Deep Into That Darkness Peering (OOC)

12 hours ago, Avenger Assembled said:

So is it just Merlin who spots those things?

The last bit of clues, yes. I can come up with a couple more clues for Woodsman now that I look at the numbers again. I tried to give everyone some different bits of info to see/contribute. 

• 3 weeks later...

Matt'll send a dog up with the others into the server room, to poke around a little on his behalf...rather than crowd in there himself. He's not an amazing investigator, and it's easier for the dogs to stay out of peoples' way!

Notice Check: 1d20+10 15

Not amazing! But it's something.

On 7/21/2017 at 11:30 PM, Avenger Assembled said:

Woodsman: 

27 Notice

26 on Survival (for tracking) 

Technology: 26

Search: 14

Woodsman is pretty dang sure this is the same group. He sees a few fiber traces at the door into the server room, and a few bits of glass. He can pretty easily track their path, too; they came from the stairs, to the server room, and then out into the hall and through a nearby segment of cubicles to the window they busted out and escaped from. He also finds places where they attached grapnel lines to descend to street level. 

Which suggests at least most of them can't fly. 

On 7/22/2017 at 10:38 PM, Gizmo said:

Winifred will use Skill Mastery for an automatic 30 on Craft (Chemical) and Knowledge (Physical Sciences) to determine what she can from the blade and any other physical evidence the others bring to her.

The blade is quality steel, and bears marks of being handled in an actual forge environment, not a factory, but also a uniformity that suggests being one of many identical pieces. The alloy itself suggests an area somewhere in China, likely more toward Tibet or Mongolia. The styling of the blade itself is very bland and functional; it seems inspired by no one place. It's hard enough to stand up to a lot of wear and tear, suggesting a weapon that's generally thrown and recovered, and that rarely takes much more than slight nicks and dents. 

45 minutes ago, Electra said:

Okay, gonna lean on Merlin's Skill Mastery to start with, he's got 28s in Craft Electronic and Know: Tech. What's going on with these compies? 

Alright, between these and his Computer skill....

He can tell that the damage to the racks was actually carefully targeted. The damage caused would have caused the servers to switch to their redundant drives; some poking at the terminal indicates this happened after some USB drives were inserted, and the split-second changeover was all they needed to access the information on them.

Specifically, the technical specifications, location, part numbers, and basically everything else of the pieces of tech alluded to from the information from the home break-in. Which suggests that one occurred first, which led these thieves to here, and then onward. Probably to that warehouse you all got a report on! 

Merlin's not 100% sure....but it seems like maybe these components would be able to build some sort of...teleportation gate? The weird part about that is, they could open a gate, but not "point" it anywhere....

4 minutes ago, Fox said:

Matt'll send a dog up with the others into the server room, to poke around a little on his behalf...rather than crowd in there himself. He's not an amazing investigator, and it's easier for the dogs to stay out of peoples' way!

Notice Check: 1d20+10 15

Not amazing! But it's something.

Hm. The dog, noting the most unique of the scents the pack has been picking up at both these sites, noses around until it finds the broken tip of what at first looks like just another knife....but further examination suggest is something a bit weirder! 

Riley's request prompts a Survival check, I guess! Matt'll send two dogs out back to check the alley.

Dog 1 aids!

Aid Other Check (Tracking), DC10: 1d20+12 13

....goodness. Lots of good-smelling things in that alley, I guess.

Dog 2 tracks. Or, at least, sees if I can get the start of a trail.

Survival Check (Tracking), DC10 (Aid +2): 1d20+12+2 19

Dogs. Dogs, this is literally all you bring to the table right now. Why do you roll so badly. Still, they've been working on getting a handle on that scent for a while now - maybe it's enough. If not, I may be tempted to reroll.

• 5 months later...