OOC: Rules Questions

Griffalo

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder whether the math on my sheet is right.

See, I originally cribbed the powers from Instant Superheroes. Two of the Alternate Powers for Weather Control is:

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.

Now, the Visual Obscure is fine since that's 2pp / rank, the same as Weather Control. However, since auditory counts as 1 sense type, shouldn't that be 1 pp/rank and therefore I potentially have Obscure (Auditory) 20?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I originally cribbed the powers from Instant Superheroes. Two of the Alternate Powers for Weather Control is:

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.

Now, the Visual Obscure is fine since that's 2pp / rank, the same as Weather Control. However, since auditory counts as 1 sense type, shouldn't that be 1 pp/rank and therefore I potentially have Obscure (Auditory) 20?

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.

*Cos puts on best Beard voice*

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong (I don't have my books on hand), but if the Auditory obscure is an alternate power of Weather Control, as you say, I don't believe that it's PL can be more than the original weather control PL, which would be 10, I assume. It would still only cost 10pp, though, as opposed to the Visual obscure which would cost 20pp.

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.

Now, forgive me if I'm wrong (I don't have my books on hand), but if the Auditory obscure is an alternate power of Weather Control, as you say, I don't believe that it's PL can be more than the original weather control PL, which would be 10, I assume. It would still only cost 10pp, though, as opposed to the Visual obscure which would cost 20pp.

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.

Obscure (Visual) 10

Obscure (Auditory) 10.