I Have Not Yet Begun To Fright! (OOC)

EviscerusNox

ooh yeah, plenty

Bonhomme Richard, formerly Duc de Duras, was a warship in the Continental Navy. She was originally an East Indiaman, a merchant ship built in France for the French East India Company in 1765, for service between France and the Orient. She was placed at the disposal of John Paul Jones in 1779, by King Louis XVI of France as a result of a loan to the United States.

The Bonhomme Richard was involved in a famous battle at Flamborough Head in 1779 where it sunk after defeating the HMS Serapis.  John Paul Jones is famous for uttering "I have not yet begun to fight" when appealed to surrender by the rival captain when it looked like defeat was imminent.

The crew were saved save for those that died as part of the battle and were moved to different ships.  John Paul Jones himself is seen today as the father of the American Navy and went on to become Rear Admiral in the Russian Navy after leaving American service.

okie doke 

History

The La Nochte Triste treasure is a fabled lost treasure of gold and silver bullion looted from the treasure house of Moctezuma II during the spanish conquest of the Aztec Empire.

Arcane

It is said that powerful mystic wards had been placed on the treasure house of Moctezuma, and when the Spanish broke in they had unwittingly cursed the treasure within.  This coupled with the death curse of Moctezuma himself brings ruin upon any that carry even a single coin of the treasure.  How ruin is brought is up to speculation.  Some believe it is a powerful luck hex that causes probabilities towards negative outcomes to be highly skewed.  This is supported by the fate of all ships that have carried the gold, as they have all sunk, either by chance run ins with pirates, or by stormy seas or freak gunpowder accidents.  Other theories are that Moctezuma himself is connected in death with the treasure, and works to see that those that hold it suffer ill fates.

Ok so Creating Object - a sheet of blasted ice above the offending ship, and letting it fall on them. I'll leave you to determine how that would work! Hopefully distracting anyway!

The Skeleton Crew will dive into the ocean to  rescue any sailors. Whilst they don't have swimming skill they are reasonably strong swimmers. Feel free to make any swim rolls if you wish (+10 skill bonus). In any case they have environmental adaptation (underwater) and immune to suffocation so no real danger to them!

Ok as per chat, using extra effort to stunt:

Summon 10 (Extras: Heroic, Fanatical)

Namely, a horrible tentacled kraken from horrible tentacled dimensions deep beneath horrible tentacled seas. 

Lovecraftian Horror

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +15 (40), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +6 (22), INT: -1 (8), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: -1 (8)

Tough: +15, Fort: Immune, Ref: +2, Will: +8

Feats: Ambidexterity, Fearless

Powers:

Affects Insubstantial applied to STR [2 PP]
Additional Limbs 5 (25 extra limbs, Feats: Improved Grapple) [5 PP]
Growth 12 (+24 STR, +12 CON, +3 size categories; Permanent; Innate) [37 PP]
Immunity 35 (fortitude saves, interaction skills) [35 PP]
Protection 9 (+9 Toughness) [ 9 PP]
Super-Senses 3 (darkvision, radius: Vision) [3 PP]
Super-Strength 5 (+25 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 819.2 tons; +5 STR to some checks) [10 PP]
Swimming 4 (Speed: 25 mph, 220 ft./rnd) [4 PP]

Attack Bonus: +5 (Ranged: +5, Melee: +5, Grapple: +36/+41)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +5 (DC 30)

Defense: +0  (Flat-footed: +0), Size: Gargantuan, Knockback: -19

Initiative: +2

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 12 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 2 + Powers 105 + Combat 26 + Saves 5 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

Tough Roll vs Ghost Ship: 1d20+15 31

As a move action, order the crew (i.e. Sweet Jennie) to open fire: Fires at the Ghost Ship: 1d20+5 18

As another move action, order the Kraken to grapple the ghost ship. 

Grapples Ghost Ship: 1d20+5 17

If that hits, I guess an opposed grapple roll (no idea how to calculate that for a ship!) the Kraken will be at +46 with all limbs involved! Grapple roll vs Ghost Ship: 1d20+46 60 I imagine that will take some beating. 

Edited by Supercape

ok so the toughness save: toughness save: 1d20+17 35

and you get an HP (that's 2 total I believe) for the crew being mind controlled.

They'll all turn on your and attack to make it easier they'll combined attack with just one of them so Attack roll (combined attacking): 1d20+5 7 no hit!

Moctezuma will now do things like the shooting of coins at Flintlock!

Coin Shot: 1d20+10 21 barely hits!

Gonna be a DC 25 Toughness save for Flintlock

Also give me another KN: Arcane check now that you've physically seen how the treasure and Moctezuma operate