Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

  1. Past hour
  2. GM "And will I be able to control this Beast?" Neil asked. Kayara did not immediately respond, turning her gaze towards the billowing smoke. Then, face still turned, she spoke. "Hakan dabbled in magic he did not understand, a narrative between the comforting light given to mortals and that which lurked beyond the fringes of that light. I have said this many times and perhaps this would be the last." She turns her gaze back, somehow managing to look down at Neil even if he stood a head higher than her. "The Beast is me and I am the Beast. Yet we are not one and the person." "Like two sides of the same coin, you mean." Neil interrupted her, looking down at his ring. This time, Kayara paused, considering his words. "Yes, a crude analogy but one that holds value. I hold a measure of control over the coin but the foul brute is its own being and the ring on your finger shows the side where the beast dominates, though a little bit of me is present just as the situation is reversed in your partner grave-robber's ring." She gestured at Neil's ring with a wave of her hand. "We control the rings for now for that band of iron is as much our bodies as your own limbs and beating heart are yours. So all those visions you and her had witnessed, I had willed you to see. It was my life, that temple and one I hoped would still be remembered after all these centuries." "But if you were to die? If it were to die..." Neil replied. "You cannot kill it. Just as mice cannot kill a jungle lion. It would rise up again and again to hunt its prey. But if the ceremony, my sacrifice to return to the greater whole of myself, is completed then the lines would be cut, the once-owners of the rings gone from this plane." "Only then could you begin to wrest control over their promises wrought in iron." There was a lull in the conversation as Neil pondered over Kayara's words. Then he looked up and grinned, the white of his teeth showing. "Then let's do this." At that Kayara matched Neil with a sly smile of her own.
  3. Today
  4. Figures. It would have been too easy if Tsunami had just known where the seller might have been. Of course, he had seen the weapon before, even if it was just the one of them. Made sense that they would only get one. If uncle Ben was the seller, then the prices would probably be high. Of course, Tsunami might be right about it being a local, but he doubted it. This looked too much like the Terminus weapons that uncle Ben had been selling in the desert. He would probably never forget what they had looked like. Not with what had happened after. "I don't think its local." He replied. "If I'm right, it's leftovers from the Terminus Invasion last year. My..." Should he say uncle? Nah, probably not the best thing, if he was hoping for Tsunami to help him. "The seller I'm after was selling tech like this last I saw him. Been trying to find him since then, so I could stop him." So, that meant questioning the would be robbers, if he could wake one of them up. He turned, when Tsunami suddenly yelled for him to get clear. "Huh?" Cassidy could freely admit that he wasn't always the fastest draw, but right now, he was not ready at all. He felt himself being pulled, everything started warping and shifting, and all he could do was let out a loud curse, trapped in whatever was happening.
  5. Their chant was hardly original, but Robin had to admit that it was kind of catchy, and better yet, it did get everyone's attention. The Wall and his people were pushing it a bit. They really didn't need to force their way through the police and protestors like that, but at least the Wall's size seemed to be enough to have most just move out of the way. Robin was watching from the crowds. Her mask was on, but she had the hood from her hoodie pulled up close, and with the streetlights, most of her face was in shadow, hiding the mask for now. She had spotted Blowfish. It was kind of hard not to do it. And waiting. She didn't like Blowfish's smug look, and she was starting to look forward to wiping it off his face, but the timing had to be right. Jackson had to be there, and they had to do it before any of the officers called a SWAT team or something like that. So, once she spotted Jackson, it was time to make her move. Cell phone in hand, she opened the program and entered the code. This was it, the last chance to back out. But she was already too involved, wasn't she? So, she pushed through the crowds, phone in hand. Get everyone's attention with her suit up. Last button pressed, phone quickly hidden. Henshin time! As the gold and red suit exploded from the Justice Driver belt, Robin called out, pointing a finger into the crowds, straight at Blowfish. "Hey Blowfish, why are you hiding in the crowds like that? Come to see how your hard work bribing officials and bringing in illegal workers are gonna turn out? Well, I got some news for you, Froggie! It's time for justice!"
  6. I'll be spending those two HP, to be explicit! Set is configuring Shapeshift as Regeneration 5 (Disabled [1 minute]) [5PP]. Recovery Check: 1d20+2 14 Sekhmet's Healing has Stabilize and Regrowth but it doesn't have Affects Objects so she's just trying to see what happens, basically.
  7. Sekhmet took a moment to spit on the tangled mess of tentacles before calling toward the water, "Liesmith! Be thee slain?" Set raised a thumbs up from the mostly submerged heap he'd fallen into, a storm grey eye blinking on the back of his hand. His elbow did not appear to be bending quite the right direction but with a faintly audible grinding of bone-on-bone the limb was twisting itself back into shape. The godling's two normal eyes were shut and his breathing ragged, lips pressed into a thin line. Sekhmet stalked over with a huff and crouched at the edge of the water, hands aglow with a softer yellow light but Set shook his head with a grunt. "Merely... haah... give me... a moment." He swallowed with some difficulty then added quietly enough the he hoped the others wouldn't hear, "I have been attempting to... change my shape. I cannot... cannot rid myself of the growths that way." The warrior goddess screwed her face up in a scowl. "The taint must be scoured, then." He nodded tersely, one shoulder popping back into place with a loud crunch. "See what you can do for our compatriots, if you would." Looking over her shoulder Sekhmet looked between Grimalkin's haggard condition and Strix's corpse and huffed again. She cast one more glance at Set, failing to keep the entirety of her worry from her face but stood up and joined Temperance next to the latter. "Vampires be as varied as carrion birds; the rules of one may be naught to another." She clenched and unclenched her hands a few times, the glow surrounding them intensifying. Reaching down she grabbed Strix by the shoulder and hauled him into the air, pouring divine succour into his undead form.
  8. GM The Grendel's Mother stared for a moment, at the accusing finger of the Master of Misery. She let out a laugh. It was cold and dry. It could almost not be called a laugh at all, and yet, it was one, all the same. "Yes... You have something inside you. Something strange, something powerful, and yet, you know little of the games of myths and legends, do you not?" Her words were harsh, despite her situation. "Who claims these tears? What are their story? These are my treasures, gathered for lifetimes! Why should you bring it back?"
  9. Sounds good to me, and I guess that brings them out of combat, for now.
  10. Yea Was trying to decide what threat to focus on. Move action: Hide in plain sight stealth check 1d20+13 = 30 Standard action: power attack +2 on Sorcerer Three 1d20+5=24 hmmm spend HP as a reaction for Heroic Feat Improved Critical to make that a crit. DC 28 toughness.
  11. Red Lynx froze for a fraction of a second as it went dark before dropping into a low weaving defensive stance as he listened for any telltale movement to fortel an impending blow or reveal a potential target. His weapon swung toward Veronica for a fraction of a second as she laid a hand on his shoulder before his sight cleared and he let out a low rumble of laughter, "You forget cats can see in the dark." he taunted the shadow agents, "It's where we hunt." he pointed out and continuing his movement whirled out of their line of sight and vanished tumbling to his feet behind them carefully avoiding the shadows lines of sight before he revealed himself with a brutal blow to the back of the staggered sorcerer's head the bulbous tip of his curved club whistling as it cut the air to impact with a satisfying crack.
  12. Reflex save (DC16): 25
  13. @Grumblefloof, @Avenger Assembled: Can I get a DC16 Reflex Save for avoiding the dripping liquid?
  14. RocketLord

    Ink

    GM The room was shaking. Much of the building was, in fact, as Lady Horus smashed her weapon into the floor again and again. The black liquid neared them. It seemed as if it started moving quicker the moment that Lady Horus began trying to break the floor. Now, the building was old. It was not well maintained. And Lady Horus was strong. Or maybe they were just standing on a weak spot. Seconds before the liquid would have reached them, Lady Horus struck one final blow, and the area of the floor directly underneath Lady Horus and Mr. Strix gave away, sending them falling down to the floor below. The black liquid was not far behind, however, beginning to drip down from above.
  15. The ghostly figure was among them in a blink of an eye and where his fists landed the low rent goons fell like wheat before the scythe. Behind the distracted vampire the killer left to his own devices quietly retrieved the well used .45 from a fallen comrade and pulled himself to his feet uncertainty. Two of the cohort attacking from above managed to scramble to their feet after being tossed up a flight of stairs and promptly turned to flee upwards away from the devil below. They rounded the corner and found themselves breathless and face to face with Judex hulking form and the untouched Dr. Thorne. Strix hadn't but a moment to appreciate his handiwork before he felt the barrel of the illicit handgun pressed to the back of his head, "Night Night assho-" click... the silence as the gun jammed in his hand was deafening and strix could almost hear as the murderous junkies heart began pounding in his chest as he realized how close he'd gotten to the monster.
  16. Magic Mesa In the Painted Desert of Arizona, not far from the town of Red Rocks, stands a lone monolith, a tower of rock that rises above the deserts sands. It is the Magic Mesa, a place of power, where time and space hold little sway. A multiversal nexus, a well of mystic power and insight, many would seek to control the Mesa. So far, they have all failed: Those seek to exploit the power of the Magic Mesa finds that it is guarded to this day. Location and Appearance The Magic Mesa is located in Arizona's Painted Desert that runs from the East end of the Grand Canyon National park, stretching Southeast into the Petrified Forest National Park. The area is generally only accessible on foot or by going off road, aside from a few major highways running through the area. The Painted Desert is known for its varied colors, ranging from common red rock to the lavender, in beautiful painted landscapes. The town of Red Rocks is named for the distinct color and stone formations around it. While now mostly a tourist stop for visitors to the Painted Desert, it was once a frontier town known for prospectors, rail wars and gunfights. Aside from a few scattered homes, Red Rocks is the settlement closest to the Magic Mesa, and at times, people from other times and places will pass through. Such is life in Red Rocks, and the locals have come to accept such, or leave their homes behind. A few scattered settlers make the area near the Magic Mesa their home, seemingly moving with the Mesa itself as it moves. Their prolonged exposure to the power of the Magic Mesa have changed them in many ways. Most have increased longevity, and many quite mad. The Magic Mesa itself stands as a dark tower in the desert, rising far above the sand. The exact location of the Magic Mesa seems to change, but it will always remain closer to Red Rocks than any other settlement. It casts a long shadow, which seem to be unmoving, even as the sun moves over the sky, remaining even as night falls. The Magic Mesa is filled with caves and passages, both visible and secret. Entering the caves of the Magic Mesa is perilous at best: While a visitor might simply enter the dark cave, leaving unscathed, they could just as well end up in another time and place, including alien worlds and other dimensions. Few know how to navigate these caves to reach their given destination, and fewer yet share this knowledge. Few that seek the Magic Mesa can find it. Others may simply stumble upon it, as they travel through the Painted Desert, for good or for ill. Whatever happens, it is all decided by the Will of the Magic Mesa. Significance The Magic Mesa is the former sanctum of Broken Crow, the Master Mage of his era. The magic energies of the Mesa resurrected Adam Prophet, the Pale Rider, and has possible influenced many more colorful tales of super powered beings in the Old West, and could easily be the source of power for heroes and villains in the future. A long line of guardians have stood watch at the Magic Mesa, reaching as far back as mankind. The identities and abilities of the Magic Mesa's guardians are myriad, though all seem based in the guardian's transformation into a sand elemental. How exactly they use the abilities differ, ranging from being of pure sand with no discernible human shape or mind, to the current guardian, who appears fully human when not actively using his powers. Some could manipulate the sand around them, some only the sand of their own bodies. The Magic Mesa seems to pick its guardians from those that died near it. While the guardians appear to be immortal, rising from the dead if they are killed, there have been a long succession, and the fate of the previous guardians, in particular the predecessor to the current guardian, remains a mystery. The current guardian is Dust Devil II. It is unknown if multiple guardians can exist at the same time, but it is a distinct possibility. The Magic Mesa posses the ability to send visitors that enter its caves through time and space. While a visitor will require a proficient guide to reach specific destinations in either time or space, or be lucky enough to have the Will of the Magic Mesa send them where they want to go, it is just as likely that the Magic Mesa will send a visitor where its Will believes they should go. The Magic Mesa is also able to retrieve those that it has sent to other locations. People NPCs The Will of the Magic Mesa: The Magic Mesa seems to posses a will of its own, primarily demonstrated when choosing a guardian, or if sending visitors to specific places in time and space, before retrieving them again. The Dust Devil II swears that it communicated directly with him when he was chosen, but he has little proof, and has not been able to communicate directly again, only receiving various feelings when he is needed. Ultimately, the true nature and agenda of the Will of the Magic Mesa remains unknown. Guardians: The Magic Mesa has been the home to a long succession of guardians, stretching back to the dawn of mankind. Chosen from those that died near the Magic Mesa, the guardians are empowered as sand elementals. Though they all appeared to be functionality immortal, no one seems to know what has happened to any of the previous guardians. Maybe they simply choose to fade away. Maybe someone or something found a way to kill them. Or maybe they simply sleep, scattered among the sand that surround the Magic Mesa. - The Dust Devil: The immediate predecessor of the current guardian, the Dust Devil was Alejandro Roja, a thief and a castle rustler left for dead. Brought back as a man made of sand, Alejandro became the Dust Devil. The Dust Devil protected the Magic Mesa starting at some point in the 1850'es. He was last seen in February 2018. His current fate is unknown. - The Sand Dancer: A woman with long black hair, tied into a braid. She seemed able to freely shift between sand and flesh, even with only parts of her body, moving gracefully, almost like a dance. She was a devoted guardian, not just to the Magic Mesa, but to any that sought her help. She seemed at peace with herself, and was generally unwilling to kill. Was a guardian at the time the Lemurians lived above water. Dust Devil II met her during a trip to the past through the Magic Mesa. Magic Mesa Residents: The few people that make their home close to the Magic Mesa have all been changed by the constant exposure to the power of the Mesa. For some it is subtle. For others it is not. Few are completely mentally balanced, though whether it is caused by the Magic Mesa, or that such people are simply drawn to the Mesa, is unknown. - Mr. Sting & Big Mama: Mr. Sting lives with Big Mama at Magic Mesa, where he researches poison. His pride and joy are the giant-sized scorpions that he has raised in the caves of Magic Mesa, using their poison for his research. Mr. Sting is a small, but crafty man. He is usually distrustful of others, and is a vengeful sort. Wrong him once, and you might find yourself with a poison knife in your back. Big Mama stands nearly six feet tall, with an unnatural amount of bone, fat and muscle. Her skin is completely black. She is an ugly woman, both of appearance and mind. While she does not appear to posses the full mental capacities of a woman of her age, she is fiercely protective of her home and Mr. Sting, being willing, maybe even eager, to kill to keep them safe. Created by Supercape, ask him before using these characters. Travis Hightower, Mayor of Red Rocks: Mayor of Red rocks for the twelfth year running as of 2019, Travis is a tall, thin man in his late 50'es with skin tanned by the desert sun. He posses a magnificent black moustache and short black hair, through streaks of grey have begun to show. He is devoted to keep Red Rocks stable despite the strange travellers and events caused by the Magic Mesa, and will usually be helpful to anyone visiting. He is a traveller himself, coming either from the future or a much more advanced world in the Multiverse, though he is unwilling to divulge any information about the nature of his original time space. Broken Crow: The Master Mage of the 19th century, Broken Crow made the Magic Mesa his sanctum, further enhancing its already formidable magical power. When he was killed at Wounded Knee, the Magic Mesa was left abandoned, and one might still find artifacts or traces of the former Master Mage within its tunnels and caves. Some say that Broken Crow's spirit still wanders the area of the Magic Mesa at times. Travellers: As the Magic Mesa brings travellers from other points in space time, just about anyone or anything can be met near the Magic Mesa. While some will simply act as tourists and some might offer aid, you are just as likely to find hostile travellers, who either wish to return home or make their way in this new world. PCs The Dust Devil II: Cassidy Collins is the Magic Mesa's current guardian. While primarily based in Freedom City, his abilities allow him to swiftly return to the Magic Mesa, should the need arrive. At the Magic Mesa, he is known primarily through the reputation of his predecessors. He is likely to become involved in any thread that involves the Magic Mesa. History The history of the Magic Mesa is long and varied, having influenced several events and heroes since prehistoric time. Existing at least as far back as the time of the Lemurians, possibly even longer, the Magic Mesa has seen its share of conflict. Many sorcerers and demons, their names now lost to the passage of time, has sought to control the Mesa, always stopped by its guardians. During the 19th century, the Magic Mesa was the sanctum of Broken Crow the Master Mage before his death, influenced many supernatural heroes of the Old West and created the first Dust Devil. While mostly dormant during the 20th century, with only occasional visitors, it seems that the Magic Mesa has once again awakened to become a major location in the magic of the world in the 21st century, starting with choosing its newest guardian, Dust Devil II.
  17. @Grumblefloof The black liquid is spreading quickly over the floor, but it has not quite reached Lady Horus and Mister Strix yet. It seems like it is coming from the books that fell to the floor. And IC post coming up for me having missed the floor smash attempt!
  18. Yea this group ran down from the level above at the end of hte last round. Toughness saves in order will be 22, 11, 16, 24, 18 so #4 saves and stops the pain train. Three remain standing (Including the one you were leaving for later.) The two will try to flee up the stairs as Strix is between them and the ground floor running into Judex and Thorne on their way down but out of actions. The one left standing will try to pick up one of the guns from a fallen thug and open fire on Strix with +2/-2 all out power attack. But the gun jams. I'll get the IC up and Judex will be up.
  19. Temperance felt the last fleeting tendrils of madness detaching themselves from her brain. It was unpleasantly like feeling an octopus's suckers detach from one's hands. There was still that feeling that things weren't right. Given all the defilement of spiritual concepts that had happened within the basement, that feeling would not go away for some time. There was also the matter of the smell, which was both less unsettling and more aggressively offensive at the same time. But for now, the great, necrotic sore on the face of reality was gone, and she could breathe a little easier. Entirely through her mouth, of course. "Well," she said. "That... was singularly horrifying. And yet, that thing had somebody higher up the hierarchy. It was calling to 'Him.' So now we need to climb that ladder, greased and fetid as it may be." Her boot touched the still limp Mister Strix, and quickly withdrew. "Is he... I mean, he was from the start, but I thought dead vampires usually decomposed rapidly? Or has media been lying to me again?"
  20. It's been about a week since this thread moved. @Ecalsneerg, @Thunder King, consider yourselves poked.
  21. It's been about a week since the last IC post. @Gizmo, @trollthumper, either of you can go anytime.
  22. Are we still on for this, or is real-life still kicking your ass?
  23. Oops, miscounted. Did not realize I had one more group to go. Oh well. The lone survivor from the last group will keep. He'll rush in and beat up the goons. Charge, and All-Out Attack and Power Attack for +/-2. Attack +10, Damage +10, Autofire & Takedown Attack 2. -4 Defense = +4 (DC14) until his next turn.
  24. The thug's shots tore through Mister Strix's costume, but they barely pierced his skin. As usual, the wounds didn't bleed. The bullets simply remained embedded in his undead flesh. He glanced down at himself, then glared at the thug. He was about to pounce on him when he heard another group of men cock their guns behind him. Interrupted. Damn. Miscounted. He glared into the thug's eyes. "Hold still." Then he slowly turned toward the new group. His massive cape followed, flowing about him. "Killing for money. Killing children. Not a single one of you deserves to walk out of here tonight...so you won't." With a roar, he surged forward, a streak of white slamming into puny human flesh and bone like a wrecking ball through drywall.
  25. Thevshi

    Red Net

    Synapse Synapse gave a small grin as Replica talked about stealing a car. "Oh, I certainly know how to hotwire a car. But stealing one is a pretty bad idea. The last thing we want is any bulletin out on the car when we go try to cross the boarder." "No, I believe I can likely convince someone to give us a car." The Englishwoman looked about the part of town they were in. "Now it is just a matter of finding one we want and then finding the owner."
  26. So @RocketLord, what's going on with the floor under Lady Horus and Mister Strix? Figured I should check in with that before another IC post.
  27. Tsunami Tsunami shook her head slightly at Dust Devil’s last question. "Yes, I am local, but I am afraid I do not know where they could have gotten ahold of such a weapon. Superpowered criminals are somewhat rare here, and it is equally unusual for common criminals to get ahold of super-tech. There are a few tech companies in the area that might be capable of producing such weapons, but I have not heard that any are actively pursuing such technology." She looked back down at the weapon for a moment before adding, "they apparently only had the one super-tech weapon, which suggest they either happened upon the one in some manner, or that it was the only one they were provide the opportunity to obtain. Though that could be because it was all that was offered to the, or it was all they could afford." As Tsunami spoke with Dust Devil, she began to feel a sensation that she had felt a few time before, a slightly feeling of disorientation as the area around her began to blur. "Get clear!" She tried to shout to Dust Devil, pointing away from her, but it was already too late, as the store and everything around the pair began to warp and shift…
  1. Load more activity
×