Media Frenzy

GM

"Only a day?" answered Gold Star, taking a step back. 

"My father kept me up three nights in a row applying his belt in an indiscriminate manner. When I was six. If you can only keep going for a day, you are of no consequence. You have no iron in your soul"

Whilst talking, he suddenly lashed out, a one-two jab. Fast, hard. With this focus, with that physique, Gold Star was a dangerous man. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hyperactive darted in and went again for a flurry of kicks. The reply was swift and very painful, a searing agony across his brain. 

"Steel?" He asked as he looked at Parrot, a plan was forming in his head. "No I don't have steel in me. I am the wind. I will blow and blow and blow until all the steel and stone you have is worn away." The mobile office was tiny. He was going to need more room, and after hearing what Parrot had done, he had some bait to get more room.

Edited by Kolohehonu

GM

"You are full of wind, this is true" grunted Gold Star.

Eschewing blows, he tried to grab Hyperactive as he shifted around. His fingers grabbed cloth but nothing more; Hyperactive slipped through his grasp. 

"Well, if I cant get you out of my way..." he mused....

He pulled out his gun...taking aim....

And Sugar Foxx jumped into the office, all Denim flares, Matching Sports Bra, and Nunchuks. With not a scratch on her. 

"Hold it, fellas!" she said, rather dramatically. It was the kind of voice that belonged in straight - to - DVD action films. Not flat, but neither possessed of that sound-bending charisma of the A-listers...

"Hey just realized my boy probably doesn't have the clearest SHOT at all this!" Hyperactive laughed pointing at the gun. If this guy was a dead shot he would have opened with the gun. Unless flair for the dramatic, but come on this guy seemed way too serious for that. 

"Geez if you weren't so old I'd kick your ass for Condor and Gold Star's sake." Hyperactive said as he grabbed the old man. He vibrated both their molecules before rushing the door. There was a slight buzzing noise and sensation to it. He barreled straight at the wall and both passed right on through. 

"Hero Enters Stage Right!" He declared as he looked over at the trailer. He deposited the old man up in a boom lift and dropped into a combat stance. "We get one take people make it count!"

GM

Sugar Foxx looked puzzled. "Hey, did they get the special FX guys in?" she wondered, tapping her chin. She shook her head clear of thinking and appeared most practised at this noble art. With a graceful turn of heel, she jumped out of Blooms office onto the set, landing dramatically in a feline crouch. 

"This is my show, honey!" she shrieked. 

The Gold Star was a little slower but now had every camera on him, from the director of Amazon Blade of Lust, to Zyte who was practically salivating. 

He fired his gun. A pulse of purple force. A crackle of energy. A smell of ozone. 

The beam whipped straight through Hyperactive's unstable molecules, and a giant (and suspiciously shaped) sausage on the set exploded in a flowering of sparks...

The Smoking Wheels thugs approached. Bold, but not totally stupid...

"Sit this one out." Hyperactive shouted at Foxx and the Wheels. This was quickly turning into a brawl that he did not like his odds at. He'd run if he had too but he didn't have to yet. 

Direct combat hadn't worked, it was pointless to keep kicking this guy. Instead, Hyperactive aimed his hand at the raging Gold Star, he imagined the flow of kinetic energy and pulled it into him. The speedster frowned he hadn't hit Gold Star, but it had been a good try. 

In a burst of speed Hyperactive ran behind the Smoking wheels. It wasn't great cover, but at the very least maybe he'd close before firing on him. Or he'd try and shoot his allies. Which might sway Foxx. 

"You guys do know I can drop you real easy right? No bluff."

GM

Sugar Foxx swirled her numchuks around, rather impressively. Probably less effectively. She almost danced towards Hyperactive. 

"Er....prompt?!?" she said, looking around. 

Bloom had taken cover behind a rather flimsy looking statue of an Amazonian Warrior, at least twelve feet high. It wobbled slightly. 

"Protect me and I'll give you a ten picture deal!" she screamed at the young Actress. 

"Sure...sure...ten pictures! Wow!" she smiled, her teeth shining with Hollywood white. She didn't look exactly sure whom she had to protect Bloom from, however. 

Gold Star marched forward, pushing her aside. 

"Hey, mister! Watch where yo're goin!" she huffed back at him. 

"I always do" he said, blankly, raising his fire and firing his gun. Zap! Zap! Zap! Three bolts of energy flew over Hyperactives head. 

The Smoking wheels gritted teeth, clenched fists, and ran towards Hyperactive. Once again bold, once again stupid. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hyperactive took aim at gold star and turned his arm still. There was a nigh imperceptible shimmer to the air as he tried to pull the kinetic energy from Gold Star. The blast slid straight off him. Ok that wouldn't work. He glanced at the guys all around him. These Smoking wheels were fairly useless. 

In a blur of motion Hyperactive dodged and darted behind the cover that Bloom was using. Oh he had a plan! 

"How good a shot do you think Gold Star is?" He asked coolly as he used her as a bit of cover from the psychotic psychic gunman. 

GM

A cloud of uncertainty seemed to fall onto the set. Zyte had the presence of mind to keep filming, such was his nature, and deeply ingrained it was. He would probably still be filming if he was decapitated. His spinal cord could do it. 

Gold Star was, however, full of certainty. 

"You mistake my intentions..." he said, a kind of cold fire in his voice. "Whilst your families destruction of mine is  worthy of vengeance, it is also in the past. My eye is turned to the future..."

He pointed his gun at Zyte, who still kept filming. 

"Keep filming!" he ordered the red-headed artist. 

He turned, rather dramatically, with a swish of his cape, to Bloom and Hyperactive. 

"I won't be manipulated. I won't be gnnnahhh" he grunted, a tic coming over his face briefly "hurt. Bloom is a cold, manipulative creature. You are a weak willed pawn, a man who is chained in his family. For someone so fast, you are so very slow" he said, a blunt smile on his lips. 

"And my father was an abusive, violent man that gnnnahhh..." again, the tic. "...hurt a small boy. Over and over and...gnnnahhh..." his hold body seized for a second. 

"...hurt. I am here as a product of you all, to transcend you all..."

He gave a noble face to Zyte's camera. "Fall everyone who has been ground down, destroyed, ignored, and hurt. I salute you, and bring you justice!" he said, raising his hand, dramatically, to the sky. 

And then he fired at Bloom....

Hyperactive was in between Bloom and the bolt in an instant. 

"I wasn't actually gonna let him shoot you. I'm not you." He said still grinning. Time slowed as Hyperactive Kicked his mind into overdrive. The crackling bolt of energy looked no faster than a ball pitched at a high school soft ball game. He dropped into a catcher's stance and held up his hands. He felt the bolt hit him and flow into him. There was a buzz in his hands, wrists, forearms, biceps, chest. 

That was as much control as he had. He clapped both hands together and gritted his teeth. He shuddered and then he felt the shockwave of some of the energy ripple out of him. He could have contained it all. But then he'd probably have leveled the studio. Or LA. 

Instead a portion of the energy burst out of him in a ring. A pulse of raw kinetic energy right into Bloom. 

GM

Hyperactive could hear some singing behind me. Like burning plastic. 

Bloom screamed and patted down her hair, which was encased in enough plastic hair spray to build a B-movie set. It was no alight and she was smacking the flames down into puffs of rather unpleasant smoke. Her scream seemed more of fear than actual pain, but it must have smarted all the same. 

Gold Star gave a look to the camera. 

"She is a bully. I give bullies what they deserve!" he said loudly. 

One of the junior grips, no doubt a frequent target of Bloom's acrid personality, actually started clapping...

"Your Dad?" Hyperactive vomited up black bile. He opened his helmet letting the mess slip onto the floor. "I get it. Me? I don't get it." He shakily rose, his body pulsating. This is bad. He felt every step burn like walking on sleeping feet. He let his body vibrate, made his voice loud. "I'm a hero." He slammed his chest. "But this worm of a woman? Yeah she's a bully, but that doesn't give us the right to kill her. That doesn't make you transcendent. It makes you childish." 

Hyperactive dropped into a sprinter's stance and then jumped the gun. His body would be a blue streak coming at Gold Star. He only needed to move the man 10^-18 m's an Attometer. Move him that far at the speed of light, well he'd dump both of them into the Shadow Zone. 

Hyperactive brought both feet up and shot them forward. He missed by inches. His feet didn't connect with anything. He felt the air as his blow snapped out. Then he heard something tear. Not muscle, but almost like fabric. This is gonna get weird. 

Edited by Kolohehonu

GM

"I don't want to kill. I want to break...Her-er-er-er-er-er......."

Something splintered in more than four dimensions. There was a juddering sound, like rubber vibrating. Everything felt truly terrible for a second. Or maybe longer. Or maybe shorter. It was hard to tell. 

The Shadow realm was present, then was not. 

Everything froze. 

Hyperactive found himself in a sea of ember, glistening, floating. It was like a beautiful hellscape. He could see, like ghosts, the people around him, still like statues. Zyte, Zane!, Bloom, Sugar. Perhaps they were moving slowly. Perhaps not. 

The buildings and set were made of moss-covered stone. Cracks webbed the ground and the architecture, and hot gas seeped like glaciers from them. 

On the ground, before him, was Gold Star. Frozen. Like a ghost. 

And then, from Gold Star, a more solid person emerged. Adam Altman, a duplicate. Whereas Gold Star was all cool determination. Adam was pure fear. 

"Uuuughhh...." he shuddered, looking around. 

"What did you do?" he asked Hyperactive. 

"You know what, I have absolutely no idea what I did." Hyperactive replied getting back on his feet. He looked between the two of them. This was weird, but as far as he could tell not world ending. Or at least not imminently world ending. Which was good. He had time. 

"I think, emphasis on think, that I just split the two of you pushed part of you into the Shadow Zone and the background radiation and energy gave you both physical form." Hyperactive paused, looked around at the stillness and quiet. A moment or longer to grab his breath perhaps. "Or I could be totally wrong!" 

"In any case we should talk this out not fight it out. Come on no one else needs to get hurt." 

• 4 weeks later...

GM

"Talk?" muttered...well...who was it?

His hands clenched and trembled, agitated. His eyes darted left to right, right to left. He was scared. 

"I'm not much good at talking" he explained. "I'm....scared. He always looked after me, and now he...isn't here any more" he said, tapping both temples with his fingers. 

"I just kind of...drowned...like I wasn't there. Bolted away. Locked up. In his...my...head...I just kind of went away..." he said, vaguely. "And now...what is this place?" he muttered at the purple haze around them. 

"This feels like my head...but all wrong...."

Ominous cold shadows started encroaching from all sides...

"Look I'm not sure where we are." Hyperactive slowed down. He wasn't sure if this was stable, or how far it went. But he could talk to this guy. "But you don't have to be a slave in your own mind. We can figure this out without violence. Without him." Now he just had to figure out what the heck was going on. He could do that right? Right?

• 2 weeks later...

GM

The man...whoever he was...held up his hands, shaking them and his head in fear and denial. "Fight...no!" he spluttered, and the shadows grew, full of purple haze and cold. 

Hyperactive was feeling cold. And compressed. The strange dimension seemed to crush around him, collapsing in fear. 

"I don't want to fight...nggh....fight!" the man grunted, starting to panic. 

"This place...it's me!" he screamed suddenly full of insight and fear. And, just a bit of rage. He shuddered, feeling the shadows around him. 

"I always knew I was special. I could do things with my mind. Lock parts away, some kind of energy from them. I don't understand it. Must have got it from papa..." he wondered, hugging himself desperately. 

"Then you brought me here. Brought us. This place is dangerous. Its my mind, and my mind is dangerous. Like a tsunami held back by crumbling walls. It provides him...the Gold Star...with strength. With will. But if the damn breaks...." 

"we have to leave!!!!"