Ashcroft's party (OOC)

I'm really not that talented with descriptions. I'm pretty good when I get on a roll but most of the time I'm just average. If there's anything I can improve don't hesitate to point it out. One more thing, I tend to describe in 2'nd person (You do this...) and talk in 1st person (addressing my character as I). I do it without thinking; if that makes anyone uncomfortable I'll try to stop.

I prefer dice rolls linked inside the in-character description. It cuts down on the clutter.

I gave a generic entrance description, if you want to describe your own entrance you're welcome to.

Also, you can take a knowledge (current events) or (popular culture) to see if you know anything about Sir Ashcroft. If you get a 25 or above you know that Sir Ashcroft is a wealthy English investor that recently moved to the Freedom City for "business reasons." He tries to keep a low profile and not much is known about him.

You forgot Gather Information, that skill should provide informaiton on Sir Ashcroft as well. It might even provide information with a lower roll than a knowledge check.

And by the way, the descrption of the grounds sounds far beyond the lifestyle that someone with only two ranks of wealth could afford (have you read the descriptions of the lifestyles that come with the ranks of wealth in the rules?)

You might want to look at the descriptions in this thread on the wealth feat.

I knew someone would call me on that, and I have an explanation. You see the Knights of the Round Table maintain that Sir Ashcroft is a wealthy investor. In actuality, the only money he really has is an allowance the Knights give him. The only things in that house he actually owns are his car parts. The Knights own the rest and can take it away at any moment. I'd say that's more of a requisition than a purchase, and as such is covered by his benefit (membership: Knights of the Round Table) feat.

I thought about gather info, but it's a skill that takes time, and I wasn't sure the characters had time to ask around. If anyone wants to do it, you can. But the DC remains the same.

Well, if you read Barnum's description of the wealth feat, it is supposed to cover your TOTAL lifestlye. But I guess your explanation does make sense (and you do have that benefit).

As to Gather Information, you forget the Well Informed feat, which lets you make Gather Info checks on the spot. And my character does have the feat.

Also, a 100' tall foyer is rather unreasonably high. At 12-15 feet per floor, that is anywere from an 8 to 6 story building. It is unlikely the rest of the house is more than three stories, so it would be rather disportionate.

Anyway, Megan's Gather Info Check is a 27.

Also, a 100' tall foyer is rather unreasonably high. At 12-15 feet per floor, that is anywere from an 8 to 6 story building. It is unlikely the rest of the house is more than three stories, so it would be rather disportionate.

You're probably right, I just have this picture in my head of that dome at the top sliding back and Neo-Knight jetting out (not going to happen until he upgrades his flight power a little bit, 25 MPH isn't exactly a climactic takeoff). Anyway, judging by his garage, he'll probably just drive. I'll lower it to 50 feet.

P.S. Thanks for all the constructive criticism. I've only ever run one game before so I'm just getting used to making up stuff that works.

Guess what? Lullaby hasn't been accepted yet.

Your gonna have to wait for your singer to come along...

That's ok, I'm not sure how fast PBP moves in this forum, but I've been running one on another forum for a couple months and we're still on out first adventure.

Fifty feet does make more sense, it is still larger than the rest of the house (and thus dramatic) but not overly so. You can still rocket off through the dome with that height :)

Anyway, I'm working on my post right now, just taking a bit of time at the moment as I am in a bar review lecture.