All My Exes Live In Texas- ic

PC

"so this was all to get back with breakneck?" Asked Hyperactive to Lurlene. So someone had handed an angry heart broken girl tools she really couldn't handle and tried to get them to take down a Speedster. That happened often enough here. What was weird was that memory loss. And a player he didn't know. 

"Hephaestus?" He asked aloud. "Have you guys heard of him?" Hyperactive added. "I'm not too sure I like the thought of someone handing anti-Speedster tech to angry people in my state. I have enough problems as is." 

Stalwart frowned, but didn’t release Lurlene. “No. This was also about Pacer.” He glanced at his ice cream eating and pretty bored now sister. “Do you know any one named Hephaestus, aside from the god?”

Pacer just kept casually licking her ice cream cone. “Hmm…nope! Must be future me. Starting to run into people who knew her sometimes, and man. I’m going to annoy a lot of people as I get older. Makes a girl want to stay home forever. Though…I guess I’m gonna save a lot of people too, so maybe it balances out?” She kept on licking. “God, I hope he’s not a future ex boyfriend. That would be just the worst. The worst.” More casual licking. “Gah, brain freeze.”

GM

A police officer stepped into the chapel and waved his gun around. Which besides being incredibly stupid  wasn't too dangerous for any present. Hyperactive still zipped over and unloaded the gun for the officer. He let the bullets fall. 

"Officer please tell me I'm gonna have to do more than write up a gun safety complaint." Hyperactive said. 

"Well, you're not gonna like this." Muttered the officer looking down the barrel which elicited a horrified noise from Lurlene. "But uh-" he held out his phone as he went over to kick the guns away from the two unconscious wedding crashers. 

Displayed on his phone was the image of frozen people with horrified faces. The bodies spelled out two words: I'm back.

"Great. That looks like the work of Nitrous." Hyperactive declared taking in the image.

"They found 'em in a bank in Beaumont." The officer added. 

Colt frowned and closed his eyes.  No longer anywhere near mad at Lurlene, he saw her now as the victim, not as the bad guy.  She had been taken advantage of by someone with bigger goals, or simply a sadist that liked to ruin lives and didn't much care for speedsters.  Colt looked into Lurlenes eyes and held her face up to his by the chin before speaking very slowly, trying his best to keep her calm and engaged.

"I believe you Lurlene, I do.  At this point it doesn't really matter what I believe.  What will help is if you tell us where this Hephaestus is.  I'll testify at your trial that I believe you were under coercion, that at least I can do." 

After the cop showed them the phone Colt turned to Hyperactive "Who's Nitrous?"

Edited by EviscerusNox

GM

"I dunno. Met him in West. Gave me the stuff there." She sighed. "Thanks, ya know I'm sorry bout that other time-" she looks over at the cop. "I was right mad then too. But I have no clue if he stayed in West." She managed to bite back the tears. "Honest if he ain't in West I got no clue, but it sounded like he would come try to find all y'all."

"Nitrous is..." Hyperactive paused, for a Speedster moment. "Well one of my crazy Ex girlfriends. Luckily the only one with super powers. At least when I dated them. She's a motion controller. Can control the speed of objects around her. She uses it to freeze people or make it seem like she's stopped time. Murdering six people isn't her MO though. I mean don't get me wrong she will kill people, but like that? I haven't seen that before." The Speedster blew a long sigh out of his nose. "Yeah we dated before the warriors, which means that message was for me." 

Colt's brow furrowed.  "If he's comin' to find us, he won't have to look hard.  I'ma tan his hide somethin' fierce,' Colt then turned to Hyperactive.  "Don't reckon it's much of a coincidence that both of our ex girlfriends go on a tear at the exact same time.  Think maybe this Haephestus got yer girl riled up too?"  Breakneck then turned to Pacer.

"You uh... you got any crazy exes we need to be on the loookout fer? Would like a heads up now that we know what we're dealin' with.  Well, sorta know what we're dealing with."

Pacer shrugged. “I don’t even have a boyfriend now.” She thought about Warren, who seemed…interested, for some reason. “A prospect, sure. Though…I’m starting to run into people who know me but I don’t know them. Like, they know me when I’m older. So…Future Me has ex boyfriends, probably.” She shrugged again and licked her ice cream some more.

Stalwart sighed. Lurlene probably wasn’t a threat anymore, but… “Can I get a policeman over here? Restraining her isn’t all that hard, but I don’t want to make it my life’s work.” He looked directly at his sister. “Besides, I’m getting a feeling I’m going to have to deal with a very unpleasant situation shortly, and it’d be good to have my hands free.”

GM

The officer stepped up and took Lurlene quite literally off Stalwart's hands. 

"Well if we're confident that Hephaestus is going to find us, we should put Nitrous down." Hyperactive said. "I don't care who takes her down. She's a speedster's nightmare, and I want to see her flat on her back." He paused. "Not like that, let's go stop her before she kills way more people. Cause she will."

In a flash of motion the four young heroes made their way to Beaumont. The bank wasn't difficult to find. There was seeming miles of tape around it. A half dozen cop cars surrounded the building. Within the bank a dozen cops and csi looked over the scene. In addition, a young woman in a green hoodie with a bow and quiver slung over her back. 

"Vagabond?" Hyperactive asked his fellow Waco Warrior. She turned and looked up from the bullet casings she had been looking over. 

"Hey Streaky." Vagabond drawled back with a grin. "You playin' babysitter?" She pointed at the rest of the assembled heroes. 

Colt raised an eyebrow and turned a faux indignant nose into the air at the comment.

"I'll have you know ma'am that I am a Junior in highschool!  Harumph and whatnot!"  Colt then turned serious and looked around at the scene.  "So what's the story here?  She still inside?  I think maybe since rushing in was not so awesome an idea last time," Colt spared a sidelong glance at Pacer when saying this, "maybe we should forumulate a plan, get a lay of the land, that sorta thing.  Who's in charge right now?  Have I asked enough questions yet?"

Colt smiled and then turned to his fellow speedsters,  "What's the plan?"

Edited by EviscerusNox

Stalwart greeted his fellow hero. “Hello. I’m Stalwart. The young woman is my sister Pacer. And, if anyone’s babysitting here, it’s me.” The way he said it was friendly, throwing no shade whatsoever. “Speed isn’t my power, but I can borrow a little from Pacer.”

Meanwhile, Pacer was addressing Breakneck. “Plan? Who needs a plan when we can punch? No hostages, right? So let’s go punch bad woman until she stays down.” She said this in the most matter of fact way possible. Direct to a fault, that was Mona Simms, alias Pacer. "Meh, could scout some, I guess."

GM

"Awe Streaky I remember when you were cute like this!" Vagabond said with a smile beneath her cowl. 

"Why are you here?" Hyperactive asked the other hero. 

"Orion gave me an order. He didn't want you to get in over your head emotionally." Vagabond replied. "I've tracked her to an abandoned factory. No hostages as far as I can tell. Not her style. I dunno what she's doin' but we can put 'Er down 'fore she gets anyone else." Vagabond drawled out as she looked over the rest of the group. "Anyone wanna give me a ride?" 

Colt smiled mischeviously and bowed deeply to the hooded lady.  "Au chante madamoiselle"  he drawled in his best french accent (it wasn't great) then he cocked his head and held out an arm for her to take as if he were leading her on a date.  "Let me show you the splenders of the world of speed."  Colt stood up abruptly and frowned,  "Wait a minute, I've never taken anyone with me before when going at super speed.  Is that even safe?  I mean, physics say that at a high enough speed her skin would rip off and the friction would set her on fire.  Guys, help me out here, is that what would happen?"  Colt visibly paled at the implication and figeted nervously.

GM

"No I'd be more worried about her clothes flying off." Hyperactive snarked. "That's what happened when we used to run."

"That's because he would always pull my buttons at super speed. Do you do that to your new Hussy? Then again it's a lot harder in Power armor ain't it?" Vagabond said taking Breakneck by the arm never turning and looking at Hyperactive. "You should sweep me off my feet it will make him very jealous." She remarked. 

Hyperactive stood for the briefest of moments. He locked his faceshield in place. 

"I'll meet all y'all there." And he headed off to the warehouse.

GM

The factory was almost entirely empty. It wasn't entirely clear what had been manufactured there, but it was clear the building hadn't been in use for a while. A few windows had been blown out, others boarded up and a few were simply coated in dust. There were at least four ways into the main floor. 

Inside the building ding a young woman with pale skin was sitting at a table. She appeared to be working on something fairly oblivious to the arrival of the Speedster. Hyperactive hid out of the way and waited for the other heroes to arrive. 

Breakneck carefully set Vagabond down then zipped over to Hyperactive scowling at the woman at the table.

"I'm gonna go ahead and assume that things aren't what they seem here and this won't be as simple as tying her to that chair,"  Breakneck whispered.  "I betcha she probably trapped the place like Lurlene and the others.  Also, I'd like to point out that I was a complete gentleman with Vagabond and her clothes stayed on so you have nothing to worry about.  Not that you were, worried, or you know, had cause for worry.  You know what?  Forget I said anything.  After this is through I'm probably gonna go back in time and erase that whole interaction."

Breakneck flushed beneath his costumed and cleared his throat softly.