GM

The lunch room of Ripley High School was all abuzz with the latest gossip.  The star of the school's football team, Ross Montana, had gotten into a scuffle with his best friend and local farmboy Anthony Anderson .  Apparently, the well off Montana's family was buying up local plots in a bid to begin an industrial farming operation in Ripley.  A business that would almost assuredly put the Anderson family out of business.  Both teens could be seen on opposite ends of the lunch room, only fueling the rumor mill all the more.

"You owe me twenty cents."  A soft voice whispered from behind before setting a carton of milk in front of Dancia Devons.  The cheery faced red headed girl made her way over to the other side of the lunch table.  "So what did you get on Mrs. Greenwalt's test?  I'll be done for after my mom sees my grades."

Whilst Daisy "Dancia" Devons appeared to be a normal teenager she had in fact been rocketed from a dying world picking up amazing powers through her journey through the void. But that didn't mean that didn't mean she got away with not doing tests.

"You know you did well you always do." Daisy smiled at her friends as she carefully counted out the money "I struggle to find time to study, what with my other activities..." she gave a little conspiratorial glance around.

"Still I think we both do okay."

GM

Jane O'bryant was usually at the top of her class.  Which made her far off dream of one day becoming a physicist not feel too far off.  When she didn't have her head in the clouds.  Or trying to convince her friend to take her along on her side activities despite her own mortal fragility.

Jane's voice faded out from Daisy's perspective as the sound of screaming deafened her ears.  "This is a hold up see!  Unless you lot want to buy the farm, you'll give us all the goods!"  The unmistakable sound of a locomotive grinding on rails faintly heard.  A quick visual scan of the cafeteria confirmed that the sound was coming from a few miles a way.  Otherwise known as a skip, hop, and a jump for the girl with the might of three hundred men.

As Daisy's senses returned to the focus returned to the immediate area she could see an expectant Daisy staring at her.  As if awaiting an answer to a question.

• 1 month later...

"I'm so sorry my attention was elsewhere." she sounded generally upset that she'd missed the question "Would you mind repeating the question?"

She really wanted to go right now to go help with what was happening out there, but she also had to make sure everything was also okay here before she left.

Facing supervillains was easy compared to the minefield that was High School, and she knew which one she'd rather faced most days of the week.

• 3 months later...

GM

"You're always in such a daze...Daisy."  Janet joking pouted for a moment before complying with her friend's request.  "I was asking.  Do you think Tony's family is going to be alright?  I overheard my mom on the horn saying to Nancy Walters mom.  That his dad was already spending what little they have on the hooch.  And now they're losing the farm.  And he's such a dreamboat.  I mean a good guy."

Janet expressed the question with a level of concern that made no doubt of the fact that the only person who could hear the plight on the train.  It was also an air of normalcy.  Complete with an unintentional poor wording.  What with the criminals threatening to make passengers "buy the farm" as a colloquialism for dying and Janet treating a fellow student's farms being bought with the same degree of severity.  No matter the time period, youths were still youths.

Daisy sighed inwardly school gossip was all good and all but people were in danger and she needs to go help. but she didn't want to upset her friends either.

"Sorry Janet I'm not feeling too good, I'm going to have to run."

Without waiting for a response she dashed, apparently for the restroom, once she was out of sight she instead took to the air. She had to make a quick detour to grab her costume, a metallic breastplate did not hide well under any kind of clothes, but in less than a minutes she was speeding towards the incident.

• 2 weeks later...

GM

Triakosia was the fastest girl around.  A blur compared to most land vehicles.  But, even still by the time, the armored heroine had arrived the train had come to a complete stop.  Looking inside with her X-Ray vision, Triakosia caught sight of frightened passengers huddled together.  The sound of police sirens nearing by the second.  The one thing she couldn't catch sight off?  The robbers.

There was absolutely no sign of any robbers.  Let alone any tracks for an escape plan.  From an outside perspective, it was almost as if the train had come to a stop for mechanical reasons.  But, of course, Triakosia had heard otherwise earlier.  Clearly, she had arrived too late to stop the train robbers.

Triakosia opened the door appearing briefly in silhouette her cape flapping dramatically before she stepped into the carriage. She was in a hurry to track down the robbers and get back to school before she was missed, but she also wanted to make sure everyone was okay.

"Don't be alarmed I'm here to help! Is anyone in need of assistance?" she paused and look around to make sure they were before adding

"Could someone please tell me what happened here?"

• 11 months later...

Assured by the sight of the girl of the century, a bespectacled man in a gray suit approached.  His frame was rather wiry, but a measure of detail had gone into his appearance.  With a visibly fresh shave.  "It was darn dirty apes.  They came down from a zeppelin.  Knocked us down, throttled real bad.  Took anything valuable and were out in a blink.  They even took Abe!"

The man was visibly worried as he explained the events as they had transpired.  A quick look around the train confirmed that the windows had been smashed from the outside.  The spread of glass was a result of a great deal of external force.  Thankfully none of the passengers were cut, though some did look worse for the wear.  The result of resisting the mugging.

Edited by HGM

Triakosia

Daisy listened carefully and attentively to the passengers as he helpfully explained what happened, it was fairly mundane stuff but without it, she wouldn’t have a clue to what to look for. Being a metaphorical alien, a human from another Earth, she was a little sensitive to his comments about the Apes even if they were potential criminals.

“Now, now we shouldn’t judge people before knowing the whole story, even Ape henchmen. I do plan to find out what's happening, however.”

She slowly drifted into the air concentrating her senses on picking up the zeppelins, it wasn’t easy they tended to be pretty quiet, but there should be enough noise from the engines for her to find them from anywhere within the state.

“One more thing, who exactly was Abe?”