Ronin

"How the hell you get up there?" said Ronin, mainly to himself. But it was a silly question. This was some crazy $£!% and he wasn't dealing with punks, terrorists, or crooks. This was something eldritch or super powered. And quite possibly both. 

Makes no odds...ain't gonna let human sacrifice creep into Nancy Street. Not whilst I have breath in my body, anyhow...

He performed an elegant roll, straight under a church bench. Always take cover, if you can! and punched up Katana again. It was a tricky shot, but he took it anyway, letting rip another gust of lead and wind towards the figure at the top of the church. 

"She with you?" he yelled at Lady Horus, although not as accusation. As far as Ronin could tell the floating woman was trying to stop the sacrifice, although she did speak like she had stepped out of a play. 

"Lo, yon villain is no ally of mine, friend gunman!" declared Lady Horus, again sounding like someone from a Shakespearean play rather than a normal person - her voice was resonant and loud as someone speaking through loudspeakers, even though Ronin couldn't even see her eyes past that hawk-faced helmet. "Come, let us do battle with him - I shall keep him off-balance, and when he falls - and he _will_ fall, that is when we strike - together!" Spinning her ankhs around her with alarming speed, she suddenly vanished from sight altogether - and went for her target with nearly supersonic speed. Unfortunately, invisibility and super-speed evidently didn't count for everything they once had - and once again she missed, ankhs invisibly sliding past his head. 

Snot so bad - she decided while rounding the turn for another attack, this time coming in from yet another direction. Keep him dancing - eventually he'll go down. Then we start working on him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Zealot quickly caught on to the flying lady's schtick and growled.

"It is your true colors that have been exposed witch!  Fearing a fair fight?  Fearing the sting of Witchbreaker as you should." For emphasis Zealot held aloft the crackling scourge then whipped it back and forth menacingly, sounds like cracking thunder shaking the air between Zealot and the Sunhawk.  "It is always those who wear such pagan idolotry that show their true nature, the nature of a yellow cur!" Zealot took up a defensive stance and waited, doing his best to keep an eye on the Sunhawk and Ronin below.

Ronin

Seeing a lull in the fight, Ronin slowly took his trigger off Katana, keeping under cover and keeping unblinking eyes fixed in bullseye gaze on Zealot. 

Was there some trick afoot? Was Zealot bluffing, buying time? He did not risk a glance at the body that had been laid out for sacrifice. 

"Well I ain't fearin' a fair fight....and I'll blow your head off if you make a move, mister" he said, coldly like iced gravel. Not that he would blow her head off, but it sounded cool. And more effective than the mercy shot in the loading chamber. 

"And if we talkin' about pagan, how about you explain your witchcraft hoodoo human sacrifice?"

Edited by Supercape