The Sick and the Serpentine (OOC)

Supercape

OK my memory was fuzzy on this one and I actually had to do a search: http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?t=21817

Turns out my memory was right though! Damage 9 effect  (DC 24 Toughness)

Tough Save vs being hit by Duke: 1d20+0 8 is enough to knock Billy Bob out cold

Toughness vs Being thrown: 1d20+4 23 Duke takes another bruise

For the remainder of the round, we have Duke getting up and picking up Billy Bobs Machete (two move rounds)

The Swamp Horror will swipe at the nearest person, at this stage thats Kimo: Miss Chance vs Kimo: 1d4 3 not missing due to concealment and Swipes at Kimo: 1d20+5 18 hitting, giving Kimo a DC 23 Toughness Save (NB: The Con penalty) and a DC 15 Reflex Save vs the snare. 

Edited by Supercape
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so Captain Hammer will wade over to Dukes dropped Shotgun and pick it up. 

Round 9:

13 Kid K - 3 CON drained, Bruised, 2 HP

13 Duke, raging [7 rnd], bruised

13 Swamp Horror, Bruised, Injured

7 Captain Hammer, 20' Away. 

The field is thinned now, so Kimo is up again!

Ill make a minor edit to the last IC post to represent Hammers action. 

So poor Duke, confused, will carry on attacking mutant swamp thing: Swings at the swamp thing: 1d20+4 16 amazingly, that hits. As he is raging thats a Damage 9 effect including the machete, making a DC 24 Tough save:

Tough vs Dukes Machete: 1d20+7 23 another bruise, another injury for the swamp thing. 

In response, the swamp thing will reflexively lswing back at Duke, Swings at Duke: 1d20+5 11 and misses, even with Duke raging. 

Captain Hammer will fire the shotgun at the Swamp Thing: Fires shotgun at Swamp beast: 1d20+6 11 also missing!

Round 10:

13 Kid K - 3 CON drained, Bruised, 2 HP

13 Duke, raging [8 rnd], bruised

13 Swamp Horror, Bruisedx2, Injuredx2

7 Captain Hammer, 20' Away. 

Ok sorry for delay!

The Swamp Horror, bereft of immediate targets, will slither away in the swamp. His swimming speed is 5mph, and he is unhindered in swamp like conditions. So 30'/Round. 

At this point, I will suggest a pause in combat, but not conflict!

Ok cool ill resolve this later but just sounding you out as to your preferences as a player: I tend to go for hard choices and unclear wins as a gm: they resonate in memory. I am not however a crushing gm that enforces brutal defeats either.

So just sounding out your tolerance and preferences regarding hard choices, unclear endings and so on. What's your feeling? 

I don't want to push you somewhere uncomfortable 

Ok. Well I get it, always winning gets old. I'm not looking to completely break my characters will. 

I don't know how I feel about loose ends. I suppose it means there's reason to come back to places. Hard choices are a reality. I'm going to exhaust all my options before I let someone die. But if someone has to die. I guess someone has to die. 

I'm gonna go for the best option, but sometimes the best option still isn't great?

Ok that helps! I have no end in mind, though! :) I suppose I don't quite see it as winning / losing, but more that some decisions sometimes have to be made which means whilst most people live reasonably content after, not everybody lives happily ever after every time. 

Anyway, without further ado: that crit certainly adds a lot more oomph to a knockout victory! ;)

Tough vs Being thrown: 1d20+9 21 for Duke. with a bruise already, and mindful that I completely got his toughness wrong, that is actually a roll of 16. Vs a Damage 24 effect makes dazed and another bruise. 

Captain Hammer on the other hand: Toughness save vs Duke being thrown into him: 1d20+2 10 is knocked out. 

Ok so playing a little loose with initiative right now:

Duke is Bruised x3, Dazed

Swamp Creature is Bruised x2, Injured x2, and 60' Away underwater

Rosa is ensnared (and effectively not breaking out for a while)

Everyone else is KOd. 

Kid K is up again. 

Ok I have checked and I am fairly sure KK is on 2 HP (you had spent one with a diplomacy check to get Duke to spot the witch was alive but I Gmd that away). With using extra effort to percieve / mind control through the water, that makes:

Kimo 1 HP

Could you throw me an opposed mind control roll?

FOr reference you are up against: Will save vs Mind Control: 1d20+6 8 so basically, roll above 1....

Ok... now feel free to nix this.., but could I use a Hero Point with my Lono powers to do a mental healing? (In game terms: Transform as the book describes mental transform 2pp per rank.) Basically transforming/healing the mind back to what it was?

Its a reasonable stunt and one I would allow mechanically. At this stage, I feel its your choice about what you would like, narratively. Kimo is certainly using every effort to clean things and his conscious on that part can be clear. 

Broadly you might feel it is more interesting just to say "Nope". Or "Yep". Or somewhere inbetween, such as, yes it works for a bit but fades later (ah! the tragedy!), or it heals part of his minds, or just restores his personality in the deformed blind body. 

Let me know what you would find most dramatic / interesting / appealing and we can go from there.