Midnight Run

Supercape

Jann will move directly at the man with flamethrower, and hit him with an Improvised Weapon, ie. the Leapfrogger he is carrying. Doing it as a charge, so +2 Attack, -2 Defense and certainly enough range.

Rolling assuming full Attack, but feel free to add maluses as you feel are appropriate.

Attack: 1d20+14 24

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so we have bent the rules a bit for narrative sake. And quite right!

Also I will give Jann an HP at this point for carrying that poor leap frogger the whole time without dropping him!

ROund 1:

24 Final Leap Frogger 

22 Blowtorch

16 Jann - 2 HP - Fatigued

11 Pilot (out of view)

As Jann approaches there will be two primed actions:

Leap Frogger throws a firecracker: I lost the link, sorry! He rolled 14 + 5 = 19 which is I think a miss. 

Blowtorch will as a move action intimidate: Intimidates BoA: 1d20+6 26 yoikes. I think the fearless feat will protect against that, however. 

And then fire a line area flame at Jann: This is a Damage 6 effect, with vulnerability coming into play for a Damage 7 effect. (DC 17 Reflex then a Toughness 22/18 save). 

22 hours ago, olopi said:

Jann will move directly at the man with flamethrower, and hit him with an Improvised Weapon, ie. the Leapfrogger he is carrying. Doing it as a charge, so +2 Attack, -2 Defense and certainly enough range.

Rolling assuming full Attack, but feel free to add maluses as you feel are appropriate.

Attack: 1d20+14 24

Using this as Jann's action as I just misunderstood the intiative order at the time, unless you'd rather I roll again.

ok that works!

His toughness is +6 so Tough save vs BoA charge: 1d20+6 24 I think is enough to save vs any attack with improvised weapon (just). Ill give the object of attack (the leapfrogger) a toughness 22 save: TOugh vs being used as weapon: 1d20+2 14 is bruised and dazed. 

This round the pilot will poke his head out the door but that's it. 

NB: Given evasion 1 we can discount the bruise you got previously (mechanically- you can narrate some smoke and crisps)

Round 2:

24 Final Leap Frogger

24 Other Leap Frogger Bruised, Dazed. 
22 Blowtorch
16 Jann - 2 HP - Fatigued
11 Pilot (out of view)

So the Leap Frogger will use a move action to inject himself with Zoom!

Users gain Super-Speed 5 (250 MPH, with the Rapid Attack or Strike
power feat) for an hour, after which the user is exhausted. After a dose
wears off, the user must make a Fortitude save (DC 15) or suffer immediate
heart failure, shifting the user’s condition to dying. This is also the case if a
user falls unconscious while on zoom.

And the whallop Jann with his superspeed! Strike 5, Mighty (I think) but only +5 Attack: Attacks Jann: 1d20+5 20 is still a miss. 

Blow Torch will jump onto the plane wing and fire some bursts of flame at Jann. Fires fire at Jann: 1d20+10 25 which does hit, and is a Damage 6 (+1 from vulnerability) effect...or a Toughness 21 save. 

Then Jann is up

Toughness Save: 1d20+6 8

Ouch. And that's why I always keep one HP spare!

Toughness Save: 1d20+6 12

That becomes a 22, so just enough to save against it.

He'll use his move action to catch back up with Blow Torch, and then attempt to disarm him:

Attack: 1d20+12 28

That should hit, so it's an Opposed Strength Roll (as that's the only Damage Jann has at the moment)

Opposed Strength: 1d20+5 13

Ah well, might be enough?

STR vs disarm: 1d20+5 8 so you can disarm him - I think also actually grab the weapon into Janns hands. 

The Pilot will start the plane taxi-ing along the runway...

Round 3:

24 Final Leap Frogger

24 Other Leap Frogger
22 Blowtorch
16 Jann - 1 HP - Fatigued
11 Pilot (out of view)

Ok 

So FLF will strike again: Strikes Jann: 1d20+5 8 a straight miss. 

OLF will start running all out, his nerve cracked, trying to make a run for it. 

Blow torch will punch Jann in the mouth. With his brass knuckles (move action to put on). 

Punches Jann: 1d20+10 14 but a miss all the same. 

Jann is up again. 

Okay! Move Action:

Jump off the wing into the air, and move backwards, facing the front of the plane.

Standard Action:

Attack the plane. I'm assuming it's a normal attack, as that's what you used above. Since Jann saw it being used against him, he propably has an idea how to use it, but if you want to give him maluses, feel free to add them on!

Attack: 1d20+12 13

Ouch. Burning that last HP for that!

Rerolling Attack: 1d20+12 28

Much better.

So Jann's out of HP!

Seeing how the flames did not do much, Jann will instead attempt to brute force this, trying to get through the pilot side's door.

Using  Damage 0 ( Extras: Autofire 7; Penetrating 4 ; Feats: Mighty, Extended Reach 1 (10ft), Improved Critical 2, Precise, but let me know if I should roll or not since it's probably a pretty large target.

Ok so the Pilot is armed. And...not particularly dangerous but firing point blank at a flat footed Jann, so I will give him a generous +2 attack. 

The Pilot is using the Solider Archetype but with Pilot +8 skill. He is less equipped though (Just a light pistol)

Shoots Jann: 1d20+7 18 bam bam bam, thats a toughness 18 Save for Jann. 

Ill post that IC. If you want to do a narrative response to being shot, feel free, other wise let me know and I will edit the last IC and expand...

Ok so I have been a bit slack but roughly speaking I think we are at...

Round 5:

24 Final Leap Frogger, unharmed, zoomed. 
22 Blowtorch, unharmed
16 Jann - 2 HP - Fatigued
11 Pilot - Unharmed

The FLG will zip up to the roof of the plane, and then try to Rush Jann off the plane. Rush Jann: 1d20+5 22 I believe that hits.

Therefore, opposed STR checks:  Rush STR test: 1d20+2 12 with SPeed 5 active, that is 17. Jann can, I think, reasonably add his flight rank to his roll. 

Ok not a large push but seeing as it down and from a moving plane, potentially dangerous!

I'll give Jann a reflex DC 20 roll to just get his wings flapping in time and maintain his backside of the runway. If he fails, a DC 20 Toughness save. 

Ill give the same to the Leapfrogger, although for him, its clinging on to the open doorframe. 

Reflex Save vs Fall: 1d20+8 12 nope and

TOughness save vs fall: 1d20+2 16 bruised.