OOC: Rules Questions

Griffalo

I am thus assuming that what you are saying is that it has been ruled otherwise for the purposes of this campaign site? ?"

Nope.

Because had you asked . . .

Are the Refs going to approve characters with continuous powers in arrays bought specifically for the purpose of getting the Alternate Power discount and avoiding the obvious Alternate Power drawback?"

. . . the answer would also be no.

BUT, had you asked . . .

Would you allow an existing player to use a Hero Point to create a continuous Alt Power that's effects would remain after switching powers in the array?"

. . . the answer would be yes.

;)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm slightly unclear on how Impervious Toughness works, evidently. I was under the impression that, Penetrating damage aside, whatever level of Impervious you possessed reduced the power of an incoming attack by that much - to the base 15 toughness save. For example, If I am hit by a +12 attack and I have +10 Protection, all Impervious, I only have to save vs. a DC 17 hit. (DC 27 minus 10) However, I'm unsure if that's the case now. What's the real deal?

I'm slightly unclear on how Impervious Toughness works, evidently. I was under the impression that, Penetrating damage aside, whatever level of Impervious you possessed reduced the power of an incoming attack by that much - to the base 15 toughness save. For example, If I am hit by a +12 attack and I have +10 Protection, all Impervious, I only have to save vs. a DC 17 hit. (DC 27 minus 10) However, I'm unsure if that's the case now. What's the real deal?

Impervious stops any attacks that are lower than it completely (unless, as you stated there is penetrating attacks). So, someone with +10 impervious toughness does not need to make a toughness save against any attack of +9 or less. An attack equal to, or higher than the levels of imperivous requires a normal toughness save (the imperfious does nothing to the attack at all).

The only wy to reduce a toughness save in the way your thinking is with absorption or bouncing. Someone with 8 ranks of absorption physical would only roll at 17 DC toughness save against a +10 damage punch, as the first +8 would be soaked up by the absorption, so only +2 would get by.

Impervious stops any attacks that are lower than it completely (unless, as you stated there is penetrating attacks). So, someone with +10 impervious toughness does not need to make a toughness save against any attack of +9 or less. An attack equal to, or higher than the levels of imperivous requires a normal toughness save (the imperfious does nothing to the attack at all).

The only wy to reduce a toughness save in the way your thinking is with absorption or bouncing. Someone with 8 ranks of absorption physical would only roll at 17 DC toughness save against a +10 damage punch, as the first +8 would be soaked up by the absorption, so only +2 would get by.