Empire of Emerald and Jade OOC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, time to make some checks.

Switching Sonic Control Array to the Enhanced Charisma+Skills mode. 

Sense Motive on the minions, to figure out how thoroughly they believe in the whole "ours is not to question the mighty Empress, simply to do her will" sort of thing: 31.

Use Skill Mastery to Auto-50 the Bluff on the minion-types to make them believe Gabriel's 1000% on-board and happy with things. Working for the Empress is clearly the best, you guys! 

Sense Motive on the Empress, just to try and get a read on her: 23. Hm. I'm gonna HP reroll that, he's got the heebie-jeebies here: 25, which becomes 35.

Intimidate specifically on the Empress, going to roll this, goal is so that she knows he knows she knows who he is, and that they're there against their will, and he's not happy, but that the minions don't pick up on it: 48. Mediocre, but whatareyagondo. 

EDIT: Okay, so, um, yeah, it's up to @EternalPhoenix whether any of the PCs can overcome their comparative Sense Motive and Gabriel's Bluff check there. (Said Bluff should carry over between outside and inside, and failing that, just have him do another SM-Bluff check to make everyone not-the-Empress think that his little talk with her is totally for-reals helpful and sincere.) Offhand, I could see Grim picking up on it a bit more easily, due to both knowing Gabriel a bit better, and maybe having a bit better "in" on some of the freaky-deaky stuff here, but even then, up to you guys/EP. If you don't pick up on it, it may be shocking how helpful and supportive Gabriel is for this Stepford-Wives-Lite world. 

Meanwhile, the Empress can absolutely tell that Gabriel's working to Intimidate her, rather than Diplomacy. My roll is just to see how well it works, EP. 

Edited by KnightDisciple

Sense Motive on the minions: Yep, they do believe it. Gabe's eyes only.

Spoiler

Arrow Ace, who is apparently a world champion at not letting stuff out. The jovial attitude is a front.

Auto-50’ing the Bluff: Now that definitely gets all of them…except for James. His Skill Master’ed Sense Motive plus another thing (DC 25 Perception check to notice it working, and that goes for anyone) is enough to match what Gabe’s dealing out. So he knows Gabe’s full of it on that one, and the order of checks means Gabe doesn’t know he knows.

Sense Motive on the Empress: You get an even stronger sense of her absolute conviction that she is the only person (on the planet, in the universe, or merely present in this room) who is right about anything. Like I described, endless self confidence. Anything else  you might get is simply too obscured by that to be read.

Intimidate specifically on the Empress: No effect. And if you (or anyone, really) beat a DC 30 Perception check, I’ll even tell you why.

Unless you’re trying to Bluff your allies as well as everyone else, I’ll let who wants to roll for it do so. I’m not going to make anyone try to beat that, as I doubt anyone could. Even with the group penalty applied.

The way I was gonna play it for Grim is she would totally buy what he's saying...if she didn't know him. And her gut would tell her that unless he's mind controlled (a terrifying thought), there is no way in hell Gabe would sign off on this, as it flies in the face of humanity's God-given free will, which is one of things she knows he values highly.

1 hour ago, KnightDisciple said:

Perception/Notice Check: 35.

This was for noticing the thing the Empress was/is doing.

This check is to notice whatever James is doing: 21. Ugh. Not gonna burn an HP on that though, so, no notice there.

@Droideka that's a pretty good Bluff, but doesn't beat 50. If Gallant knows who Gabriel is, he might at least be able to wonder if something is off, though. Really, his reaction's up to you!

@Heritage , that's fair. I don't intend to impose figure it out/don't figure it out on the other PCs by any stretch.

• 2 weeks later...

Using Ultimate Intimidate for an auto-20, which means (since he is still in Super Charisma Mode) a 60 on that Intimidate check. Even if it doesn't mechanically do anything, I feel compelled to play that out. :P

(This should leave Gabe at 4HP, before Complications kick in, if they ever do.)

EDIT: That said, let me know if any of this is Too Much. 

Edited by KnightDisciple

Yep, moving things forward. Miracle of miracles. Anyway, since Hyperactive read the mission file and (presumably) filled everyone else in, if there's info you need it'll have to be in this thread now. So ask away. Though, always possible what you want wasn't there.

So just to be clear -- Chrome isn't trying to be down on Gabriel or questioning his actions. He just feels that he's had his nose rubbed in the whole "you're made of evil alien nanotech" sitch and needs to talk it out without talking it out.