The Doctor Is OUT [OOC]

Blarghy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so, we're back to Miracle Girl.  Who can, obviously, get to Tristan if she wants to take Terrifica's advice...although since I don't see the Move-By Action feat on MG's sheet (very weird; I could've sworn she had it), I'm not entirely sure that she can grab him and then fly away in the same turn.  Or, she's also got the movement speed to jet across the West End and intercept Julia, or get to any part of the house/bunker and reach the other hostages, or enemies, or whatever.  Options abound! 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don't think you can interpose for an Area-Aura, but the good news is that the ice man doesn't seem to actually be threatening anyone with (purposeful) harm.  To both of our heroines, he just looks like a confused old man, whose presence is unfortunately deadly to everyone around him.  Miracle Girl can probably persuade him to act as she wishes on his upcoming turn, if she wants something reasonable that he can remember and understand, which is perhaps easier said than done.  His cold Aura will take effect on his turn at the end of the round, depending on where he is by that point; Heritage, if you want to post again to make use of your Diplomacy roll since it seems like your action for this round, then that's fine with me.

The guard on the ground floor of the house has fled down to the top floor of the bunker, where his friends are taking hostages (which I guess they'd already done before, but now they're especially committed to it).  Sea Devil and Singularity are up!

Sea Devil and Singularity both have enough movement to surpass any normal human - but it wasn't their turn in initiative! Alas. 

Sea Devil is going to try and eat that guy's gun as a way of providing a circumstance bonus to Singularity's coming Intimidate check. 

She'll spend her turn moving within melee range - and then grab for it with her tongue, squeezing it hard enough to keep the mechanisms from working. 

Can I take 10 and hit it? (i.e., are these minions)

Hmmm.  I'm using the Thug archetype from the M&M book with slightly lower Strength and Constitution for everybody except Anthony, to reflect their young ages, so it's juuuuust possible for the gunman to match Sea Devil's roll.

Disarm: 1d20+1 9

But luck is not on his side!  Feel free to post and give me Singularity's Intimidate check.  Does a +2 circumstance modifier seem fair?  I'm tempted to go higher, but Singularity's skill bonus is already so good by itself that I highly doubt these kids will resist.  In fact, if she uses her Skill Mastery, I don't know if it's even mathematically possible to fail. 

That's more than enough to be successful, so the teenagers submit as ordered (which should probably happen on their turn rather than immediately, but I think it flows better this way, and I doubt that any of the three heroes who'll go ahead of them will do something to change their actions).   There's still one injured boy--Anthony--on the second floor of the bunker, between our two paired teams, for anyone keeping track, but he isn't currently doing much.

Next, by saving (most of the) civilians, Sea Devil gets another Hero Point!  And for putting themselves in harm's way to do the same for Tristan, at the expense of their own safety, so do Miracle Girl and Terrifica.

On Caleb's turn, he follows Miracle Girl's instructions and moves back into the bedroom; he can only go 30 feet in a turn, so if he was essentially at point-blank range before, then this drops his Aura's rank by 3 points, I believe, for a rank 7 Damage effect.  So, I'll need a Toughness check from EP and Heritage, DC22. 

This brings us to round 2, which starts off with Julia zooming through the bunker, seeing (and misunderstanding) what's happening at the bottom, recognizing Miracle Girl from our last adventure, and attacking her!  She'll shift a couple points from Defense to Attack, which I think is fair for Miracle Girl (the only one who can actually see her, although Miss Grue is aware of Julia thanks to her own Super-Senses) to realize.

Attack: 1d20+12 17

But she still misses!  So, we're back to Miss Grue and Terrifica--although before you take your turn, Tiff, can you make a Notice check?

Name                    HPs    Initiative    Damage        Status Conditions

Julia                   N/A    24            None          None

Miss Grue               2      17            None          None

Terrifica               5      17            Bruise 1      None

Miracle Girl            4      14            None          None

Scientists 1-4          N/A    10            Bruise 1      None

Thug 1 (Marco)          N/A    10            Bruise 1      None

Thug 2 (Anthony)        N/A    10            Bruise 3      Staggered

Thugs 3-5               N/A    10            None          None

Singularity             N/A    9             None          None

Sea Devil               5      8             None          None

Caleb                   N/A    LAST          None          Staggered

On 9/23/2017 at 5:15 PM, Blarghy said:

You're right, EP; that slipped my mind!  Probably because it's not intuitive to me to remember that, by the strict rules, you can evade temperature.  :P  I'm actually going to quickly add the Alternate Save Extra into my notes and switch it from Reflex to Fortitude, which I think makes more sense.  I don't think it helps Terrifica in this case, though, since even if she succeeds, half of a +0 Damage effect is still +0.  Still, good catch!

And then:

On 10/7/2017 at 2:21 PM, EternalPhoenix said:

Yes, I'm almost helplessly obsessing about RWBY's return later this month, but let's see. I'm gonna go for it. Switch the Gadgets to Immunity (cold/ice; Flaw: Limited [half effect]). It'll take up the whole bloody thing, but eh. And keep moving in. Or are we not strictly on Initiative yet, in which case I can do a bit more.

So that rank 7 is halved and (rounded down as I'm told is the standard) is 3. 13 Fort save for half, yes?

http://orokos.com/roll/567405 27 for that Fort save. Made easily with a nat 20. So rank 3 is halved again. to rank 1. Leaving me with a 16 Toughness DC.

http://orokos.com/roll/567406 11. 

...no. HP reroll. Rolling under 5 is not acceptable. http://orokos.com/roll/567407 28, instead.

Is all that okay, Blarghy?

Oh, wow!  For a natural 20, I'll give you more than I originally planned.

Miss Grue:

Spoiler

The young grue should be proud of herself: in spite of the chaos right below her, she manages to notice something that's not only further away, but much less flashy.  Across the street, behind the row houses opposite to the one she hovers over, she can sense some very suspicious minds.  They appeared so quickly that they can't be normal humans--they either moved at great speed, or cloaked themselves somehow until just now--but have paused, and she can feel them thinking.  Only, these don't feel like people, but rather, one-dimensional photographs of people.  Or, perhaps, those big orange fruits that humans customarily carve for Halloween: empty things with rigid faces carved on the outside to simulate expressions.  Still, what little substance they do have is antagonistic in its nature, and aimed at her and her friends! 

She feels seven of these "people."  Then, so subtly that Miss Grue can barely sense it, she watches a line of thought from the leader--she can pick him out now--"jump" across the West End.  Miss Grue can't pierce the encrypted radio channel, or even see it, but she can perceive where the thought lands again: on an eighth villain about a mile away, moving very fast, approaching what she recognizes as the AEGIS convoy that rushes to her aid. 

They're about to be attacked, and she's the only one who knows it!

• 2 weeks later...

Cool.  Onto Terrifica, then (although do remember that you can still respond and discuss with one another, even outside of your turn). 

One question, though, Tiff: has Miss Grue transformed into some giant monster, or just a Huge-sized version of her normal self?  I assume you're using the Growth alternate power of your Grue Nature array.  Also, is she still flying above the house, or has she landed, or moved, or what?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright, by the Diplomacy table, Julia should now be Indifferent.  I'm not holding to that too strictly, but she isn't currently attacking Miracle Girl, so that's something.  You can reply to her and decide your actions for this round (if you want to take any), and then I'll probably move onto the other NPCs and then Sea Devil/Singularity.