OOC: Rules Questions

Griffalo

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, next question: when throwing an object away, does that count as a move action or a standard action? For example, if X threw a bottle at Y with the intent to attack, then that would be considered a standard action. However, if X just wants to toss the bottle away and not targeting Y at all, would that be considered "manipulating an object" (MnM p. 157) and thus a move action?

Okay, next question: when throwing an object away, does that count as a move action or a standard action? For example, if X threw a bottle at Y with the intent to attack, then that would be considered a standard action. However, if X just wants to toss the bottle away and not targeting Y at all, would that be considered "manipulating an object" (MnM p. 157) and thus a move action?

As an attack, throwing something is considered a standard action. The same is true if you're throwing something at a specific target, like a football. Simply dropping something on the ground is a free action.

I'm guessing this is in reference to disarming, where you're looking to throw the offending weapon "away", wherever away might be. I'd say that a move action is appropriate.

As an attack, throwing something is considered a standard action. The same is true if you're throwing something at a specific target, like a football. Simply dropping something on the ground is a free action.

I'm guessing this is in reference to disarming, where you're looking to throw the offending weapon "away", wherever away might be. I'd say that a move action is appropriate.