The Sick and the Serpentine (OOC)

Supercape

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite: as per Ultimate Power, Healing allows you to recover damage conditions, which does not include ability damage (or status effects), so you still have CON 3 drain. 

On the positive side, HEaling gives you a bonus to the Poison effect which would kick in after a minute (another Drain 4 effect) - after which no further saves needed. With a Fort save of +3 and the Healing 10 power giving another +10, a total of +13, means you cannot fail the poison save!

Feel free to narrate that as you wish (e.g. the poison pouring out of the bite marks). 

For now, yes! I'm adding a few ranks of Slow Fade to the drain to make it meaningful: Recover 1 point every hour. 

As far as I know the only way to recover from a drain effect is a boost effect. So with extra effort / HP expenditure we could hand waive a recovery as a stunt?

As I understand it the healing power does have these limitations by design so that it is not a "ping back from anything" kind of power (which, in array costing 1 PP would be pretty cheesy!) 

Edited by Supercape

All good; not sure you need those rolls but we'll use them. As per standard rules, escaping from those bonds would be 20+Dex modifier (20 for you but arguably 25 if you are using Agility of Laka). However, thats unlikely to come up. The Search will reveal something else as per IC!

Initiative rolls please. Vesper will have a nominal initiative of 10, as will Rosa, although both will essentially be non-combatative (Vesper is only about PL 2 combat wise, and already staggered). 

Zombie Witch: initiative: 1d20 3

Swamp Horror: Initiative: 1d20+0 13

Also, can Kimo make a DC 10 Reflex save to avoid the grasping Zombie hands (this is a kind of fudged surprise attack, but rather than use defence, whether he can jump out of the way fast enough, or kick the hands away etc). 

Right, given Vesper is essentially prone, staggered, and barely resisting, and physically is PL 2, I'm just saying that knocks her clean out. 

The Zombie, on the other hand, as its just hands, I'm ruling the other way, in that she is so covered, she automatically makes the reflex save, although must roll the toughness save, which is DC 19. Toughness save vs Shockwave: 1d20+2 21 And she just makes it. For her action however, she will just be climbing out of the soil. 

Duke and Billy Bob are now in the fray, although still 30' from the temple/shrine. Initiative: 1d20+10 14 Billy Bob, and Initiative: 1d20+4 13 Duke

So I will post some IC stuff and then we are up to

Round 2:

16 - Kid K - 3 CON drained- 2 HP

14 Billy Bob

13 Duke

13 - Swamp Horror

10 - Dr Rosa Sanchez

3 - Zombie

Meaning Kid K is back up. 

Billy Bob is delay action. Duke will go into a rage (literally, using the feat), and fire his shotgun at Kid K

Fires Shotgun at Kimo: 1d20+6 25 thats a hit, but not a critical. However, as Kimo has protection activated (as per core rule book) its a lower damage, so a DC 18 Toughness Save be mindful you have a 3 point CON plenalty so -2 to toughness. 

If you would like, perhaps post a reaction to be shot in the chest IC (plus any thought processes internal monologue, etc)? You are not up yet however. If you would just like to pass to the rest of the round without posting, let me know. 

OK, so finishing off the round, Rosa will fire the Flare Gun at the Swamp Thing. It isn't dodging, so its going to explode on him, and the shrine. He has a damage 5 effect: tough Save vs Flare Gun: 1d20+8 19 he receives a bruise and an injury. 

The shrine is now on fire!

Round 3:

16 Kid K - 3 CON drained, 2 HP, Inside burning Shrine

14 Billy Bob, 30' away, outside burning shrine

13 Duke, 30' Away, outside burning shrine, raging [1 rnd]

13 Swamp Horrow, Bruised, Injured, Just outside splintered remains of burning shrine. 

10 Rosa Sanchez

Kid K is up!

So Billy Bob is going to spend his action moving towards the burning shrine (though the difficult terrain), but not entering it. 

Duke is going to try and charge him, Charges Billy Bob: 1d20+6 16 which just hits Billy Bob. 

Duke, Raged, has a STR of 24 so a damage 7 effect on Billy Bob (DC 22), who rolls Tough save vs Duke: 1d20+2 14 meaning dazed and bruised. 

The Swamp Horror is going to bust into the burning shrine as per upcoming IC. 

Round 4:

16 Kid K - 3 CON drained, 2 HP, Inside burning Shrine

14 Billy Bob, just outside burning shrine, bruised, dazed (until init 13)

13 Duke, just outside burning shrine, raging [2 rnd]

13 Swamp Horrow, Bruised, Injured, Inside burning shrine. 

10 Rosa Sanchez

Kid K is up but with burning embers landing on him Ill ask for a DC8 Concentration check to maintain the Mind Control (not enough to injury him more than superficially but hard to concentrate!)