• 1 month later...

@Exaccus Will, Sense Motive, Concentration are all valid angles to play in this juncture. 

@Sailor Notice check, if you would.

DC5

Spoiler

The ship has been curated and maintained.

DC10 

Spoiler

The Oklahoma hasn't been used for parts.

DC15 

Spoiler

There's a faint tingling in the air.

DC20 

Spoiler

The Oklahoma has been surrounded with an electromagnetic field of some kind that kept it nearly perfectly preserved over the years. On closer inspection it's clearly been put on a kind of pedestal and arranged like a museum piece. The fog vanishes while inside the field, if you can keep your vision focused long enough.

DC25 

Spoiler

All the above and there's a kind of sigil shaped by the field: a crude, jagged "N" shaped like a lightning bolt. Below it are the words "NIKKI TESLA, THE GENIUS TRANSCENDENT"

Okay, Considering that I have SM on Notice (A sailor that doesn't have good eyes is a poor sailor to have on deck on watch) I'll just take 10... Which gives me a 20. (I made a mistake on the last one I did where I said I had a 18 on that check, it was indeed a 20.)

So, I got a 20.

Ship in a bottle, eh? I'd hate to ruin it...

• 2 weeks later...

the fact that the gun is silent interests me why does it need to be silent? you do have to go out of your way to make something like that no make noise so im assuming that it's so because there is a more important noise for me to hear.

the appearance of a playing card's art makes me think something is messing with his head.

so i guess...he'll try plugging his ears?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, this will come up in next GM post, but for preliminary details, Nathan gets about halfway through before accidentally nudging into the field of view of the gunnery. 

Reflex save vs. DC15 and a Strength check vs. DC10. 

Success on the Reflex halves the rank on the Autorifles' Stun, which is normally DC20.

Okay, STR check failure means Nathan doesn't manage to keep his feet long enough to get fully away from the killbox before having to take another anti-Stun check, Fortitude check vs. DC20, with +1 bonus thanks to having just endured just such an assault.

• 4 months later...

Okay, you are not Bruised already AND you've managed to pull ahead of the killer kitty. And Nathan sees a patch of quicksand ahead he could lure the panther into. Requires an Acrobatics/Reflex save to grab a vine and swing across successfully, DC15.

You fall into the quicksand. Make any roll you wish that might help out. I personally suspect something that gets the panther to come closer would be best. or you could try to pull yourself out with another vine, or something else.

You could always activate your armor. So long as you don't mind the potential hazards.

• 2 weeks later...