[Announcement] Barnum is scaling back.

Barnum

FYI . . . I am going to be scaling back my duties here at FC:PbP, effective immediately. I will be finishing out all of my commitments as a GM and player, but beyond that I will only be handling the technical aspects of the site. So if you have questions about . . . anything that isn't related to the technical operation of the message board, direct it to one of our excellent Staff Members.

I will still be around spamming up the site . . . just not in an official capacity. :D

Wow! It sounds like your time away was productive, in that it gave you time to think about what you need to do with your life and where you need to be. I'm with nariek on this, your reduced prescence will be felt, though I'm comforted that you will be our 'guardian tech spirit', as it were :D

Barnum, though you and I often don't seem to meet eye-to-eye on things -- in fact it at times seems to me like we speak entirely different languages -- I have always respected you for the strength of your convictions and your ceaseless efforts to improve this place, both in a technical sense and in a "spirit of community" sense. I truly hope nothing I've said or done has caused you pain or grief, and sincerely apologize if anything has. As was said, your absence will definitely be felt by everyone.

I, too, will miss your presence on the board. It won't be quite the same without you... what do you do again? :)

But seriously, it sucks to see you go outside of an official capacity, and I hope it was just that you decided it was time to move on, and not something I said or did. Good luck on the outside, Bar!