Empire of Emerald and Jade OOC

Okay, so Gabriel's gonna turn on his "Far-Hearing, The Tongues of Men & Angels, Ventriliquism" power in his Array (Communication, Comprehend, Super-Senses). 

Then, he's going to try and see if he can hear and understand any conversations inside the dome of energy, within his 20-mile range.

Notice Check: 20.

EDIT: As a reminder, though the power itself says this too, his super-hearing only picks up speech, not "every sound ever".

Edited by KnightDisciple
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:08 AM, Kolohehonu said:

Gonna use my quickness 17 via my Array to take 20 on a search check of a transmitter. Looking for anything suspicious or out of place. Like I dunno, a tracking device. So 29 on that check

You find nothing suspicious or out of place. If you want to make a KN (tech) check to make heads or tails of it, you're welcome to.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, Raveled said:

I guess Chrome can try a Computers roll.

Results 1d20+11: 20 [1d20=9]

I didn't say he'd do well.

Yep, hacking into it will take a bit of a higher roll than that.

54 minutes ago, KnightDisciple said:

Okay, so Gabriel's gonna turn on his "Far-Hearing, The Tongues of Men & Angels, Ventriliquism" power in his Array (Communication, Comprehend, Super-Senses). 

Then, he's going to try and see if he can hear and understand any conversations inside the dome of energy, within his 20-mile range.

Notice Check: 20.

EDIT: As a reminder, though the power itself says this too, his super-hearing only picks up speech, not "every sound ever".

The Notice check is nice of you, but as far away as you are (horizon's about 3 miles away at sea level, so that's about how far you are away) they've got no reason suspect anyone is listening. And you have enough range that penalties don't come into play. You can have an HP. You do hear voices and something identifiable as speech, even as individual words. But doesn't make sense. Like TNG's "Darmok and Jelad at Tanagra". You understand the words but not the context in which they're being used.

Edited by EternalPhoenix
24 minutes ago, EternalPhoenix said:

The Notice check is nice of you, but as far away as you are (horizon's about 3 miles away at sea level, so that's about how far you are away) they've got no reason suspect anyone is listening. And you have enough range that penalties don't come into play. You can have an HP. You do hear voices and something identifiable as speech, even as individual words. But doesn't make sense. Like TNG's "Darmok and Jelad at Tanagra". You understand the words but not the context in which they're being used.

Hm. What about if I tried rolling KN (Arcane Lore) or (Theo & Phil), or Perform (Acting) or (Oratory)? To try putting myself in the mindset of "communicating concepts with prose/meter and verse"? 

You can parse some of it. They're not all agreeing with each other. The two deep voices are referred to as Dragon (with the meaning and usage being somewhere between Best Friend and Deity), and referred to as such. The four humans seem to all be female, even if two of them have rough, husky voices. It's one of the light voiced ones that's disagreeing with the other one. The two dragons clearly stand with the one of the light voiced ones, but the two husky voices are trying not to take sides as they are pressed to do so. Please do note that is a disagreement and not an argument. The light voiced one with the dragons is clearly in charge and referred to as Priestess. The two heavy voices are referred to as Knights. The remaining light voiced one is referred to (disrespectfully) by the dragons as Child or occasionally Whelp. Priestess's version is more respectful, closer to the My Child that Gabe would know from any Catholic priest ever. It is only the Knights that treat the last one as a equal with the name Trickster.

• 1 month later...