Well, this is Awkward

"The one thing I wished that someone had told me back then was to just take the time to enjoy the moment." she shrugged then added "Though I was a brat back then so I hate to think what form that would take. But stay in school and work hard, that what I'm supposed to say right?" she gave another broad grin

"Look I want to help, not because I'm mackin' for more time with you dad. If you that good, and I don't doubt it for a second, I will try to put you in contact with people that can help. If you put on the costume or not will always be your choice, and if you want I will support you either way."

"Like... I don't think you are using me for time with my father.  Maybe to get to know my dad, and mum, to get to do movies.  But, I mean, this isn't LA, so..."  She let it dangle as she looked at Agnus.  It was true, though.  While Corinne was an okay liar, she wasn't really anything special when it came to deception.

"I want to dance."  It was simply stated as she made eye contact with the older woman.  "I like to paint, I like to play drums, and surf, and skateboard.  The other stuff terrifies me, but I am learning..."  She paused as she looked away while trailing off, then let out slow sigh, before her eyes looked back to Agnus, "But, I love to dance.  I've been doing it for over ten years now.  People my age don't do that, unless their parents force 'em, or they love it.  My folks are just happy I don't want to act."

• 3 weeks later...

Agnus smiled a wistful smile reminded of the fire that had driven her all those years ago when she first started singing.

"I know exactly what you mean I love to sing and growing up I always wanted to sing." her face brightened when she spoke, "I can dance as little when I want as well, probably not as good as you though."

She looked wistful for a few moments before adding a little more seriously

"Make sure though that's not all you have though, the high of the show is great but you also have to deal with the crash after the party."

She frowned a little bit, "I don't think...  I don't think it's the same?"  She frowned a little bit, as she looked away, realizing that it didn't sound right.  "I mean, I am not, like, saying it's more just...  I don't care about the being in front of people.  I love to dance.  I don't hear the crowd, or anything...  I've spent eight days a week, in twelve of the last ten years practicing.  I want to be better.  And I've given up a normal life..."

Corinne was earnest, when she spoke, her eyes making eye contact, and it was then a force of personality showed.  Nothing sidereal in her behavior, so much as a burning sun right in Agnus' face.  Her emphasis enough carried through her, a flicker of her power around her hands, as the clamped down on the table before.  A spark in her eyes beyond just the passion for the topic at hand.

• 2 weeks later...

"Honey a lot of people just perform for themselves, the fact that crowds there is just a bonus."

Agnus sipped her drink and considered if she should, how she could, sugar coat the next little nugget of wisdom she'd picked up. She could see, even if Connie could not, how similar they actually were. It was amazing how much difference the extra decade she had on the younger woman had one her.

"You're not leaving the real world, you leaving the world of dance, which is probably as big a bubble of unreality as being super powered. I hate to be so blunt but you need to look at the big picture."

Corinne jaw set, her lips pressed together flatly, just staring at her.  She released the table and settled her hands in her lap.  "So, f*** my dreams, my hopes, the effort I spent?  Because of the sperm donor who knocked up my mom?  And the gift he passed on?"  She stopped talking her jaw clenching and unclenching.  She was all imperious posture.  Less a person, and an alabaster representation of a person.  Agnus would know it, the way a performer could be.  That sort of dichotomy.

Turning a bit, she fished some money out of her purse, and she put it carefully on the table next to her plate, it was enough to cover the cost of both of their meals.  She pushed her chair bac k and rose to her feet.  "Thank you, I will cover my meal.  Goodbye Ms. Stone."

She might think back later that Agnus was right.  But it was what she was getting all around.  Nobody liked their dreams assailed.

"Well that could have gone much worse!" she said to herself, drowning her drink and gesturing for another. Not that it really had that much effect on her really, it was mostly for show.

Agnus remembered what she was like as a teenager, and hundred of lives before the word was even invented, and she wouldn't have listened to herself back then either. Still, the kid had a good head on her shoulders and should do alright. Still, she'd passed on Connie's details to a few people in the industry and see if she could help things along a little.

The teen might not want to talk to her right now, or ever really, but at least she could still keep an eye on Connie. One advantage of having a secret identity really.

Corinne didn't like the mantra she was hearing over and over.  School.  Here.  Everyone was telling her to stow it.  As much as she might be live and let live, there was a logical end to all of it.  They were insulting her, her choices, her believes.  

She had enough of it.  Under the guise from friendliness, friendship, or whatever.  She couldn't countenance it.  She wouldn't.  So she the restaurant, her face flat to match her eyes, and she stalked back to catch a bus or something, and get the train back to the Southside, and get to Bayview, and Claremont from there.

Her contact list since coming here sure wasn't growing any, everyone had an agenda, and if she thought the entertainment industry was bad back home.  It was nothing compared to the super powered community.