them from getting a "free" trip check against you.

30 minutes ago, angrydurf said:

Improved Block is not limited by caps (but only applies to normal block actions not the deflect power which is capped in line with defense caps)  Block already swaps out defense for attack which are not on the same cap scale to start with and also costs an action.  

Improved disarm and sunder follow similar logic in that they are primarily used to cancel the penalties for performing those actions.

I believe the bonus on the trip check was removed from Improved trip in errata and it instead forces the opponent to use the worst of strength or dex to resist and prevents them from getting a "free" trip check against you.

Actually, Improved Throw is what you're thinking of. Improved Trip gives you +4 hit with a to trip and you can't get tripped if you fail.

Yes I think there was errata that unified the feats and removed the bonus.  Which is why the improved trip on the trip power in UP functions as that but I may be wrong and the error was in UP calling it improved trip not improved throw.  I'll see if I can find the errata on it somewhere if no one else remembers better.